I want to break someones face when they complain about...

how can I calm down when I am working 7 days a week since March 20 because we cant hire good help. I mean we did recently with folks from Mexico but it is frustrating to have people in our own country walk out of service because of their bitch ass attitude.
omg you poor thing you're having to actually do work because you can't find people willing to do shit work for shit wages?

You should become a software engineer, bro. Problem solved.

<seedat>

My brother in law complains about immigrants stealing jobs. Says that’s the reason he hasn’t worked in over 20 years.

Truth is he’s just a loser and he’s lazy.
Jesus man ! How and who does he live off of ?!

Please expand on this...how does it work in those cities?

As far I know, they give everyone there a stipend. In Stockton it is really low, like $400. But i’m Guessing they are just trying to figure out what amount of money is useful vs. what amount of money incents people to not work at all. Anyway, they just get that money but they can still work and make more. I believe one of the first cities they tried is t in was in Canada, but can’t remember for sure. They found that it does not make people less likely to hold their job and continue working. I don’t see why it would unless the stipend was equal to or greater than their income.

omg you poor thing you're having to actually do work because you can't find people willing to do shit work for shit wages?

You should become a software engineer, bro. Problem solved.

<seedat>

So netting 3,500 a month for a job that requires no degree is shit job?

You pay all your employees that?

This is the money made for servers. Kitchen staff start of low but if they turn out to be amazing, they will get paid more than that. If they prove to be reliable and competent.

This is the money made for servers. Kitchen staff start of low but if they turn out to be amazing, they will get paid more than that. If they prove to be reliable and competent.
Maybe you start a bit higher so you can attract more applicants and some unemployed but a bit desperate educated people for staffing.

What the fuck do the first settlers have to do with finding good employees here and now?!
These guys are talking about real life experiences and issues. You're over here talking historical bullshit and racial quotas.

Do YOU have a job?

Of all the posts in this thread yours have added absolutely nothing to the conversation. You should hit the showers and just stfu.

Lol was thinking the same thing, sounds like someone without the experience to actually contribute anything useful.

Maybe you start a bit higher so you can attract more applicants and some unemployed but a bit desperate educated people for staffing.

They will only start off with higher pay if they have experience. But if they have no experience, then they will start off with lower pay. Teaching people how to cook is time consuming. It can be done if a prep is interested but if a person who is applying for the chef job has no proper experience, then they have no room to bargain.

They will only start off with higher pay if they have experience. But if they have no experience, then they will start off with lower pay. Teaching people how to cook is time consuming. It can be done if a prep is interested but if a person who is applying for the chef job has no proper experience, then they have no room to bargain.
Ah that could be really problematic

if those americans who got their jobs stolen from immigrants didn't have felony records, drug addictions or no education, they wouldn't be complaining.

if you're an american and you got your job taken from an immigrant, illegal or not, you're fucking garbage.

Most migrants in the uk take jobs like doormen, fastfood, cleaners, hospitality. Basically jobs no one really want in the 1st place

He wants it both ways. He wants great applicants for terrible pay.

Yep that is really the problem if he can increase the starting pay he might get people from other establishments that already have good experience or else the only one that will work are really desperate people who probably have been kicked out for bad habits like masturbating at work and what not.

Its not a conspiracy but the "elite". It is cost vs benefit.

Employees are expensive. The fewer employees, the lower the expenses, the lower the prices (to remain competitive).

Dollar stores, Walmart, and Amazon kill small businesses because small companies cannot compete on price. In fact, it is in Amazon's best interest to take a lost. It's a tax write off. And this means lowering prices even more.

So to remain competitive, other companies have to find creative ways to lower expenses. Like cutting full time employees and replacing them with temps, part time and contractors. Also automating more lowers expenses.

(making up numbers here) Let's say for example, you own a house cleaning business in X city. You charge $5 per sq. ft. Now Amazon just started doing home cleaning services in your area and they can charge $.50 per sq. ft. plus the customer gets Prime with free shipping and movies and tv shows, and a free Amazon fire tablet. Can you compete?

Yeah......nobody is disputing any of that , you're arguing with yourself.

He's saying that its a race to bottom where we all lose. What happens to a consumer / service based economy when everyone is un or underemployed , when discretionary income dries up?

Back