Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

<YeahOKJen>
Ok bud.

People have different motivations when fighting. You have no clue as to what you're talking about if you're trying to tell me that people don't think about things like family, friends, coaches, and pride during a fight, especially when they're trying to push through while being tired. Thinking of those things help you to push on. I have, tons of other fighters do as well.
Not everyone goes into some sort of bloodlust survival trance

No doubt those are motivators going into a fight and during training and moments of pushing through fatigue yes i agree .. But if your serious about quiting those arent going to stop you is what im trying to say..its kinda like u can lock all your doors and windows of your house but if someone wants to come in bad enough..there coming in..same with quitting..if your a quitter or really dont want to contuine theres nothings thats going to stop you from quiting.. I admit though after another poster suggested i listen with headphones they do seem to persuade more then Listen to her which could of been a mistake..only time will tell if raquel will care or not..its between them after all..

Why would you try to convince your own fighter to keep going when they say they are done? They are the one in the fight taking all the damage. That was ridiculous. She says she is done. Throw in the towel.
I can’t believe there are so many people defending the trainer. Fuck that guy. “Let’s just throw everything we have” what!? That is your strategic advice? Fight hard? She wasn’t saying she was done because she is weak willed, she was saying she was done because SHE WAS DONE.

Yeah he is fucking spot on. That’s how you do it. These are tough people in fights they desperately want to win, if they say they are done it’s because they are actually fucking done.

Shes posing a question..not stating anything..its basic psychology shes looking for support in her moment of mental weakness..thats what i got from it..if a fighter wants out for real they dont just get talked out of it like that..thers tons of videos online of people quiting in mma and boxing and it looks nothing like this

BULLSHIT

I’ve have seen MANY corner stoppages on boxing throughout The years, they almost always DO look like this. Fighters don’t demonstrably quit on their stools.

That's tough, because had they have thrown in the towel, there would be critism, it really is a no win for anyone on that side
Wrong

It’s a win for the fighter who doesn’t have to go out there and take unnecessary damage.

BULLSHIT

I’ve have seen MANY corner stoppages on boxing throughout The years, they almost always DO look like this. Fighters don’t demonstrably quit on their stools.

The ones ive seen is usually the corners calling it before the fighters..thats usaully how it goes..kinda like when they stop Bj penn and gsp..bjs brother said thats it.. And in boxing most coaches will say if u dont show me anything different out there ..imma stop it next round or just straight up ask them or pose the question themselves..i havent really seen to many fighters tell there coaches anything along lines of i wanna be done..but after listening to this with headphones my opinion has shifted abit as i original thought she was speaking with corner about seeing the shots coming..but it was actually another coach..this made me feel like they decided to persuade her rather then coach or listen to her..that could of been a mistake..we will have to see the fallout

The ones ive seen is usually the corners calling it before the fighters..thats usaully how it goes..kinda like when they stop Bj penn and gsp..bjs brother said thats it.. And in boxing most coaches will say if u dont show me anything different out there ..imma stop it next round or just straight up ask them or pose the question themselves..i havent really seen to many fighters tell there coaches anything along lines of i wanna be done..but after listening to this with headphones my opinion has shifted abit as i original thought she was speaking with corner about seeing the shots coming..but it was actually another coach..this made me feel like they decided to persuade her rather then coach or listen to her..that could of been a mistake..we will have to see the fallout
No exactly your spot on. My point is fighters don’t typically demand the fight to be stopped. They kind of just give the trainer that look and nod and hope the trainer does it for them.

She quit but her corner threw her back in there for further punishment? I hope there is some kind of financial penalty that can be levied against them, or she leaves that camp.

Absolutely disgraceful lack of regard for her health and well being (which I presume they are probably on about 20% commission to do%).

Imagine she was tapping to an arm bar and they were like forget it ref, let her go on

"I wanna be done"

Maybe go back to making sandwiches and taking naked selfies and leave cage fighting to men

Should BJ Penn also have gone back to making sandwiches after UFC 94?

2n67jpv.jpg

No exactly your spot on. My point is fighters don’t typically demand the fight to be stopped. They kind of just give the trainer that look and nod and hope the trainer does it for them.

She may have been trying to do that.. She also seemed to quietly listen to her coaches , that were trying to build her back up..but in the end she lost whether by her corner stopping it or being finished it still ended with her having a busted nose.. Theres clearily work to be done for her as a fighter and perhaps with who she surrounds herself with..i dont think this is the end of raquel by any means

One thing is for sure, she didn’t have a gay old time out there!

what about goddard? he gets some blame. hes the ref for petes sake. or the brazilian medical team. in mma u never ever see coahes do what boxing coaches do

End of the day, if she wants out all she has to do is turn around, look at the ref and say I'm done.

I think the fighter in this kind of situation doesn't wanna dissapoint their coach and thats why she tells him first, and after he basically tells her to "toughen up" she probably felt she had no other option than to go back in there... just guessing but man... i'm sure the coach had good intentions and didn't just send her in there to get destroyed, but i feel like he should have saved her from that mauling.

Regardless... Pennington is a complete badass. Tough as hell.

This game is not for quiters, go be a hairdresser or something if you do not want to fight

I can confirm that's what was said. I stopped and started and typed everything verbatim as it was said. But if anyone else with headphones wants to go over it and backup my claims, please do...

I think you're correct. I was frustrated they cut to the other corner. Would like so see the unedited footage of Rocky's corner. Came to this thread feeling it was a close call, hard to say etc. From reading this thread, I now believe her corner failed her. Still, Rocky's got a lot of heart. Hope she recovers soon (she's in hospital) and will fight another day.

She was getting worked, for sure. Her nose was busted, forehead was busted. Mentally draining too because she was fighting a friend after a long layoff for the title. She knew she had no shot to win and was looking at reconstructive surgery. She came out for the 5th round and fought valiantly, but her nose/forehead just got busted even worse, it was kinda pointless. But this is part of the life of the fighter.
Just watched the first round. Nunes is dominating her.

With Rockys lay off and near career ending injury, I'm surprised she was deemed eligible to even take the title shot.

Edit: and Nunes is targeting her leg too! Is that the injured one? I thought they were friends. lol wtf.

this is the end result when you award a journeyman/woman punching bag a title fight in a pointless division .thankfully I didn't watch this joke of a spectacle

<DisgustingHHH>

You're not qualified to comment on the fight. Yet you did. That's the joke.

It is sad when a corner doesn't protect their fighter.

That is literally a big part of what they are there to do. If she knew she couldn't win, knew she was hurt and likely knew she couldn't stop herself from taking significant punishment then at the very least they should respect her wishes.

Back