Condit Posts About His Loss

The Professional

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
damn, this breaks my heart. what a warrior. takes his loss like a man. says he doesn't know what's next for him but he still feels the desire to compete, even though he knows his time at the top is over.

what do yall think? Is it Condit's time to retire? should he stay in the game for "fun fights," knowing that he probably won't be a title contender?

Always loved the guy but yeah, his time has passed. I didnt see the fight tho and heard that the ending was strange. If thats the case then I wouldnt base the decision on this last one. But yeah not sure he will ever contend again either way.

Pure.

Condit has been nothing short of an amazing competitor with absolute class. Win or lose, this man has my respect. Best of luck to him where ever his path takes him!

It’s hard watching your all time favorite be humbled.

I wish him well no matter what he decides.

damn, this breaks my heart. what a warrior. takes his loss like a man. says he doesn't know what's next for him but he still feels the desire to compete, even though he knows his time at the top is over.

what do yall think? Is it Condit's time to retire? should he stay in the game for "fun fights," knowing that he probably won't be a title contender?

I can't say I feel that bad for the guy. He's definetly a warrior. He's had his time at the top. Most people can't say they've ever stepped foot in a cage. He's done it with the best......In that regard, I still envy him. Much respect to the guy tho, because he took it like a man.

A fighter loses in every fight but they don't seem to take it with as much class as Condit appears to have done.
If that's was his last fight, at least he didn't piss his shorts on live TV.

Always a fan sucked seeing him lose like that. All the wars catching up to him

But still war condit!!

I actually thought Condit was looking great up until the finish. A lot better than his previous fight. If he wanted, I’m sure there’s still loads of fun fights for him, many of which he could win

Last edited:
Always loved the guy but yeah, his time has passed. I didnt see the fight tho and heard that the ending was strange. If thats the case then I wouldnt base the decision on this last one. But yeah not sure he will ever contend again either way.
ending wasn't strange - condit got caught in a guillotine and tapped.
there was some debate as to whether he was out during the choke as oliveira had it sunk in for a while before condit tapped. either condit was waiting for oliveira to burn his arms out or he was out and came back to. judging from the post he was probably going out the moment he tapped
anyway, condit was aggressive as always, but was again susceptible to the takedowns. definitely better than his last outing

Damn fair play to him. Glad he's not deluded (Unlike his stable mate Diego). I guess the Matt Brown fight is still on in play.

Last edited:
A fighter loses in every fight but they don't seem to take it with as much class as Condit appears to have done.
If that's was his last fight, at least he didn't piss his shorts on live TV.
how many fighters in a loss will post a pic of them with captions like "crumpled and weak in defeat...hoping i didn't piss my pants on live TV..."
crazy how humble the dude is. takes a long career to get to that point. much respect.

It takes a real man and a devoted fighter not to give up fighting when you know you won't achieve anything noticable now that your best days are behind you. I never understood people saying someone must retire when they start losing and not on top anymore. For some of the fighters, real warriors, like Condit and Gaethje, a battle is the way of life. And real warriors always die in battles - or leave a very important part of themselves there.

I hope that one day people will realize that only fighters like these are the true spirit of this senseless and entertaining sport.

He's been talking retirement for a couple years now, its no sport to be one foot in, one out.

Back