Log

How was Florida?

It was really nice. We had a Tornado watch on Tuesday which was pretty crazy to experience. Our condo in right on the beach, facing the gulf. The power of that shit was incredible. Leading up to the storm it was beautiful weather. The storm lasted a few hours, then it was beautiful again.

We made one outing to see Winter the Dolphin (from the movie, Dolphin Tale). I would recommend that place as it is cheap, good parking, well organized, educational and entertaining for the kids.

Mar 30, 2018

Front Squat
165x12x3

Press
75x12x3

BOR
95x12x3

April 2, 2018

Squat
235x10x3

Bench
140x12x3

Deadlift
305x15

April 5, 2018

Front Squat
175x10x3

ZPress
80x12x3

BOR
100x12x3

I really wasn't expecting to go 3x12 for as long as I did. I'm definitely growing, which is why I started with 3x12 in the first place. Right now I'm waking up at 195-198lbs. I'd like to be 205 by end of summer but lean(ish).

I'm going to push 3x10 for a few more sessions, then move to 4x6, 6x4 then get into doubles and singles. I'm in no hurry. Then I'll go back down to 3x12's and see if I can push a little more weight. I see no reason to make any exercise changes at this point.

A
Squat
Bench
Deads

B
F Squat
ZPress
BOR

Keep it up man! I find it hard to gain lean weight. I'm trying my best to not dreamer bulk.

Calorie dense protein shakes are helping, I think.

Keep it up man! I find it hard to gain lean weight. I'm trying my best to not dreamer bulk.

Calorie dense protein shakes are helping, I think.
I've reduced my animal protein intake so finding things that work was a challenge. But I've found a pretty good diet plan that seems to be doing the trick.

Lots of oatmeal, cottage cheese, legumes, veggies, wine, pasta and peanut butter...

You definitely have more will power than I do.

I have, for the most part, only been consuming animal protein and animal byproducts. Now that my carbohydrate consumption is basically zero, outside of unintentional consumption (ie the 1g per egg etc) and the odd carrot and celery so I don’t get scurvy, my gut health feels great. I really did not expect that outcome, a pleasant surprise.

My decisions were basically in support of my wife and some friends who were moving to a more plant based diet. I still eat McDonalds, but that's like a food group in and of itself.

April 8, 2018

Squat
245x10x3

Bench
145x10x3

That's all I had time for tonight. Family came over for our Sunday dinner.

April 14, 2018

Front Squat
185x10x2
185x5x2 Really slow eccentric; quick concentric

Z Press
85x10x3

Bulgarian SS
45x15
45x5x3 Completed by alternating legs, no breaks.

I have, for the most part, only been consuming animal protein and animal byproducts. Now that my carbohydrate consumption is basically zero, outside of unintentional consumption (ie the 1g per egg etc) and the odd carrot and celery so I don’t get scurvy, my gut health feels great. I really did not expect that outcome, a pleasant surprise.

So minimal veggies too? You must have to eat a lot of meat to stay full.

Good lifting NK. You're gonna have huge legs from these high-rep squats.

They are definitely growing. I lost a considerable amount of girth when I lost the weight.
I'm liking the progression, but things are getting heavy. My workouts are a test of mental fortitude as well. I'm constantly talking myself into starting the set. Helps when your kids are in the room, don't want to seem like a giver-upper in front of them.

I feel you, I lost a lot of mass this year and didn't have much to spare to begin with. I almost bought skinny jeans but talked myself out of it on the grounds that I WILL lift regularly again and WILL get bigger/stronger this year.

I'm basically a 45 lb plate behind you in my squats, I plan on doing 135x10 today.

I feel you, I lost a lot of mass this year and didn't have much to spare to begin with. I almost bought skinny jeans but talked myself out of it on the grounds that I WILL lift regularly again and WILL get bigger/stronger this year.

I'm basically a 45 lb plate behind you in my squats, I plan on doing 135x10 today.

nice.
I was surprised at how long 3x12 lasted. I was not expecting it at all. However I planned to be at 3x10 and 3x8 for longer than it appears that I will be.

So minimal veggies too? You must have to eat a lot of meat to stay full.

Yes. Minimal veggies and no fruit. I really like meat, someating significant amounts of meat is fine with me.

I ate pizza this weekend. I felt so sick for days after. Fucking carbs.

I want to see big jacked quads, D.

Back