Original Night Stalker/East area rapist discussion

The DNA site might not even know it is a criminals DNA. The police can submit it under a false name.
Yeah sort of an unavoidable situation for now.

I dont see a problem with criminals going down this way, but in the future as DNA and genetic technology advances, a person's DNA profile can become a matter of personal privacy and security.

Obtaining this info in a roundabout way could become a matter of public concern.

Yeah sort of an unavoidable situation for now.

I dont see a problem with criminals going down this way, but in the future as DNA and genetic technology advances, a person's DNA profile can become a matter of personal privacy and security.

Obtaining this info in a roundabout way could become a matter of public concern.

interesting this is finally being brought up. the orwellian potential

at the original press conference regarding the arrest, someone brought up a proposition in california that went through that collected dna from felons. they attributed this with potentially catching gsk. the same guy was trying to convince the public of a new proposition that seemed to be in reference to dna gathering.

potentially scary stuff

Unfortunately 15% of the population has that gene.
They found out not to long ago that many people can alternate between secreting and not secreting too so might have eliminated him falsely at some point too

Repulsed. I digged deep the other day, read somethings about other SKs too. I find the topic fascinating but it's definitely not something I can read for hours without feeling weird afterwards.

Same here. I pretty much have to have a self imposed rule to stay away from this stuff once I'm 3 hours or less away from going to sleep. It keeps me up at night the farther I go down the rabbit hole. I follow this case (and other unresolved murders/Mysteries/disappearances) in small doses.

I think that's part of the reason why this story isn't getting so much coverage. The crimes he committed are just too gruesome to talk about.

Last edited:
Followed this case for years, never thought he'd actually be caught to be honest.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attacks.php

This site is awesome if anyone wants in depth information and a timeline on any of the events that surfaced. In his third attack, the guy actually walked down the street casually and naked from the waist down after a botched attack. Spooky stuff.

I wonder if he has committed any more violent crimes later in life with a different memo or if family life occupies all his time and energy!

They found out not to long ago that many people can alternate between secreting and not secreting too so might have eliminated him falsely at some point too

Damn. Science be difficult.

Did this disappeared? I can’t sees it

Hmmm. You're not seeing this? Still comes up for me.

edit: When I copy the link sherdog edits the link to a formated reddit media link. I wonder if that is what is messing it up for you?

GEDmatch was a 4th cousin of DeAngelo :eek:

So someone had to build out a rather large family tree to find DeAngelo. Looks like crime investigation of the future may require more geneologists.

Hmmm. You're not seeing this? Still comes up for me.

edit: When I copy the link sherdog edits the link to a formated reddit media link. I wonder if that is what is messing it up for you?

think it was just my phone- I've got tons of adblockers on every device mostly to keep them from getting AIDS on here.

interesting this is finally being brought up. the orwellian potential

at the original press conference regarding the arrest, someone brought up a proposition in california that went through that collected dna from felons. they attributed this with potentially catching gsk. the same guy was trying to convince the public of a new proposition that seemed to be in reference to dna gathering.

potentially scary stuff

Only scary for criminals. There was a case of a child murder in the 1980s in Britain where the police asked the townspeople to submit DNA. The innocent provided samples. One man was reluctant but eventually got another man to claim to be him. Why anybody would do that is beyond my comprehension.

With no further leads, the Leicestershire Constabulary and the Forensic Science Service teamed up to conduct a project in which 5000 local men were asked to give a blood or saliva sample for DNA testing for comparison with the suspect’s DNA profile. Thousands of samples and six months later, no match had been found. However a break in the case was yet to come, when local man Ian Kelly was overheard in a bar bragging about being paid £200 to give a DNA sample for one of his friends. That friend was local baker Colin Pitchfork.
http://aboutforensics.co.uk/colin-pitchfork/

GEDmatch was a 4th cousin of DeAngelo :eek:

So someone had to build out a rather large family tree to find DeAngelo. Looks like crime investigation of the future may require more geneologists.
Can you imagine how they felt when they finally got to his name?

- Age? Check.
- Living in the area back then? Check.

Holy shit.

I would like to see a medieval punishment on this guy.

He should be whipped or stoned in the street, a lethal injection isn’t enough.
No, let his victims get him. Secure him every night, so when he sleeps he is restrained. Let his victims come in when ever they want. They can mess with him at first, like waking him up, pouring water on hit, slapping him a bit. Slowly up the intensity, and dial it back down, to really F with him. Like wake him up will a billy club in his mouth, and then act like you're going to savagely beat him, and then roll out. Don't let him sleep without fear.

Can you imagine how they felt when they finally got to his name?

- Age? Check.
- Living in the area back then? Check.

Holy shit.

I think I read that they narrowed it down to 4 family members and then needed his DNA. So until they scooped up his garbage, they couldn't know for sure.

4th cousin is really fucking distant. I'm amazed they could put together that family tree. I'm very glad they did, of course.

Back