Who is the best fighter outside the UFC

30% Usman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
gegard-mousasi-ufc-210-post.jpg

Change my mind

ben askren if he would actually fight tough opponents instad of cans in one fc

Rory MacDonald by far imo. He has actually got a title outside of the UFC, and fought for a title in the UFC, too. Something Mousasi never come close to doing.

Mousasi or Horiguchi.
Minakov if he gets motivated again.

Rory got dominated by Thompson, not sold on his nose excuse, he beat 2 strikers, 1 with no ground game whatsoever and 1 with average grappling, if he beats Koreshkov then he has a case of being top 3 welterweights on the planet, not before.

Mousasi or Horiguchi.

Rory got dominated by Thompson, not sold on his nose excuse, he beat 2 strikers, 1 with no ground game whatsoever and 1 with average grappling, if he beats Koreshkov then he has a case of being top 3 welterweights on the planet, not before.
He also beat Woodley. Let's not forget about that.

Is he the best WW in the world? Maybe not. But he's certainly right up there.

Mousasi or Horiguchi.

This. Mousasi or Horiguchi.

He also beat Woodley. Let's not forget about that.

Is he the best WW in the world? Maybe not. But he's certainly right up there.
Sure, top 5, but not top 3 in my opinion. Woodley, Thompson and RDA over him. He beat Woodley who is a favorable match up, that doesn't erase his loses to Lawler and Thompson.

alexander-shlemenko-bellator-1201.jpg

A44I4764.jpg

gegard-mousasi-shlemenko-bellator-1851.jpg

beat a k-1 striker like a red-headed stepchild, broke his face in under a minute, and turned him into a panic wrestling beta

Horiguchi, MacDonald, and Mousasi. Caldwell might be in the conversation if he can show a little more in his upcoming fights. Both Lima and Koreshkov are high level WWs in my mind, as well.

Back