Deactivated my Facebook account 3 weeks ago and.....

B

bigraydaddy1

....it has been a nice 3 weeks. No getting "alerts" anymore about people liking a post. No more chain messages on Messenger.

I was wasting an hour a day or more on it, It is a good feeling.

Anyone else?

Deleted Facebook years ago. Only social media I use is sherdog and regretfully reddit

I haven’t had Facebook in a pretty long time, but I never used it anyways.

Good to hear you have more time for important shit like Sherdog now

Mark Zuckerburg just sent everyone with an active account $1000 as an apology for his screw up. sorry you missed out

Only use it because my gym uses it and it serves more of a message board of if the folks are in to train or whatever.

But really, I've been cutting down, realized I had alot of folks on there I don't talk to, they don't talk to me since we've added each other so why not. Plan to keep it under 30 people.

My FB page may as well be an alternate FB page for the company i work for.
Reviewed my history on FB recently, probably around 90% of my posted/shared content is work related.
Other 10% are generally checkins at concerts or vacation spots.

facebook is only good for finding shows and looking at sluts. I only post my music that no one listens to. I dont add any content other than my music and dont install the app on anything. It has seriously taken a big hit though.

The most important thing is to tell people about it.

Also Is it still cool to delete your facebook? Or are we already at the stage where it becomes cool to open one again?

....it has been a nice 3 weeks. No getting "alerts" anymore about people liking a post. No more chain messages on Messenger.

I was wasting an hour a day or more on it, It is a good feeling.

Anyone else?

For the past couple of years I just disabled the Facebook and Messenger App on my phone. I only ever really use it now when I'm on my laptop and only check it a couple of times a week for a combined time of like 5 or 10 minutes.

It can be a good resource for contacting people. Even though I don't really like social media I still keep it around for class reunions and things of that nature.

It's only older people that use it now. Teenagers and people in their early 20s have moved on.

Facebook is already experiencing a slow death.

It's been over 3 years since I deactivated mine. I got sick of people's shitty opinions and pictures of their kids. I haven't missed it at all.

Deleted it at least 6 years ago. Got sick of people that I hadn't talked to in over a decade sending me friend requests.

I deactivated mine recently too. Best thing is no more Russian psyops. I actually feel like voting for Hillary now. Better late than never

Never had it/ Never wanted it. I am curious as to why everyone makes excuses for having a Facebook account.

Lol at feeling smug about deleting Facebook while you spend your time posting here. This is an even bigger waste of your time. At least with Facebook you are interacting with people you actually know.

I was too lazy to start a facebook or twitter account.

deleted facebook ages ago, post here, lurk on reddit and 4chan.
all i need is my sherbros.

Back