RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

I get info mosly of different twitter users, mainly @Karaev fan.

other than that, Horiguchi announced he will fight under Kickboxing rules at Rizin 11. Don't think there is anything else announced.

Number one bullshit saying what Wand would have done, especially considering Wand’s last Rizin appearance, combined with what Rampage had to go through to get a rematch at him after the ‘03 Grand Prix.

On his typical Gracie layoff.....

All I know is that Rizin wanted to keep him but Kron decline the offer.
That’s a shame, he’s a really great talent. This fighting once a year thing is killing any moment for him though. He and Neiman seem to be the Gracie’s that could go the farthest in MMA.

No, just a poster.

Highly doubt Kanna will fight as well, because they already announced Kanna vs RENA for the woman's atomweight title and RENA is busy with shootboxing around that time and I doubt they will let Kanna fight another mma fight before her.

Mirko already stated he would fight for Rizin in July

Presser: Horiguchi opponent plus other items coming up at 1 AM EST

Horiguchi vs Hiromasa Ogikubo II confirmed

Kickboxing tournament starting in September

They're live:

Sakakibara just cinfirmed that Cro Cop and Tenshin will be on the July card. First fight announcement is Horiguchi vs Ogikubo rematch.

Is Horiguchi vs Ogikubo kickboxing? Or did they revert back to MMA?

MMA

Horiguchi will probably start kickboxing in September if he wins
Awesome. I prefer that to be honest.

Looks like Rizin keeping Horiguchi busy for another year.

a rematch from 2013. They're desperate for storylines.

The reality is that there are not many top guys to challenge Horiguchi available
Ogikubo is a pretty good choice to fight Horiguchi. While I expect Horiguchi to win soundly, I think he's probably the best option they could find.

Ogikubo hasn't officially lost since that fight and was one win away from challenging for a UFC title less than 2 years ago. Horiguchi is going to fight like 6 times this year if he avoids injuries, this is a more than acceptable fight.

I get info mosly of different twitter users, mainly @Karaev fan.

other than that, Horiguchi announced he will fight under Kickboxing rules at Rizin 11. Don't think there is anything else announced.

Funny thing I noticed watching the RENA vs Rivera fight from New Year's Eve:

They did a close up of the belt, and it said Super Atomweight Champion. The word "tournament" appeared nowhere.

Ogikubo vs. Horiguchi I (March 16, 2013)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

if true, that's pretty fucked up.

and it kind of defeats the point of asking kanna, to begin with. now i kind of want to see kanna tell them to fuck off.

this shit is why i despise seeing orgs try to make/sell stars instead of just being about fights. tenshin vs 45 straight cans and rena will get as many rematches/title shots as it takes for her to be the champ, i guess.

god forbid the 'wrong' person wins and even already fought again...

This is literally the best, most competitive fight for Horiguchi they can feasibly make right now, outside of Dodson, who was probably much harder to snag on relatively short notice (just over 8 wks)

Back