Dustins chances against Conor in a rematch?

Do people even remember their fight?

Looked like a pro fighting an amateur, three minutes of talking and throwing spinning shit, Poirier going down from a grazing punch.

Id be pulling for Dustin but at end of day, Conor connects with that left and I see Poirier hitting canvas floor again but I also see a more competitive fight.Poirier is ,actually, extremely marketable---- maybe he continues to evolve and who knows.Without compromising his fight style, he needs to protect that chin and who knows?

His last MMA fight was in 2016 & he has said sweet fuck all about upcoming fights , just having an extended break then ?
Have you not been paying attention?

His last MMA fight was 16 months ago, in that period he took a few months off after winning the title(like most champs) had a child and fought in the biggest boxing match in history.

All signs were pointing to a return in September although that is clearly up in the air now.

Depends if he can avoid a grazing shot to the back of the head this time.

He was shook from Justin’s punches. Lucky that Justin tied him up instead of pushing for the ko

Conor is the only fight to make, anything else from each man's perspective is poor form.

Surely you would admit that Dustin is the easiest stylistic choice for Khabib.

Not saying Dustin ain't a legit contender I'm a fan and would like to see him get a shot, but for Khabib's team to reach and and say we want you reeks of cherry picking.

Careful what you wish for.
I am not convinced Conor actually wants that fight.

And with the legal issues he is facing he might not be eligible for this year.

And if Conor can be picky or sit out so can Khabib. Not that I like it. But Conor is the last one I would feel sorry for not getting the shot.

Poirier is very good, but Conor is all wrong for him. Conor KO rd 2.

I think Conor might take it again but I don't think it will finish in the 1st round, Dustin has mature and I don't think he will go emotionally this time, I think he will do better but Conor will likely finish him again

Dustin has far less chance of beating Khabib than Conor, that's the easiest fight Khabib could ask for....

And he did.

#1 bullshit
Yeah man he should pick from all the other healthy, willing, and deserving top 5ers like...uuuh...ya know...that one guy.

I am not convinced Conor actually wants that fight.

And with the legal issues he is facing he might not be eligible for this year.

And if Conor can be picky or sit out so can Khabib. Not that I like it. But Conor is the last one I would feel sorry for not getting the shot.
I don't care so much to be honest, and I doubt Conor cares about the belt very much.

I just think Mr #1 bullshit Khabib not looking to fight the guy he has a personal issue with who is also the lineal champ and calling out GSP and now Porier is a bit rich coming from a guy who talked so much about how Conor behaved as champ.

If he fights the way he did vs. Justin...Conor lights him up again. It would be like Conor-Alvarez. If he wrestles Conor and make him work the clinch...who knows what's going to happen.

I'd be impressed if Poirier made it out of the first against Mcgregor. Good but not great striker, good but not great wrestler. He's always going to struggle against elite wrestlers and elite strikers.

I don't care so much to be honest, and I doubt Conor cares about the belt very much.

I just think Mr #1 bullshit Khabib not looking to fight the guy he has a personal issue with who is also the lineal champ and calling out GSP and now Porier is a bit rich coming from a guy who talked so much about how Conor behaved as champ.
He said before the fight that he would want to make Conor wait. For that exact reason. I doubt he sees a personal issue and I doubt he cares about what Conor did. He did his fair share of calling Conor out without success. I doubt that he cares anymore because he has what he wanted now and that is the belt.

I would love to see that fight but I have my doubts that we will get to see it. For several reasons.

He said before the fight that he would want to make Conor wait. For that exact reason. I doubt he sees a personal issue and I doubt he cares about what Conor did. He did his fair share of calling Conor out without success. I doubt that he cares anymore because he has what he wanted now and that is the belt.

I would love to see that fight but I have my doubts that we will get to see it. For several reasons.
I disagree with this, people act like Conor avoided Khabib, but it's a myth, Khabib has never been in contention to fight Conor until now.

It's Tony that was the #1 contender when Conor opted to fight Floyd, after winning the belt against Eddie.

I thought Dustin was doing quite well in the exchanges in the first fight until he got caught behind the ear from a weird angle which messed up his equilibrium.

Not saying it was a fluke, Conor landed a beautiful straight left seconds prior and was gaining momentum.. But still a decently competitive fight until that weird shot landed.

Enough to get me interested in a rematch, at least

I thought Dustin was doing quite well in the exchanges in the first fight until he got caught behind the ear from a weird angle which messed up his equilibrium.

Not saying it was a fluke, Conor landed a beautiful straight left seconds prior and was gaining momentum.. But still a decently competitive fight until that weird shot landed.

Enough to get me interested in a rematch, at least

Lol what? Conor was talking shit the whole time. Barely even broke a sweat.

Back