COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as that big of a deal. The first episode has almost 24 million views, so it's not like people aren't getting a chance to check it out.

And if they like it enough to continue, the YouTube Red trial is easy to sign up for and it's 30 days, so that's more than enough time to finish the show.

I watched it on some stream online lol

its dam good, it shocked me great writing too and complex character development no gimmicks either.

My thing is youtube red is not as popular as netflix plus I want the actors to make good money, not sure if youtube red would be able to get them the house of cards or stranger things money.

I hate that we have to wait so long to watch season 2.

I watched it on some stream online lol

its dam good, it shocked me great writing too and complex character development no gimmicks either.

My thing is youtube red is not as popular as netflix plus I want the actors to make good money, not sure if youtube red would be able to get them the house of cards or stranger things money.

I hate that we have to wait so long to watch season 2.

I have a suspicion that YouTube Red wasn't the first network/streaming service that was offered the project, but I have nothing at all to back that up with so who knows.

I would be surprised if the producers didn't first approach Netflix and Amazon.

I have a suspicion that YouTube Red wasn't the first network/streaming service that was offered the project, but I have nothing at all to back that up with so who knows.

I would be surprised if the producers didn't first approach Netflix and Amazon.

YouTube reports that the first episode, which was posted for free with episode 2, earned 5.4 million views within the first 24 hours, compared to 3.2 million views in April 2018 for Netflix’s Lost in Space on its first day of release

I think Youtube is more accessible than Netflix

Plus you can have a free couple episodes to get people hooked

I poo poo'd Youtube Red at first but its alright

I've watched a few more episodes and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Some minor spoilers coming........ Danny boy is still a giant crybaby. Also, that was a nice touch they did when Daniel when and visited Mr. Myagi's grave. Finally, I hope to see some other characters from the past in future seasons.

YouTube reports that the first episode, which was posted for free with episode 2, earned 5.4 million views within the first 24 hours, compared to 3.2 million views in April 2018 for Netflix’s Lost in Space on its first day of release.

I think Youtube is more accessible than Netflix

Plus you can have a few couple episodes to get people hooked

I would be interested in how they got those numbers for Netflix, because Netflix does not usually release their viewership numbers. In fact, they guard those numbers pretty closely.

I also am curious about exactly how many people actually signed up for YT Red after watching the first to eps.

I poo poo'd Youtube Red at first but its alright

Have you found even one thing on there that's worth a shit other than Cobra Kai?

Finally, I hope to see some other characters from the past in future seasons.

Something tells me you will see at least one character return for future seasons.

And there are rumors that more than one will be coming back. If the rumors are true, the motherfucker's gonna look like a family reunion before it's all over with.

I would be interested in how they got those numbers for Netflix, because Netflix does not usually release their viewership numbers. In fact, they guard those numbers pretty closely.

From this random article
YouTube made the first two episodes available free for non-subscribers midday on Wednesday, and YouTube reported to Decider that the first episode clocked 5.4 million views within the first 24 hours. That’s nearly double the reported 3.2 million Day 1 views last month for Netflix’s Lost in Space, which Nielsen said was Netflix’s most-watched show in its first week in release after Season 2 of Stranger Things.

https://decider.com/2018/05/03/cobra-kai-5-4-million-views/

Have you found even one thing on there that's worth a shit other than Cobra Kai?

I haven't even looked

But if Youtube Red is getting better 24 hour ratings than Netflix shows than Its hard to deny the reach of it

Something tells me you will see at least one character return for future seasons.

And there are rumors that more than one will be coming back. If the rumors are true, the motherfucker's gonna look like a family reunion before it's all over with.

Fanservice overload

I am not on board with those rumors

But if Youtube Red is getting better 24 hour ratings than Netflix shows than Its hard to deny the reach of it

Well that's YouTube doing better numbers on episodes they have offered for free. The real test would be how well the episodes are doing that are only for YT Red subscribers.

I've watched a few more episodes and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Some minor spoilers coming........ Danny boy is still a giant crybaby. Also, that was a nice touch they did when Daniel when and visited Mr. Myagi's grave. Finally, I hope to see some other characters from the past in future seasons.
That scene gutted me hard I couldn't watch it man I dont know why that nostalgia is something I cant stomach, its why I avoid close relationships as well I dont like that empty feeling you get when you no longer speak to someone and remember the good times.

It was def a good scene but I try to avoid watching sad stuff like that.

Well that's YouTube doing better numbers on episodes they have offered for free. The real test would be how well the episodes are doing that are only for YT Red subscribers.

Yeah true

Well I guess its pretty good since they announced season 2 pretty quickly

I'm iffy on it as well.

It will definitely change the tenor of the show. Make it feel less grounded in reality and more soap opera-ish, I think.

I can see a purpose for Ali if she comes back to talk to Johnny since he seems to have unresolved issues with that but she really has nothing to discuss with Daniel.

Silver and Barnes though are completely unnecessary since they don't fit in the story at all

Since Will Smith and James Lassiter are the main producers of Cobra Kai and they also produced the remake in 2010 Im wondering if his Son will be added tot he series since he starred in the remake with Jackie Chan, that would be dope if Jackie Chan gets added to the show with Will smiths son, but wills son is too cool for a show like this now, he is on that weirdo look at me im an eccentric thing.

I can see a purpose for Ali if she comes back to talk to Johnny since he seems to have unresolved issues with that but she really has nothing to discuss with Daniel.

Silver and Barnes though are completely unnecessary since they don't fit in the story at all

They all fit, if the writers can make them fit and connect them, Silver is friends with Creese and Barnes was his protege and they are part of Cobra Kai, in fact Silver is the founder of Cobra Kai I believe.

original.jpg

Silver might already be the father of miguel that is what people are hinting at.

Silver might already be the father of miguel that is what people are hinting at.

I heard that before and I don't buy it. That would be way too convenient, imo. And I think the writers can come up with a better way to bring Silver back then by making him Miguel's dad. Now bringing back Barnes will be more of a challenge. Barnes wasn't really Silver's protege, he's just a random karate champ that Silver hired to take Daniel down. And since Barnes lost the tournament....well, remember how Kreese tried to choke out Johnny after he lost the tournament? Ya gotta wonder how Silver AND Kreese would've reacted to Barnes losing. If I had to guess, they probably parted ways, at the very least.

I think it'd be smarter, in Barnes' case, to have Daniel and Johnny somehow make it into martial arts magazines, or websites, and have Barnes see that. Then Barnes comes back on his own free will to avenge his loss to Daniel. That would make more sense than having Barnes and Silver/Kreese still being in contact with each other.

But idk I'm just spit balling here. These writers are good, they'll come up with something.

Hey! I just thought of a good way to bring Barnes back!

Remember in Karate Kid 3, Barnes had a deal with Silver to get part ownership in the Cobra Kai dojos. And now Johnny has opened a "Cobra Kai" dojo, using that Cobra Kai name. IF Barnes signed that deal with Silver for part ownership of Cobra Kai dojos, and Johnny has now opened a Cobra Kai dojo (and it's doing good business) then Barnes might technically have a legal case for part ownership of Johnny's dojo! Barnes could see something on a martial arts website about Cobra Kai, look into it, realize it's making money, and decide he legally has a right to some of that money. BOOM :eek: Enter Mike Barnes having a showdown with Johnny Lawrence over money from the dojo!

I should totally be a Hollywood writer! :D

Last edited:
Since Will Smith and James Lassiter are the main producers of Cobra Kai and they also produced the remake in 2010 Im wondering if his Son will be added tot he series since he starred in the remake with Jackie Chan, that would be dope if Jackie Chan gets added to the show with Will smiths son, but wills son is too cool for a show like this now, he is on that weirdo look at me im an eccentric thing.
God I hope no Jayden Smith.

I don't understand why Ali would come back 20 years later to fuck around with some dude she was involved with for a little while in high school, especially considering that now she's married and has a serious career. It just seems like any storyline that would put them in a room together would be contrived.

As for Silver and Barnes, I agree they have no direct connection to Johnny. But Silver is like Kreese's best friend, and Barnes was connected to Silver and has prior history with Daniel.

I'm not sure how much actual sense it makes to bring ANY of these guys back, but I think Silver and Barnes (especially Silver) make more sense to me than Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back