Anyone else have all their old friends become SJW?

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I haven't been on facebook in years and I made the mistake of going on there for the first time in forever and it made me realize why I don't keep in touch with most of my older friends. All of them are left wing nutjobs. Every single post is complaining about how racist trump is, how terrible America is, how the rape culture and gun culture is out of control. These were all kids that did really well in my school and I know they have brains. That makes it even more confusing. How do smart kids end up like this?

Herd mentality will do that.

herd-mentality.jpg

I moved away from a small town in Wyoming all my friends from there are right wing nutjobs and I don't do Facebook so I don'thave to listen to their bigotry. Lol

What's an SJW???

Someone who just likes to complain about all the injustice in the country. Often freaking out about things that aren't even a big deal. Most of the shit is literally first world problems. I think it should be a requirement for these idiots to travel to a third world country like India. Then maybe they'll start thinking about real problems.

I have over 800 people on there, mostly just old classmates/coworkers/teammates I don't interact with much, but I see little SJW bullshit much, if at all. I've blocked/stopped following a few because of constant Facebook game requests, and annoying political/conspiracy posts, but for the most part they're just posting the usual facebook stuff (vacation, restaurant, babies, family etc...)

I read about tons of SJW garbage though, and see it infiltrating so many mediums, but it's not in my circle thankfully. It's probably an age thing though, the ever offended/politically cancers tend to be high school/Uni kids.

Last edited:
Someone who just likes to complain about all the injustice in the country. Often freaking out about things that aren't even a big deal. Most of the shit is literally first world problems. I think it should be a requirement for these idiots to travel to a third world country like India. Then maybe they'll start thinking about real problems.

That's so dumb. You can complain about the injustices you see in your own country and still have perspective of how good it is overall.

That's so dumb. You can complain about the injustices you see in your own country and still have perspective of how good it is overall.

Sure of course but then why spend so much time crying about gender equality when clearly USA has it pretty good. Why not raise awareness for gender equality in the middle east? My theory is most guys just hope they can get laid by fighting for women rights

I have a bit of that, and it's oddly many of my old college friends from 3rd world countries. The Bolivians post shit from occupy democrats a lot but the Eastern Europeans who grew up with communism are really against leftism.

I have one particularly annoying friend who was always posting memes about how the term "eskimo" is racist, "spirit animal" is cultural appropriation, etc. Most of my friends are CT libertarians who burned themselves out in high school and now believe everything they see on WorldTruthNewsDaily or whatever. Some are still great to talk to for an hour if you have a drink and avoid almost any vaguely political subject. It's hard having a political science degree and having to smile and nod through some of it.

Yea i see that shit. I just giggle. Theyre free to think what they like. I dont comment on anything on fb because im a Canadian conservative by most metrics. I dont feel like being called a nazi or bigot by disagree with them.

I haven't been on facebook in years and I made the mistake of going on there for the first time in forever and it made me realize why I don't keep in touch with most of my older friends. All of them are left wing nutjobs. Every single post is complaining about how racist trump is, how terrible America is, how the rape culture and gun culture is out of control. These were all kids that did really well in my school and I know they have brains. That makes it even more confusing. How do smart kids end up like this?

I have friends who are SJW on both sides, the left wing guys whine about Trump and how racist and mean he his and the right wing guys cry about how unfair it is being white in America now. It's pretty hilarious actually.

I have friends who are SJW on both sides, the left wing guys whine about Trump and how racist and mean he his and the right wing guys cry about how unfair it is being white in America now. It's pretty hilarious actually.
Well if SJWs/leftists/progressives didn't exist you wouldn't have white males complaining about them.

0eNv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Most of my old friends went the other way. But I grew up in a military town, so it is not shocking that kids of hardcore republicans would grow up that way themselves.

Well if SJWs/leftists/progressives didn't exist you wouldn't have white males complaining about them.

0eNv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Oh geeze if only "they" didn't exist, I'd be so much happier.... LOL

Those right wing guys are up there for the biggest pussies of them all, I only keep them as facebook friends for the Lulz!!

Oh geeze if only "they" didn't exist, I'd be so much happier.... LOL

Those right wing guys are up there for the biggest pussies of them all, I only keep them as facebook friends for the Lulz!!

Those "right wing" guys just see something very wrong happening in society. They're most definitely not pussies.

Back