Is Yeast Bad for you?

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I enjoy eating whole wheat bread and I'm wondering if yeast is bad for you. I have read that the problem with yeast from a health perspective is that yeast may feed detrimental bacteria such as Candida and contribute to asthma, Crohns Disease and gout. However, according to Google, "dietary yeasts are typically dead when you eat them. Baking yeast has been cooked in bread, and nutritional and other supplemental yeasts are also heated to kill the yeast. When you eat inactive yeast like this, your body simply treats it like any other food. It's digested and the nutrients are absorbed."

So I'm curious on the verdict with yeast.

I enjoy eating whole wheat bread and I'm wondering if yeast is bad for you. I have read that the problem with yeast from a health perspective is that yeast may feed detrimental bacteria such as Candida and contribute to asthma, Crohns Disease and gout. However, according to Google, "dietary yeasts are typically dead when you eat them. Baking yeast has been cooked in bread, and nutritional and other supplemental yeasts are also heated to kill the yeast. When you eat inactive yeast like this, your body simply treats it like any other food. It's digested and the nutrients are absorbed."

So I'm curious on the verdict with yeast.

Next thing will be your turning vegan.........and going to live in a third world country.

I’m going with yes. I also am of the unpopular opinion that we have way too much glutamates in our diet and they are bad for you. Yeast, yeast extract, msg, etc
These are all excitotoxins in the brain which is why they are so addicting

I’m going with yes. I also am of the unpopular opinion that we have way too much glutamates in our diet and they are bad for you. Yeast, yeast extract, msg, etc
These are all excitotoxins in the brain which is why they are so addicting

I agree with this.

Neutrify the yeast by eating yogurt?

Back