Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

Been saying this. GSP is doing everything in his power to avoid getting knocked unconscious by Woodley.

Which is sad because GSP at one point in time was an anytime, anywhere fighter.

Talks about wanting to build on his legacy then agrees to fight a contender LW who he's a stylistic nightmare for.

This was not a fight either GSP or Nate asked for. It is one the UFC floated to see how both guys woudl act and how it would be received.

If you understand the UFC you will see the game they are playing. They want GSP to win and then set up GSP V LW champ and if GSP takes that LW belt then GSP V Conor for the biggest fight in MMA history.

If Nate manages an upset V GSP then they would either use that to set up immediately Nate/Conor 3 or give Nate the LW shot hoping he might pull off two miracle and then they set up Nate/Conor 3 for the LW belt.

The UFC is playing Chess and not tiddlywinks. They are trying to set up no lose situations that lead to be the biggest money fights even in an upset.

Believe it or not I didn't need you to explain the new UFC's grand plan to me, I've been around for a minute. I'm not into flash & fireworks casual fan fighting which is all that ^^^ sh!t is under the guise of cementing a forced and padded legacy through twisting & bending to make it work. If GSP is gonna fight @LW then fight @LW he fought one eyed Bisping for belt, now he's supposedly gonna fight straight from the couch Nate Diaz as gateway to the belt or Conor.

F*k all that side show sh!t get the division back to fighting sick & tired of glamour fighting...

Woodley would KO GSP and cherry picking GSP knows it.
Yeah, just like Johnny,bisping and ect was. Woodley not draw Dana knows this. Gsp fights Nate then Conor or lw belt. Then fights Colby or rda for mw belt. Woodley not going be the champ soon

Nope cause if he can win the LW belt, he'll be remembered as an undersized WW like BJ and everyone like Toner will lose their ammo about him beating LWs cause GSP will be one too.
haha. OMG never even thought about how that would impact the GSP haters. You're right. Lots of e-suicides immediately after.

Lol this dude is just pissed he isn't a money fight and everyone is going around him. This same dude has an interim belt created in his weight class because he won't defend. Hey maybe if you weren't Nyquil in human form someone would give a shit about you.

Sure ,makes total sense IF you take money and legacy out of the equation.

Woodley vs GSP I think would be one hell of a fight. Many hardcore fans would love to see it. Issue is, after Woodley's performances against Wonderboy and Maia casuals aren't interested in watching let alone paying 65 bucks to watch him fight. In other words. Not a big draw to get GSP to sign on the dotted line .

The Diaz fight is totally to see if GSP can cut to 155 and perform. All while making a shit load of coin. Diaz vs any big name will sell tickets.

With a solid win over Diaz it will set up GSP for a bout vs Khabib or MacGregor . Probably for a belt ( would make Georges the ONlY three divison Champ if he wins) . This fight would be the biggest ppv in UfC history and would give St Pierre a HUGE legacy .

Those things are very good incentives for GSP to Not face Woodley.

Should be noted the irony of this. Woodley talks about wanting "money fights". At one point explaining why he wanted to fight Nate. If anyone understands what GSP is trying to do its Tyron. Good for him, getting his name out there campaigning to fight GSP, dissing his manly hood trying to bait him into a fight. Can't blame the guy.

All. Of. This.

200.gif

I get that you're joking, but on the subject I honestly have no idea what's going on in the WW division these days. Last I heard Dos Anjos and Covington were going to fight for an interim championship this summer. I guess the official story is Woodley has been injured for close to a year? I'm no doctor, but that sounds like plenty of time to heal a (partial) labrum tear.

Kind of sucks how no interesting contenders have sailed up in all that time. Dos Anjos and Covington? Yawn.

This is what I meant by it. WW feels so stagnant at the moment because of his year off. Rightly or wrongly I feel like Hughes, GSP, and Robbie brought so much more interest to the division.

Now I just need to wait for someone to call me a racist...

He's right....GSP is obviously scurred.

Tyron should RDA or Colby tho if GSP is too coward to fight em tho.

Rory MacDonald took tyquill down, now shertards think GSP cant? Lmfao GSP doesnt owe you reparations you entitled ass

Easy to get Woodleys frustration. He should have had the GSP fight in the bag.

I never expected this from GSP. He was always so concerned with his legacy. I thought he would be either competing or all the way retired, but here he is lingering around looking for money fights that add little to his legacy.

GSP doesn't want anything to do with Tyron. Either he feels he cant win, or he won't be active enough to defend the belt. Either way Woodley gets screwed so I get why he's lashing out a bit.

And why should he? He has been the champ in a prior era. He has defended his belt against pretty much all during his prime years. Woodley should get over it and face killers from his current era instead of challenging former retired guys.

Hell yeah I agree it's as obvious as the nose on your face George going out his way weight to avoid Tyron. as a supporter of GSP that's a big b!tch move how the f*k does fighting 19-11 Nate Diaz add to your legacy, adds to your pocket book and that's it...
Why shouldn't he take money fights now? He's almost 40, at least 5 years past prime with multiple acl injuries. People act like he's still some young contender.

i love how GSP went 185 and now 155 to screw woodley
Before losing to Weidman and when Anderson declared himself in legacy fight mode he announced he wanted only the biggest fights and that was at first at MW and LHW but then he added GSP after.

It is what long time divisional GOAT's do. They look at the best way to pad that legacy resume.

Why shouldn't he take money fights now? He's almost 40, at least 5 years past prime with multiple acl injuries. People act like he's still some young contender.

And where in post did you get the impression I was against him making coin..?

Woodley's the bitch here, that translates into "wah wah, why don't you wanna fight me? Please fight me I know I should worry about my division but gsp or nate I need you to make me popular."
<DCrying><DCrying>please guys !"

Its not a matter of belief. Just go educate yourself. Look at GOAT talks, especially prior to Anderson's roid busts and the 'not testing himself' outside his division was one of the bigger slights against GSP and one of the bigger points for Anderson.

If you cannot see now how being a 2 division champ has already entered the GOAT narrative and how the first ever 3 division champ would impact that then you are pretty naive.

To be fair, Woodley knows all about being a huge bitch so he has experience when judging GSP.
But when you're bitching before the negotiations, bitching in between and bitching in the lead up to the fight; it's hard not to think that he'll bitch after losing. So why bother?

Poor GSP has never been as criticized by his peers as much as right now.

If he had any pride he would step up to the plate, but Mr. Play it Safe doesn’t care about being The People’s Champ.

Tyrone DEFINITELY shouldn't be talking about ANYONE making bitch moves.

That said, he'd be right.

Back