Most Phenomenal Film You've Ever Seen?

Said it before and I'll say it again...

810NavkgeGL._SY445_.jpg

40066.png

"You're fucking there, mate"

Not my favourite films by any stretch but "Martrys" (French version) stuck with me for days and days. Couldn't stop thinking about it. And Lone Survivor was amazing too. A film I instantly wanted to watch again.

Birdman was fucking amazing.
Also Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
And Fight Club

Not my favourite films by any stretch but "Martrys" (French version) stuck with me for days and days. Couldn't stop thinking about it. And Lone Survivor was amazing too. A film I instantly wanted to watch again.

French horror films of the last 20 years >>>>>>>>>>>

Martyrs, Sheitan, Irreversible, Calvaire, Dans Ma Peau, A l'Interior...

French horror films of the last 20 years >>>>>>>>>>>

Martyrs, Sheitan, Irreversible, Calvaire, A l'Interior...

Will add these to download list and get them watched!

10 thIngs I hate about you

Just don't watch Irreversible with your missus ;)

I've just IMDB'd them all and the first 3 intrigue me greatly (Sheitan, Irreversible, Calvaire) but the last 2 not so much.

Will let you know how I go on with them.

I've just IMDB'd them all and the first 3 intrigue me greatly (Sheitan, Irreversible, Calvaire) but the last 2 not so much.

Will let you know how I go on with them.

a l'interior and Sheitan are solid. Calvaire is a masterpiece. Irreversible is hands down one of the top 5 most traumatizing films I've seen.

I don't know how many times I've watched this movie, The Last Wave, it just continues to be absolutely fascinating to me - hypnotic, dreamy, beautiful, eerie, atmospheric, landscapes within landscapes, stories within stories, a great soundtrack and David Gulpilil and the tribal elder Nanji are outstanding. The entire cast is great, even the deadpan Chamberlain is perfect in this role.

Also loved Mallick's The Thin Red Line, for similar qualities, though The Last Wave is infinitely more intriguing on (repeat) reviewing because it's so much more wildly and tangibly abstract.

There are the original Terminator and Alien are my cup of tea. Sci Fi action horror. Well acted, intense, great soundtracks. Other movies that blew me away:
Braveheart
Last of The Mohicans
The Matrix
Jaws
The Shining
Good Will Hunting
Reservoir Dogs
Blackhawk Down

That ONE film? Well, if we're going by which film I've recommended the most times I would say "Belly of an Architect" by Peter Greenaway. Partly cuz no one knows it, and why the fuck would I be recommending Taxi Driver or Pulp Fiction or the likes.

But it's certainly not the only reason as it's also "in my heart forever".

Easily The Terminator for me. I was under aged at the time but the cineplex in Toronto, at the time, made it easy to buy a ticket for one movie and go into another.

The reason it was so special was that I didn't know anything about the movie. Zero. A friend had seen it and said that it was the most awesome thing ever. I was blown away.

images.jpeg

No movie has ever affected me as much as this one.

Rainman

Apocolypto

Terminator

Schindlers list

The pianist

Gangs of new York

Theory of everything

Braveheart

Godfather

Goodfellas

Almost famous

ROTLArk