Tyler Manawaroa, why isn't he fighting anymore?

He made fun of a certain group and is miw banned from the world for life.

Dude had a lot of talent and was tough as nails, shame that Instagram post cost him.

Because of white privilege.

No seriously. Calling a 19 year old australian aboriginal kid racist for using the word ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:' is white privilege.
Yeah. The whole thing did not make any sense. He is a minority & his intentions were not hateful.

He seemed pretty lazy, I imagine not getting into the UFC put him off

Fighter with huge potential gets banned from ufc over stupid post when he was 16 but Conor gets to run around freely attacking fighters, officials pretty much doing what he wants.

Makes sense.

The level of petty from Kajan to go back years in someone's IG and then link it directly to Dana. Seriously, what a fkn POS. Fuck that guy!! Couldn't just bring it up directly to Tyler, fkn drama queen.

That whole thing pissed me off, robbed the kid of his chance at a good career.

Tyler was an extremely naive guy at 19, can only imagine how green he was at 16 when he actually made that

The level of petty from Kajan to go back years in someone's IG and then link it directly to Dana. Seriously

You have to question the competence of the production crew though, it's what they should have done before signing the guy to the show in the first place. They should have found it and got him to delete it or use it as a reason not to have him on at all. Checking 16 peoples social media accounts to find anything problematic is going to take a UFC intern a day at most.

Saul Rogers is mentioned here, he couldn't get a visa for the TUF final because he lied on the visa application for the initial visa he got to fight on the show (failing to mention a criminal conviction). I'm pretty sure that means at least a 5 year ban from trying to enter the US so I guess there wasn't much point in the UFC signing him + he screwed up a TUF final and that didn't work out too well for JT Money either.

Maybe Saul comes back in a future show but doesn't blow it for a 2nd time like Jessie Taylor did, who knows.

lol the routine Tyler Manawaroa bump. Why are people acting like he was some kind of prodigy? He must not have had his heart in fighting if he just quit the game after getting cut from the UFC.

He's not the first fighter to get cut from TUF, but most guy's dust themselves off and find another org.
Manawaroa is actually listed among PFL fighters on their wiki page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_PFL_fighters
Took long enough :)

Last edited:
What a fucking waste of talent <{hughesimpress}>

Saul is still fighting, at last as of October. Tyler hadn't fought since TUF, at least according to fight finder.

Saul fights for Bellator now

lol the routine Tyler Manawaroa bump why are people acting liek he was some kind of prodigy? He must not have had his heart in fighting if he just quit the game after gettign cut from the UFC.

He's not the first fighter to get cut from TUF, but most guy's dust themselves off and find another org.

Took long enough :)

I don't know the situation, but I suspect he just had trouble getting a matchup.

Frequently happens when someone is basically a UFC level fighter and still in a small regional league, Tyler isn't going to fight a scrub for $500 in all likelihood it's an easy win and does nothing to further his career, plus there is the risk of being lucky punched.

And top-level regional fighters will often avoid a tough fight like Tyler that to keep a fight streak/undefeated record intact.

Back