Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I don't watch as many fights as I did in the past. One of the reasons is fighters exhibiting very low fight IQ as Casey. If I have shitty takedown defense while having success on the feet I won't run forward and clinch.

I know that feeling, there's only so many times you can watch fighters continually potato their way to a loss in a completely winnable fight where they have most of the advantages. After a while it gets frustrating seeing all those blown fights thanks to low IQ decisions. It's 2018, you can't win without fight smarts these days.

Amber Leibrock vs Janay Harding set for Bellator 199 May 12th

A lot of old school fighters, male and female, haven't evolved over their careers. Sometimes the issue is the athlete but others, it's the coaches. Michelle is a good athlete; has speed, decent power and mobility. I think 115 is the right spot for her though she should find another camp. Which one I don't know because I believe most are horrible. Perhaps train with Shevchenko.

I also think she needs to change camps. I have never been impressed by JW, as they seem to suck at teaching fundamentals. Aerius and I discussed that at some length a while back. Most of their really good fighters are really good athletes, or they came from somewhere else.

Very surprised RIZIN is letting her fight elsewhere. Maybe they are done with her after she missed weight by a small child?

No she is scheduled to fight on RIZINs July event. ROAD and RIZIN have friendly relations, they might be "trading" Garcia in order to secure an appearance of one of ROAD's higher profile fighters.

You're right! I forgot about the one with Calderwood. I only remembered the one with Ham.

Speaking of Ham, this fight just reminded me Casey lost to her also. That's two 105 lb champions...

....and now I'm reminded I want to see Ham vs. Waterson as many of us have for over half a decade now.

I also think she needs to change camps. I have never been impressed by JW, as they seem to suck at teaching fundamentals. Aerius and I discussed that at some length a while back. Most of their really good fighters are really good athletes, or they came from somewhere else.
MMA camps seem to resemble pick up basketball at a local park. I question the credentials of most coaches.

Hillary VanOrum was in a tag team grappling bout this past weekend. Fubn bout. Hillary has done MMA before and would be interesting if she did fight for RoadFC or Rizin

KOTC desperate for Nguyen to get a win.

KOTC desperate for Nguyen to get a win.
I was thinking the same. It seems like Cassie Robb is their go to girl to get their talent a much needed win. Bi Nguyen got a win over her recently and if I remember correctly it was a really close split decision win. I am all for Robb getting her money though. Everything I have seen about her seems like she is a good person. In a way she reminds me of Celine Haga. A good person with a terrible record.

In case you missed it...

Not happy with Road booking Gabi at all. Bad enough that they're downsizing from 12 events to 8 this year, giving their female fighters less chances to fight under their banner, but now they choose to book a straight up freak show fighter over one of their legit female fighters.

Also, this only further lends credence to the words of the president of TFC, who recently accused Road of being more concerned with names and spectacle than serious fights:

Found the full article quoted above. Guy goes all in, pushing Road FC's shit in:

"Loading FC, are we afraid?" ... TFC, Joint event re-suggest

The TFC has held a press conference in November last year and has proposed a joint event in which players from both groups will meet at Road FC.

Hadongjin TFC representative (hereinafter referred to as CEO) said, "TFC and Road FC will hold a tournament at Jangchung Gymnasium on the last Saturday of December 2018." "It will be necessary to discuss in detail, but if the players are ready, No, "he said.

But Rod FC clearly lined up. They responded to each other's way. It was a rejecting doctor.

Kim Dae-hwan, president of the Road FC team, said in an interview with Sporting News on September 9, "I have a different idea from TFC, and it's right that domestic organizations are opening the competition for their respective titles. Both Angels Fighting and Max FC are doing well. "

Kim said, "I think that I am good at Rod, and I think Rod is good at the road." Rod FC is bigger than other groups, there are a lot of players, so I concentrate on managing those players. "

Ha did not hide his disappointment.

In an interview with Sportivy News on the 4th, "It was the intention of fans to make the game that they wanted. I suggested it because they thought it was Rod FC," he said.

"There is no change in the idea that the two organizations should give a chance to the domestic public martial arts to broaden the base of the game and receive a spotlight on the players. "He said.

He is convinced that the face-to-face match between top-of-the-line representatives such as TFC middleweight champion Kim Jae-young and Road FC middleweight champion Cha Jung-hwan's Super Fight, TFC featherweight champion Choi Seung-woo or Shonbin and Rod FC featherweight champion Choi Moo- .

Of course, both organizations are at great risk. The loser draws pride.

"I have not heard from Rod FC that he will not compete because he can not win if TFC is attached to Rod FC," he laughed. "This time, Rod FC is afraid of TFC I know it's hard to accept it, but the fighter has to fight, and the fighter who can not fight has no meaning. "

"We are looking forward to the future of UFC's Choi Seung-woo and Cho Sung-bin, but it is cruel to have two UFC players who are likely to enter the UFC, but it is the obligation of the competition to make the games they want. Sports, and martial arts. "

He ordered Rodfick to "wake up," criticizing the fact that entertainment tends to focus on strong match-ups, avoiding real battles.

"I think Rodf is not going to know Rod FC at home," he said, "but I am not bullied by the frequent manslaughter and ridiculous circus matches that are not martial arts," TFC said.

"Many of the RoadFC champions have not been in the game for a long time, and I wonder what it means for a martial arts contest that does not have a title defense, and I can not help feeling that Rod FC is like a management agency for a player, not a player. I am very sorry for one of the workers. "

Then he suggested again. I raised my voice.

"The Korean martial arts group seems to have locked themselves in the form of narcissism and arrogance that only Lord FC should be, and Korean fans still want to fight between the two groups. If it's for fans, come out. "

Rod FC is known to have issued internal guidelines for stakeholders and players to refrain from referring to other organizations. I have been in the past with the original championship, but after the negotiations are broken, I am going to the 'My Way' by opening tournaments for each weight category and spurring advance into China. It is unknown whether it will respond to TFC's proposal.

TFC continues to host international mega events such as the World Cup and Asian Games this year. I met TFC 17 in Seoul on February 23 and TFC Dream 5 in Cheongju on the 31st of last month. TFC 18 is being prepared in Seoul next month.

"I plan to open more than 10 times this year including 5 number of tournaments this year." TFC and his players decided to fight and fight again until there is only one fan left.

Very surprised RIZIN is letting her fight elsewhere. Maybe they are done with her after she missed weight by a small child?

She's probably like 9/10 of the fighters on their "roster" in that she's not signed to them exclusively.

This should be a fun scrap.

I've never seen a boring Fujino scrap. Jacobson isn't always full of action, though.

Neat fact: to my knowledge, Fujino is the only MMA fighter to have a entrance song custom written for her.

Cheyanne Vlismas talks Invicta FC debut May 4, Miesha Tate being her manager & Rescuing Dogs

I was thinking the same. It seems like Cassie Robb is their go to girl to get their talent a much needed win. Bi Nguyen got a win over her recently and if I remember correctly it was a really close split decision win. I am all for Robb getting her money though. Everything I have seen about her seems like she is a good person. In a way she reminds me of Celine Haga. A good person with a terrible record.

Of course Haga is 9-3 if you ignore the first 11 outings (10-2 really) ..... any news of her getting a fight? I guess she's too good now to be brought in against the local favorite and then there's Invicta.

Get your sponsorship spot before the hype train leaves the station!

Get your sponsorship spot before the hype train leaves the station!

I like Mallory. She's exciting to watch. If I had a business (which, alas, I do not) I'd definitely consider sponsoring her.

It's funny you mention that because Futina has stated Garcia has the striking skills of a child.

Of course Haga is 9-3 if you ignore the first 11 outings (10-2 really) ..... any news of her getting a fight? I guess she's too good now to be brought in against the local favorite and then there's Invicta.

Thought I read she has a fight in May lined up. I always wanted to see her and Montenegro in a rematch. Maybe settle the madness from their first outing.

Back