Conor mcgregor grappling workout (2013)

You're really just showing that you don't want to credit him with anything, rather than that he actually has as bad of a ground game as you want to paint him as having.

You're right I'm not going to credit him. Not because i dislike him, which I do, but more so it's undeserving

True

That was definitely some real blackbelt level shit on Nate's part though.

Nate turned a TD attempt into a guillotine, turned the guillotine escape into full mount, and then punch Conor’s head back to create enough room to sink in a RNC.

This is a display of why Nate is a 2nd degree black belt and has the most subs in LW history. Not of Conor having a bad ground game.

I still think Conor's ground game is underrated. It failed him only once and that one time he was rocked on the feet just before. People out here acting like he's a fish out of water.
Some of it is warranted..I mean he was getting smashed from full guard by mendes...that's not supposed to happen, escpecially against a shorter guy who can barely even reach your face from there

I didn’t get much out of that, they were going so light and pretty slow. Would’ve been better with more rolling, too. A lot of it was just standing and playing grab-ass

<NewGina>

Don't you mean "touch butt"?

am I the only one who was just looking at his penis? I hope Im not gay now.

Oh fuck, he also was submitted 8 years ago! By god, my mistake that's so much more relevant than being submitted 10 years ago!

Are they losing to superior strikers while displaying good striking in general, or are they being knocked out by people while displaying no displays of good technique?
7.5 years ago actually. It was November 2010, almost 2011. Do you want to just make out like 2.5 years is nothing ? It’s all irrelevant anyway as he was actually submitted just three fights ago in his MMA career

There hasn’t been a whole lot of grappling in Conor’s fights, so he gets a grade of “incomplete” from me. My best guess is that he isn’t terrible or great, but fairly average.

I can’t discern much from this video, as looks like a light workout for a media visit. Since it was 2013, maybe it’s just before his first UFC fight?

I still think Conor's ground game is underrated. It failed him only once and that one time he was rocked on the feet just before. People out here acting like he's a fish out of water.
Once? You mean in all three of his losses.. As it failed him vs an undefeated boxer prior to the UFC, and vs a guy who fought at 125lbs.. it also was failing him vs Mendes prior to Mendes fatiguing and the ref stopping the fight early imo.

NCAA Connor is very real. Look what he did to Max Holloway.

I didn’t get much out of that, they were going so light and pretty slow. Would’ve been better with more rolling, too. A lot of it was just standing and playing grab-ass
Touch butt*

I personally don't like this training method. It seems too slow and offers no real resistance from either side. It just looks like it'd build bad habits. Maybe it works for him. He probably trains like that to protect his knees from getting tweaked in scrambles(unless this was before he fucked them up).

I tend to do a lot of rolling and situation drills at 70% resitance. I never saw the benifits of super slow light spars
That's personal preference though and only one of you two has held UFC belts, so something works for him lol

That's personal preference though and only one of you two has held UFC belts, so something works for him lol
In my defense I haven't tried and ge didn't get those belts with his grappling

Back