Fighter mannerisms that bug you

Karnage187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For some reason I was thinking about Ben Henderson and how he used to mess with his hair all the time in the middle of a fight. It bugged me.

What are some other things fighters do in the octagon that bug you?

Jon jones compulsively eye poking whenever anyone starts to land on him

Similarly I hated how Guida’s hair was all over the place when he’s wildly swinging hooks. It looked more gross than anything

Conor's Coke Twitch
EarnestKeyBufeo.gif

Last edited:
Over celebrating
You've been training for this. Why you surprised?

I couldn't find a proper gif of bendo primping his hair but I did find that someone counted him doing it over 60 times vs Melendez. Outstanding.

GSP and Keith Jardine both use to tweak their nipples. That creeped me out.

For some reason I was thinking about Ben Henderson and how he used to mess with his hair all the time in the middle of a fight. It bugged me.

The toothpick thing was kind of eh too

Benson was the first that came to mind. The hair and the toothpick.

Brandon moreno "movements" in the pettis fight threw me off big time. He looked so stupid, i started rooting for sergio ffs.

Usually when some guys would run their fingers through their hair to comb it mid-fight. It's just like dude, you've got more things to worry about than your hair looking bad on TV.

Usually when some guys would run their fingers through their hair to comb it mid-fight. It's just like dude, you've got more things to worry about than your hair looking bad on TV.
i think its more of a tick... or possibly getting it out the way... i cant imagine its cause they want to look good for tv

Ben Henderson's hair and Joe Stevenson's ridiculous noises he made when he threw punches

i think its more of a tick... or possibly getting it out the way... i cant imagine its cause they want to look good for tv
Most of the guys I've seen doing it are the ones that have short hair.

It particularly stood out to me during the Garbrandt/Almeida fight. I do agree in that it's most likely a tick, but it still grinds my gears :D

Right before they walk in the cage, when the official is trying to apply the vaseline to their face but the fighter is so pumped up and can't keep still for 2 seconds and is dancing and bobbing his head to the entrance music.

Right before they walk in the cage, when the official is trying to apply the vaseline to their face but the fighter is so pumped up and can't keep still for 2 seconds and is dancing and bobbing his head to the entrance music.

Fucking Guida!

At first it bothered me, but now it's hard not to just laugh and enjoy.

Back