Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

Lol "basic psychology"
OK, Freud.

She was done. You could see it in her face and body language ,and by her literally saying "I'M DONE"
No fighter wants to quit in a title match, they don't want to lose, and they don't want to let their team down, but every person can only take so much.

"Tons of videos online..." Thanks for your analysis, doc
<36>

Watch the hole clip ur on the outside looking in a relationship between a coach and there fighter..no1 understand that bond like them.. This might have been an on going issue for them during camp or who knows..but u cant just fold when ur fighter needs u

The regret and what if’s from the future could really eat away at her. Knowing that she still had a chance to ko Amanda, no matter how slim.

She could have countered him by saying “No! Fuck all that, I said, I’m DONE”

No matter how stupid, it was extremely brave of her to go back in the 5th knowing that she had nothing left. That takes courage and I can’t shit on her for that
countered??? When a fighter gives the signal that they are done, a corner that really cares, jumps on the sword so they don't have to. They have to be willing to take the blame. She was looking for a way out. You want her to give up all pride and demand it? She knew her body and was done. It's the same as when a fighter gives up their back or neck knowing what will happen. The corner has no class.

images
I thought her coach looked familiar nice to see mario found a way into the ufc again. <45>

Would this affect their ability to be licensed as cornermen in the future? Because it seriously should. Their fighter said she was done and they sent her out to be destroyed in the final round. Can you imagine if a ref let a fighter continue that said he/she was finished? And then they got brutally TKO'd?
No, although if the ref or a ringside physician or some other official had heard that, the fight would have been called right then and there. But the commission won't even look at this. It's just something that the UFC mics/cameras picked up and the commentary team discussed it and the fans will debate it, but that's about it.

Do refs lose their license for letting fight go wayyy tooo long??? No is your answer

Not for letting fighters get beat down well after they should have, but I don't think I've ever seen a fighter straight up say that they don't want any more and the ref lets them continue.

"I wanna be done"

Maybe go back to making sandwiches and taking naked selfies and leave cage fighting to men
Like you'd ever even have the balls to do what she does, lmao...

Some insecure motherfuckers on these boards.

That's tough, because had they have thrown in the towel, there would be critism, it really is a no win for anyone on that side
Uh, nobody would criticize them for calling the fight after their fighter said she was done. The only time they would be criticized is if the fighter wanted to continue and they overruled the fighter. But even then, a lot of people would commend them for looking out for their fighter even when their fighter is too tough for their own good.

I encourage everyone to read between the lines and understand we can not possibly understand the relationship between her and her coaches.. They know her best

She chose to say i want to be done..why not just say i quit or im done..shes looking for encouragement a reason to contuine..her coaches talk her through it and try and refocus her..she had a real tough fight coming of a lay off ofcourse theres some mental bugs there..

I dont see much of problem here..if she came out of and pulled of the 5th round sub like tate did..no1 would be saying shit but how great it was or maybe even praising the corner for her win..stop making something out of nothing
The problem is that she told her corner she was done.

Tate didn't do that.

Yes, I agree with you and you are correct

But I can also see the other side’s argument. This wasn’t a prelim fight, this was a title shot and for the large majority of fighters, you only get one. Rocky will most likely never get another shot.

Having the regrets of what if I did this? Or what if I did that? What if I went out there in the 5th? That shit could mentally eat you up and fuck with you.

If this was any fight other than a title fight then 100% the towel should have been thrown

Rocky has a 9-6 record and not particularly marketable, this was her last shot and I understand her corner wanting her to milk the opportunity for all it’s worth.

Like I said, I understand both sides but ultimately it was her decision. She came out in the 5th swinging for the fences with nothing left. That takes a lot of bravery and courage

you keep talking about regrets. what if she ended up with permanent damage that made the rest of her life a fucking nightmare, a living hell of pain and confusion.

this is a sport. this does not validate your existence. this is just a minor stage in her life.

do you think Ali had regrets about letting George Foreman beat on him for 7 rounds as he sat at home, unable to move or speak?

a coach is supposed to think in 3 dimensions, analyze before, during, and after a fighter's career. he's supposed to be wise and most of all, loving towards his fighter. that's why they have the authority to throw the towel.

ggg-kell-brook-towel.jpg

here is Kell Brook's corner throwing the towel in the 5th round of a 12 round fight because Kell's eye was shutting up and he was taking damage.

these assholes tonight were not wise caretakers, they were 'just bleed' bouncers telling a fighter to 'push through' and 'recover after'. motherfucker recover after what? did you not see 20 minutes of that fight?

I heard 1 im done that turned into a i want to be done in a few seconds..then theres the no no no with a yes from her..then it cuts away..it comes back with her saying i can see everything shes throwing Nd her coaches agree and begin telling her to relax and change her mindset..basically telling her and reassuring her your alright, u can see her attacks coming, push threw it yout still in this type deal and go for broke..it raquel wanted out she could of resaid it here or nust refuse to come back out..simple as that..just wave the ref in herself..

It doesn't matter what you heard; she said "I'm done. I'm done. I wanna be done." Coach says "No," she says "Yes."

She's in the middle of a fight and can't think straight; her nose is broke, and she said 4 times to her coach she wanted to quit. First you said if she wanted to quit she should have just said "I'm done," which she did, twice.

Very brave of her to admit she was done and had nothing left to offer. Not sure if it was bravery or poor cornering that sent her into the 5th. Either way...
giphy.gif

"I wanna be done"

Maybe go back to making sandwiches and taking naked selfies and leave cage fighting to men

Wow dude you are so cool and edgy. How much Cheeto dust is on those keys after you typed this fat boy?

I heard 1 im done that turned into a i want to be done in a few seconds..then theres the no no no with a yes from her..then it cuts away..it comes back with her saying i can see everything shes throwing Nd her coaches agree and begin telling her to relax and change her mindset..basically telling her and reassuring her your alright, u can see her attacks coming, push threw it yout still in this type deal and go for broke..it raquel wanted out she could of resaid it here or nust refuse to come back out..simple as that..just wave the ref in herself..
She didn't say that, her coaches told her that.

Watch the hole clip ur on the outside looking in a relationship between a coach and there fighter..no1 understand that bond like them.. This might have been an on going issue for them during camp or who knows..but u cant just fold when ur fighter needs u
I have fought and coached in boxing.
I know a bit about this.
Coaches do not always get it right, there are plenty of examples you can find of coaches giving absolutely horrible advice. This has little to do with "knowing your fighter", there's a stupid culture in combat sports that will prefer a fighter get their ass beat over tapping, for no other reason than bro pride points.

Rocky was done. She had no path to victory. She was getting battered on the feet, and striking is supposed to be her specialty. Her nose was broken and she was already mentally defeated. She was done, and a good coach should have seen that. He was worried more about her future regrets , pride, and championship, when he should have been worried about her safety.
Lol at "we'll recover later" Garbage. If it was a close fight, and she had to stick it out a bit more to possibly get the win, that'd be one thing, but it wasn't. It was an unnecessary beating

It doesn't matter what you heard; she said "I'm done. I'm done. I wanna be done." Coach says "No," she says "Yes."

She's in the middle of a fight and can't think straight; her nose is broke, and she said 4 times to her coach she wanted to quit. First you said if she wanted to quit she should have just said "I'm done," which she did, twice.

Ok..so why didnt she just not fight the 5th.. Why didnt she just park herself on the stool .. Why did she change her im done to i want to be done.. U dont think maybe she was fishing for some encouragement or guidance?

Not for letting fighters get beat down well after they should have, but I don't think I've ever seen a fighter straight up say that they don't want any more and the ref lets them continue.
This is correct, and if the ref had been within earshot of the comment, he would have called the fight.

Ok..so why didnt she just not fight the 5th.. Why didnt she just park herself on the stool .. Why did she change her im done to i want to be done.. U dont think maybe she was fishing for some encouragement or guidance?

No you moron, when said she was done it was because she was done. She went back out because she's supposed to be able to trust her corner to look out for her best interest, and they failed her.

If she wanted guidance she would have said "guide me."

No you moron, when said she was done it was because she was done. She went back out because she's supposed to be able to trust her to corner to look out for her best interest, and they failed her.

If she wanted guidance she would have said "guide me."

Ur acting as if she has no free will herself..she said alot dont just focus on the first part

Back