Could Justin Gaethje break KO Record?

HankScorpio

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think Overeem has the most with 10 but given Gaethje style and continued main event booking against top-tier fighters, he got a shot. If he sticks around for more than the five fights he says he has left.

The one thing about dubious records like this is the person has to be good enough to win half the time and he can.

Gaethje's chin hasn't even fully given out yet. Dude is just too tough for his own good.

Overeem was getting knocked out cold a looooooong time ago - it's actually amazing that he's still a top HW

His chin will be Chuck Liddel level in a year or so.

He's admitted he won't change his style. I say let him get Diego Sanchez just to give him an easier opponent.

It just blows my mind that a division 1 wrestler literally does not use his wrestling other than to keep the fight standing. He has power but seemingly not one shot power so it would be in his best interest to mix things up.

I feel like he could have at least beat Poirier if he mixed things up. Not saying he wouldw have but to not even try to wrestle seems odd to me.

It just blows my mind that a division 1 wrestler literally does not use his wrestling other than to keep the fight standing. He has power but seemingly not one shot power so it would be in his best interest to mix things up.

I feel like he could have at least beat Poirier if he mixed things up. Not saying he wouldw have but to not even try to wrestle seems odd to me.

This is why I think he could break the record, he's the right combination of talent + poor game plan.

No doubt about it. He would be a real threat to almost anyone at LW if he would stop fighting like a lunatic. He likes to brawl but that is just a ridiculous philosophy and it is looking like he has basically reached his peak using it. MAKE ADJUSTMENTS

He is so tough that he will probably be braindead before is KOed. Against Poirier he swallowed 142 punches to the head. It's ridiculous.

He’s got that Dan Henderson mentality. Good wrestling, but says fuck it and bangs instead. He doesn’t even need to really change his game, just make it known the threat of the takedown is there.

That little machine Francis punched claims gatheje has the p4p the strongest punch, anyhow I agree he definitely would have beat 1 legged porier if he used some takedowns and poriers ability to defend off his back and get up would be diminished as well.
Gatheje can satisfy the just bleed God's with ruthless top pressure with heavy gnp.

I hope not. He's already showing signs of CTE

A couple more fight's and he's gonna be sounding like Freddie Roach

He is exactly what this sport needs these days, it’s almost like we forgot they’re out there to fight or something...

His lack of fucks given/fight IQ is what will hold him back in the W/L column and propel him forward in popularity

I think Overeem has the most with 10 but given Gaethje style and continued main event booking against top-tier fighters, he got a shot...

I think getting top-tier bookings will actually hinder him in getting more KOs

And his head coach is Trevor Wittman. Makes no sense.....

2 loses isn't that about the same loss count as stipe?
Yup. They're both 18-2. But Gaethje's 2 are the most recent of his fights, and in the UFC he's 1-2...a little concerning.

Back