All signs point to Lomachenko vs Beltran unification next

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Lomachenko is returning in just 3 months to a big arena with no opponent announced.

2. Raymundo Beltran said hes interested

3. Beltran is Top Rank guy

4. Loma doesnt need a lot of time to prepare to someone as beatable as Beltran

5. The Forum is Loma's second biggest headlining arena so he wont be fighting a bum

6. It only comes 1 month after Mikey unifies with Easter

7. Gervonta Davis is likely off as they are now different weight class and Davis probably would want more time

Beltran didn't look very good his last time out. His style and size advantage might make this a little interesting, though.

Eh beltran is mediocre, but he does have that Salido style that might give Loma some trouble. Should be a good way to see if Loma has learned how to deal with that rough pressure/brawler style.

i like beltran...he's actually one of my fav fighters around these days, but once again, he's an older guy...he'll be 37 by the time the fight happens...same age as rigo (officially), only more shopworn, but like ironfist05 said, beltran has that style...he's a very rugged guy...he'll bring a lotta pressure. I don't see loma being able to stop him with a single body punch or anything like that...beltran is also experienced against top opposition...ricky burns, crawford. and beltran saw how linares was able to slow loma down with body punches...i think loma wins the early rounds and beltran comes on late after attacking the body early...beltran makes it a physical fight, pushes loma back against the ropes, works the body. beltran's bigger size and strength will play a key role if he's gonna be successful...if not, loma runs away with it.

but like i said, beltran is up there and his footwork aint that great...then again, loma more of a natural counter-puncher...not so comfortable coming forward and seems to be much less effective when he's backing a guy up against the ropes...so, it will be beltran taking the initiative.

hope they make the fight...i'd bet on loma just due to beltran being over the hill and a little weathered, but you never know.

Last edited:
Beltran didn't look very good his last time out. His style and size advantage might make this a little interesting, though.

That will give us a good insight on how Lomachenko did improve a few flaws. Too bad Beltran looks a bit past it.

1. Lomachenko is returning in just 3 months to a big arena with no opponent announced.

2. Raymundo Beltran said hes interested

3. Beltran is Top Rank guy

4. Loma doesnt need a lot of time to prepare to someone as beatable as Beltran

5. The Forum is Loma's second biggest headlining arena so he wont be fighting a bum

6. It only comes 1 month after Mikey unifies with Easter

7. Gervonta Davis is likely off as they are now different weight class and Davis probably would want more time
when is the mikey-easter fight?

Davis would knock Loma out time for Bob to avoid Davis at all cost .

giphy.gif

Great fight. Beltran is never boring and very tough. Loma wins, but I don't see him stopping Ray.

Mikey may be the obvious best fight for him, where it's realistic but very meaningful, but Beltran in a unification is nothing to sneeze at. If you want to sneeze at it because you don't think it'll be competitive, okay, but it's still very respectable on paper and as others have said-hey, he could very well give Loma the business on style and size. He's tough as nails.

Or we can scrap Garcia vs Easter and skip to the fight everyone wants

Edit: Not to say this is a bad fight. It could be somewhat competitive but I dont like Beltran's chances.

Davis would knock Loma out time for Bob to avoid Davis at all cost .
lol Lomachenko would box circles round Tank. Floyd and co. know this which is why they were ducking Loma. They said he needed a few years first. Proper duck.

I like the Beltran match up, it would be good for Loma to deal with a tough gritty come forward fighter. We can see how he's come on since the Salido fight.

This makes sense. Other big fights will take time to negotiate and "build".

Back