Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

Is that what you're doing? Seems like a weirdly specific thing to just assume someone else is doing.
When that someone else is a person
Is that what you're doing? Seems like a weirdly specific thing to just assume someone else is doing.
not when that person is telling a cagefightwr to leave the fighting to the men and go make a sandwich, I don’t know the situations or life’s of the people on here but I do know that anyone who says shit like that is probably a mouth breathing virgin.

these guys are fucking assholes. you are there to SUPPORT the fighter.
they should be banned.
once a fighter verbally admits to being 'done', it's over. disgusting.

Wrong that is not just their job. Rocky woulda regretted quiting and she knew it hence why she ended up agreeing.

I have a saying when I coach Pain is temperary but regret lasts a lifetime.

It was the last round of champion fight and she was struggling her corner did the right thing. She wasnt in danger of losing her life etc.

She was busted up, sending her out for the 5th made no sense. She was totally outclassed.
I wish every corner did this when their fighter gets outclassed and/or a bust nose.

It's a fucking title fight. You don't decide you give up with one round left... Imagine iaquinta did that vs khalabib?

Really. Imagine it. His career would be over.

I can understand a little bit why the corner didn't call it. They may have been thinking Rocky would regret it in a few weeks looking back saying, "damn! I should have went in for the fifth round." I mean it was a championship fight regardless of how bad she was losing.

But then again, maybe they should have listened to their fighter and stopped and threw in the towel.

Tough decision.

I agree with this sentiment. It's part of the corners job to instill confidence in their fighter. Sometimes people think they are done but they are not. Someone climbing Mt. Everest or running a marathon might be utterly exhausted as they approach the final furlong and convince themselves they can't go on any further when in fact they just need to dig that little bit deeper to see it through to the end. Unfortunately in Raquel's case last night she really was done though :confused:

"I wanna be done"

Maybe go back to making sandwiches and taking naked selfies and leave cage fighting to men

Some manly man you are.

She was fighting an opponent that was pretty much better everywhere and still fought and shed blood for the JBG.

You on the other hand sat on your ass and whined about sandwiches and naked selfies.

That's one of the worse ways to back up your lame argument, but then again - it is a lame argument, so congrats.

If a fighter doesn't have the heart for it, they should have not forced it. Such a shame. I feel bad for Raq

Another example of what a bunch of hacks MMA trainers are. This kind of shit is ridiculous.

Why would you try to convince your own fighter to keep going when they say they are done? They are the one in the fight taking all the damage. That was ridiculous. She says she is done. Throw in the towel.

Because they would have been the ones to hear her complaining later if they let her QUIT.

(Anyone who has a background in coaching, teaching, etc. knows exactly what I am getting at. Not going to argue with Shertards)

I encourage everyone to read between the lines and understand we can not possibly understand the relationship between her and her coaches.. They know her best

She chose to say i want to be done..why not just say i quit or im done..shes looking for encouragement a reason to contuine..her coaches talk her through it and try and refocus her..she had a real tough fight coming of a lay off ofcourse theres some mental bugs there..

I dont see much of problem here..if she came out of and pulled of the 5th round sub like tate did..no1 would be saying shit but how great it was or maybe even praising the corner for her win..stop making something out of nothing

EXactly. See my post, but you were gracious enough to expound. You have more patience for Shertards.

Why would you try to convince your own fighter to keep going when they say they are done? They are the one in the fight taking all the damage. That was ridiculous. She says she is done. Throw in the towel.

You don't have to look into her eyes to see that she was looking for help from her corner. And her stupid corner telling her to get back out there, and do what?

Easy for the corner man to say, when he's not in there fighting, all busted up. He's not the one gonna be recovering. I can tell that guy is a piece of shit.

these guys are fucking assholes. you are there to SUPPORT the fighter.
they should be banned.
once a fighter verbally admits to being 'done', it's over. disgusting.

Surely if she really wanted to be done, she could have told the ref that and it would have been over. Verbal submission before the round even started. She had a weak moment that her corner had probably seen from her before, and they knew she could keep going.

didnt watch the fights last night, but that is fucking disgusting. She should leave that team, those coaches dont give a fuck about her.

Sent her back out to get brutally stopped after she already admitted she was done, fuck those guys in the corner

Should be banned from the sport. They sent a mentally broken fighter out to be finished, risking serious damage. This isn’t fucking tennis. They’re first responsibility as cornermen is to protect the fighter and they’ve done the total opposite. Disgraceful stuff.

oAK4vTL.png
You guys are amazing<Lmaoo>

I get that. I really do. I was just pointing out there was another way we could have look at that situation.

i hear ya, but the reason corners, refs and everything else surrounding a fight exists is to ensure as much safety as possible. By forcing a demoralized fighter back into harm's way, they put winning a fight over their girl's safety and wellbeing. there's really no pov that justifies that

There's levels to this shit. If you have a young fighter who's winning a fight, but had a really bad round and wants to quit, you motivate them. When you have a fighter that's being completely outclassed, you get them fuck the out of there. They're either going to be ruined mentally or physically by sending them out there to get destroyed.

Roberto Duran famously said "no mas," and that motherfucker has accomplished more than any of these MMA hacks ever will. MMA, as a sport, for the most part, is pure garbage.

Wrong that is not just their job. Rocky woulda regretted quiting and she knew it hence why she ended up agreeing.

I have a saying when I coach Pain is temperary but regret lasts a lifetime.

It was the last round of champion fight and she was struggling her corner did the right thing. She wasnt in danger of losing her life etc.
You're a shit coach, shit person and not very bright.

She probably says the same thing every day in training when she's out of gas, and her coaches have to push her to continue when she wants to quit.

Everyone here has seen fighters who kept going even after breaking an arm or leg. I support their decision.

well, this is why you have head coaches...
She was breaking herself and you need someone to tell you to go through it and fight.
She wasn't in that bad of a shape, is just that her threshold was getting low and well, she is in a fucking championship round.
I dont think Rory or Robbie would have quit even in that awful bloody fight, and i don't see anyone here complaining, instead, everyone praises them

Back