Mackenzie Dern Vs Gabrielle Garcia

You must be incredibly stupid not to see how an American born and raised Arizona, midwestern American girl who lived her entire life until her 20s in America, can't suddenly just develop such a thick accent, but also forget basic grammar and sentence structure.

I'm middle eastern. Came here at 14. Every summer break I would go back to the middle east and spend 3 months there, not speaking a word of English. Came back and I didn't speak English like I had a lobotomy.

I like Dern. She's thicc and her BJJ is great, but I also dislike her because of that dumb FAKE accent.

She has a Father who speaks Portuguese to her.
She has a stepmother who speaks Portuguese to her.
She has a boyfriend who speaks Portuguese to her.
She spends most her time in Brazil, and I bet in US most of her friends are also Brazilian.

You go back every year to middle east.
For the past several years, she spoke mostly (almost exclusively) Portuguese. English, despite being her mother tongue, became her secondary language.

It is not only where you live, but how much do you have access to a language.Do you speak arabic (or whatever you speak in your country) with your parents? How about relatives? If so, you keep your mother tongue alive (and yet you still may forget a word here or there, am I wrong?).

If all she is speaking for the past year is Portuguese, then it is natural to "forget" English. And if she doesn't use it, she ends up "translating back" some grammar or sentence structures from Portuguese.

So next time you want to offend, at least make sure you are missing a very important point...

because then the only one who looks incredibly stupid is you.

LOL at claiming "fake accent".
They wanna hate and don't know what to say, so they nitpick anything they perceive it is wrong with that person...

She Has a Brazilian Father and stepmother, a brazilian boyfriend, and probably speaks with them in portuguese all day long.

Do your sensibilities really hurt because she acquired a brazilian accent?
Fucking insecure people.....

tenor.gif
as opposed to the first twenty years of her life where she wasnt around her father and never spoke a lick of por. until just recently .....right??

lol I agree its a weird thing to fixate on....but its also a weird thing to do....she came thru her childhood and teens...presumably being around her father, being around bjj ....speaking por. and had no accent when speaking english. she didnt just learn por. last year lol

to the topic....even 1 in 5 is impressive...

as opposed to the first twenty years of her life where she wasnt around her father and never spoke a lick of por. until just recently .....right??

lol I agree its a weird thing to fixate on....but its also a weird thing to do....she came thru her childhood and teens...presumably being around her father, being around bjj ....speaking por. and had no accent when speaking english. she didnt just learn por. last year lol

to the topic....even 1 in 5 is impressive...
It may sound weird, but it is perfectly normal.
If you (all of a sudden) stops speaking your mother tongue and only speaks a different language, surprise surprise, you forget your mother tongue.
This is not set by age, but by how much contact you maintain with your mother tongue.
If she lives now with her father & stepmother and all she meets are Portuguese-speaking people (her BF included), she will forget English.

But if she was to break up with her Brazilian BF and starts with an American, I am sure her English would come back. it is just a matter of speaking it.

It may sound weird, but it is perfectly normal.
If you (all of a sudden) stops speaking your mother tongue and only speaks a different language, surprise surprise, you forget your mother tongue.
This is not set by age, but by how much contact you maintain with your mother tongue.
If she lives now with her father & stepmother and all she meets are Portuguese-speaking people (her BF included), she will forget English.

But if she was to break up with her Brazilian BF and starts with an American, I am sure her English would come back. it is just a matter of speaking it.
youre really stretching to make an excuse for her and just talking out your ass....losing one's native tongue IS an age thing because it takes a long time before you forget the first language you learned to speak even not using it, I know this because my father's first language was not english...its not something you lose within a year ...especially not when youre still using the language((which she is))

the whole situation is just dumb, its obvious as others have said, thats she putting on a facade, its a stupid thing to do but its quickly apparent that such things are a trend with this girl....

but enough with the talk about talking...I dont really care if she wanted to go around with a french accent, her weight on the other hand is abit of an issue because its something that affects the fight, but 115....125..either way Im sure shes going to be hitting a wall soon, her sloppy training and dieting habits are going to catch up

She spends most her time in Brazil, and I bet in US most of her friends are also Brazilian.

For the past several years, she spoke mostly (almost exclusively) Portuguese. English, despite being her mother tongue, became her secondary language.

It is not only where you live, but how much do you have access to a language.Do you speak arabic (or whatever you speak in your country) with your parents? How about relatives? If so, you keep your mother tongue alive (and yet you still may forget a word here or there, am I wrong?).

If all she is speaking for the past year is Portuguese, then it is natural to "forget" English. And if she doesn't use it, she ends up "translating back" some grammar or sentence structures from Portuguese.

So next time you want to offend, at least make sure you are missing a very important point...

Ok....

- I have a mother who speaks only Arabic to me
- I have a father who speaks only Arabic to me
- I have a sister and brother in law who speaks only Arabic to me
- I did not even learn fluent English until I was 13 or 14
- From that age until mid 20's, I spent approximately 25% of every year in the Middle East speaking only Arabic
- All experts say to properly learn a language and become a native speaker at it, this must be done prior to 10 years old. Dern grew up in Arizona, I grew up in the middle east, during those years.
- DERN AS RECENTLY AS 2012 SPOKE IN A VALLEY GIRL AMERICAN ENGLISH ACCENT WITH PERFECT GRAMMAR.

This last point is important: as recently as 2012 she spoke VALLEY GIRL AMERICAN ENGLISH. This is on video on Youtube.

You make it seem that poor Dern grew up speaking Portugeuse with some exposure to English as a second language. This is HARDLY the case, and my case is actually MORE extreme than hers, yet I have no accent, I don't suddenly struggle to put together a coherent English accent, I don't start each sentence with "how do you say...."

I don't understand why some people (like you) are so easily fooled by the dumbest things. BY 10 years old whatever language you spoke growing up in your community becomes a hardwired native language. You can lost that in the span of 3 years between 2012 and 2015.

youre really stretching to make an excuse for her and just talking out your ass....losing one's native tongue IS an age thing because it takes a long time before you forget the first language you learned to speak even not using it, I know this because my father's first language was not english...its not something you lose within a year ...especially not when youre still using the language((which she is))

the whole situation is just dumb, its obvious as others have said, thats she putting on a facade, its a stupid thing to do but its quickly apparent that such things are a trend with this girl....

but enough with the talk about talking...I dont really care if she wanted to go around with a french accent, her weight on the other hand is abit of an issue because its something that affects the fight, but 115....125..either way Im sure shes going to be hitting a wall soon, her sloppy training and dieting habits are going to catch up
Kid, just because you are too stupid and hellbend on hating her, it doesn't mean you are right.
I said it over the years, not one year. And no, it does NOT depend on how old you are. Only how long it has been (and how frequent) you use it.
If you are in a different country but continue speaking with your parents on your mother tongue, then you don't lose it.
But if you speak with your parents on your second language, you endup forgetting your mother tongue.

Oh, and BTW: This is only a trend with this girl because haters like you make it a thing.

Ok....

- I have a mother who speaks only Arabic to me
- I have a father who speaks only Arabic to me
- I have a sister and brother in law who speaks only Arabic to me
- I did not even learn fluent English until I was 13 or 14
- From that age until mid 20's, I spent approximately 25% of every year in the Middle East speaking only Arabic
- All experts say to properly learn a language and become a native speaker at it, this must be done prior to 10 years old. Dern grew up in Arizona, I grew up in the middle east, during those years.
- DERN AS RECENTLY AS 2012 SPOKE IN A VALLEY GIRL AMERICAN ENGLISH ACCENT WITH PERFECT GRAMMAR.

This last point is important: as recently as 2012 she spoke VALLEY GIRL AMERICAN ENGLISH. This is on video on Youtube.

You make it seem that poor Dern grew up speaking Portugeuse with some exposure to English as a second language. This is HARDLY the case, and my case is actually MORE extreme than hers, yet I have no accent, I don't suddenly struggle to put together a coherent English accent, I don't start each sentence with "how do you say...."

I don't understand why some people (like you) are so easily fooled by the dumbest things. BY 10 years old whatever language you spoke growing up in your community becomes a hardwired native language. You can lost that in the span of 3 years between 2012 and 2015.
Sorry but how dense are you?
you have a mother who speaks only Arabic to you
you have a father who speaks only Arabic to you
you have a sister and brother in law who speaks only Arabic to you. That means you ARE EXPOSED TO ARABIC, so you won't forget.

You are the EXACT OPPOSITE OF HER.

And please, spare me with this crap of experts claiming you only learn a language prior ro 10 years old. I've learned 4 different languages (fluent) after I was 16, so this is a load of crap.

Kid, just because you are too stupid and hellbend on hating her, it doesn't mean you are right.
I said it over the years, not one year. And no, it does NOT depend on how old you are. Only how long it has been (and how frequent) you use it.
If you are in a different country but continue speaking with your parents on your mother tongue, then you don't lose it.
But if you speak with your parents on your second language, you endup forgetting your mother tongue.

Oh, and BTW: This is only a trend with this girl because haters like you make it a thing.
lol kid? its hellbent and youre the one thats hellbent upon defending her, if she wants to come off as she is with the fake act, thats on her I ultimately dont care

1)age = how long youve been around so yes age does come into play....its what youre saying also youre just too slow on the uptake to figure that out
2)the girl grew up speaking both por and english most likely fluently from an early age....yet when she first came around the mma scene she had no accent.......what has changed in the past year or so that would immediately impact...not just a few choice words but her entire speech pattern like that? the answer is nothing.....because nothing could in that short amount of time lol

at the end of the day however she chooses to sound(((and thats exactly what she is doing)) it doesnt matter, as I said before ...its dumb ((and doing dumb things)) is a trend for her, a point you also misunderstood, like coming overweight, like the blurb of her excuses for it and comments towards how seriously she doesnt take training, those things IMO are a real reason to dislike her...evidently you admire those qualities in a fighter, I dont...but shes going to win herself right into a brutal reality check...Im patient enough to enjoy watching it develop

You need to re-read how you write before trying to complain about my response.
I spoke about something that happened to me. Not someone else that I heard about, but me.
Something I experienced living over 20 years outside US.

I explained the best way I could.

And all you could do is claim I have no clue and continue arguing like it is a matter of opinion...which it is clearly not.
You demand proof, but derm is exactly it! yet you rather claim it is "intriguing".

I simply do not know what else I could have said or how much more clear I could have said it.

...like the old saying goes: "you can lead a horse to the water but you can't make it drink"

i didn't say you have no clue, i said just because YOU SAID IT doesn't mean i have to accept it as FACT. if i accept everything a random person said on the internet as fact because they told me they are an authority on the subject i would be an idiot.

i understand what you're saying, but i'm simply saying, i've NEVER experienced that, i have immigrants as parents, i grew up in Hawaii surrounded by other immigrants, and i've never seen anyone go from speaking perfect English to speaking broken English in 3 years of hanging out with immigrants.

that statement i made has just as much as weight as you saying "i lived in 3 countries". how do you know it's true? you don't. that's exactly my point. but i'm not sitting here trying to force you to believe what i believe "because i grew up surrounded by immigrants", you're free to believe whatever you want.

She lives in the US. You saying that she only speaks and hears Portuguese when she goes to the grocery store? When she goes to a restaurant? When she orders her McDonald's? (she likes to eat so we KNOW she spends a lot of time talking to food service people).

Before you go spouting off again about what you claim to have experienced, for the past 20+ years I've been around >100 immigrants all the time. Everyone from children who are learning English and that have parents that don't speak English at all, to those who have parents that are bi/multi-lingual. I also interact with adults that are also fairly recent immigrants (immigrated to the US anywhere from last week to 10+ years ago), some with little to no English, to others that are semi-fluent. I have NEVER seen a single instance where someone's accent, sentence structure, etc. changes so drastically in such a short period of time. I know kids in their late teens that grew up learning English in school while not speaking any English outside of the school day, yet they speak English without any appreciable accent.

Either her accent is "fake", whatever that means, or she's an idiot. IMO she adopts an accent to "fit in" with those immediately around her (in addition she's mildly to moderately stupid).

Regardless of how she speaks, her bjj used to be great in bjj tourneys. Her bjj has not been very good the last couple years. She struggles to translate her bjj to mma. Her TDs are absolute garbage. She gets out-muscled by every opponent. She's unprofessional. She's fat (by mma standards). The level of her opponents has not improved and while she is winning, we have yet to see any progression in her opponents skill level to see how Dern handles it. IMO she either decides to start taking mma seriously and gets her shit together, or she's going to lose 2 out of her next 3 and then will be done with mma.
Sorry, but I didn't waste my time reading your attempt to nitpick a dumb point.
For the past years, she spent most her time in Brazil.

lol kid? its hellbent and youre the one thats hellbent upon defending her, if she wants to come off as she is with the fake act, thats on her I ultimately dont care

1)age = how long youve been around so yes age does come into play....its what youre saying also youre just too slow on the uptake to figure that out
2)the girl grew up speaking both por and english most likely fluently from an early age....yet when she first came around the mma scene she had no accent.......what has changed in the past year or so that would immediately impact...not just a few choice words but her entire speech pattern like that? the answer is nothing.....because nothing could in that short amount of time lol

at the end of the day however she chooses to sound(((and thats exactly what she is doing)) it doesnt matter, as I said before ...its dumb ((and doing dumb things)) is a trend for her, a point you also misunderstood, like coming overweight, like the blurb of her excuses for it and comments towards how seriously she doesnt take training, those things IMO are a real reason to dislike her...evidently you admire those qualities in a fighter, I dont...but shes going to win herself right into a brutal reality check...Im patient enough to enjoy watching it develop
sigh I give up. You are too stupid to understand a simple fact I already repeated quite a few times.
I don;t care for her. I am speaking strictly about the accent.
It happens.
You doubt, then keep on hating, kid.
I don't care for you same as I don't care for her.
Actually I care less for a dumbass hater than I care about a irrelevant girl whom so far failed to impress me inside the octagon... which is what matters to me.

i didn't say you have no clue, i said just because YOU SAID IT doesn't mean i have to accept it as FACT. if i accept everything a random person said on the internet as fact because they told me they are an authority on the subject i would be an idiot.

i understand what you're saying, but i'm simply saying, i've NEVER experienced that, i have immigrants as parents, i grew up in Hawaii surrounded by other immigrants, and i've never seen anyone go from speaking perfect English to speaking broken English in 3 years of hanging out with immigrants.

that statement i made has just as much as weight as you saying "i lived in 3 countries". how do you know it's true? you don't. that's exactly my point. but i'm not sitting here trying to force you to believe what i believe "because i grew up surrounded by immigrants", you're free to believe whatever you want.

I understand it. Point taken.
best I can tell you is that yeah, strange as it sounds, it happened to me. Believe me, it was a surreal/terrible experience.
I came back because my grandma passed, and everyone wanted to speak with me.
Mind you, I could understand everything anyone spoke to me, but the words would simply not come when I wanted to answer, so I just remained (mostly) silent.
Face-to-face was not as bad, but i dreaded answering phone calls exactly because people would expect to hear from me, and I couldn't make up the sentences, so I tried to use alternate words and it always came out funny.

After that I made a conscious effort to use my languages so I would not forget them. I got songs from each country, I change the languages on my Waze when driving, and I talk on these languages with friends who either know the language or came from those places.

I still "speak funny" on most languages, mind you which invariably leads to the question of "where I am from?"
But it reminds me of Christopher Lambert at the movie Highlander when he would answer: "lots of different places"...

I always felt it fit right in with me, so I don;'t get mad.... that movie was bad ass!! :D

Sean_Connery_and_Christopher_lambert_in_the_market_scene_in_Highlander..jpg

Dern’s accent thingy is stupid.

Complaining bout her accent thingy is even more stupid.

This entire thread. Ugh

Sorry but how dense are you?
you have a mother who speaks only Arabic to you
you have a father who speaks only Arabic to you
you have a sister and brother in law who speaks only Arabic to you. That means you ARE EXPOSED TO ARABIC, so you won't forget.

You are the EXACT OPPOSITE OF HER.

And please, spare me with this crap of experts claiming you only learn a language prior ro 10 years old. I've learned 4 different languages (fluent) after I was 16, so this is a load of crap.

Dude what are you babbling about ? Are you that much of an embicile ?

I was talking about how I'm exposed to Arabic by my family, yet living in the United States, but haven't magically forgot how to speak ENGLISH.

This was in direct response to you saying the reason she reverted to a Portuguese accent while living 20 years in Arizona was because "she spoke Portuguese to her dad, her bf, blah blah "

How am I the OPPPOSITE of her ? I was directly responding to your dumbass argument you fucking embicile.

Both of us grew up in United States speaking English. Both of us had family speaking different language. She is suddenly, after 2012, forgetting how to speak ENGLISH or even basic grammar.

Actually I learned English at 13 unlike her where she was born in America and spoke English her ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE WITH A VALLEY GIRL ACCENT WELL INTO HER 20s.

Don't be such a fucking dense gullible idiot. Jesus Chris dude. Again :

She was speaking perfectly fine American valley girl English as recent as late 2012. By mid to late 2015 she speaks English like a Brazilian just barely leaving the language.

sigh I give up. You are too stupid to understand a simple fact I already repeated quite a few times.
It happens.
Actually I care less for a dumbass hater than I care about a irrelevant girl whom so far failed to impress me inside the octagon... which is what matters to me.

Yeah you're just a really dumb person.

What you're saying isn't hard to complex. We get what your saying.... it's just simply wrong and stupid and you're just wrong. That's all there is to it

It happens.

What you're saying isn't hard to complex. We get what your saying.... it's just simply wrong and stupid and you're just wrong. That's all there is to it

Dude what are you babbling about ? Are you that much of an embicile ?

I was talking about how I'm exposed to Arabic by my family, yet living in the United States, but haven't magically forgot how to speak ENGLISH.

This was in direct response to you saying the reason she reverted to a Portuguese accent while living 20 years in Arizona was because "she spoke Portuguese to her dad, her bf, blah blah "

How am I the OPPPOSITE of her ? I was directly responding to your dumbass argument you fucking embicile.

Both of us grew up in United States speaking English. Both of us had family speaking different language. She is suddenly, after 2012, forgetting how to speak ENGLISH or even basic grammar.

Actually I learned English at 13 unlike her where she was born in America and spoke English her ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE WITH A VALLEY GIRL ACCENT WELL INTO HER 20s.

Don't be such a fucking dense gullible idiot. Jesus Chris dude. Again :

She was speaking perfectly fine American valley girl English as recent as late 2012. By mid to late 2015 she speaks English like a Brazilian just barely leaving the language.
kid, you are in school. in English.

She is living in Brazil for most of the time for the past few years, not US.
So again, your situation is NOTHING compared with her.
You are not special, you are just too fucking stupid.

nah, you are the retard who think you are special.
But all you are is a common brain-dead hater.

keep hating, kid.
I will remember, each time she say something, I will laugh at the fact you cringe.
All of a sudden, her "accent" will bring a smile to me. Because I know somewhere in here or in the caves you fucking came from, you will be raging all triggered up.
giphy.gif

bullshit.

In my country, we are bilingual, most people who actually know how to speak both do not make up words or suddenly stop speaking one or the other.

I speak 3 languages, lived abroad, developing an accent is one thing, speaking broken english is another. IF she had gone to brazil and lived there for something like 3 years without having any type of contact with english speakers, you may have a point, but in no longer than a month, someone returning to his country should regain fluidity in his mother tonge.

nah, you are the retard who think you are special.
But all you are is a common brain-dead hater.

keep hating, kid.
I will remember, each time she say something, I will laugh at the fact you cringe.
All of a sudden, her "accent" will bring a smile to me. Because I know somewhere in here or in the caves you fucking came from, you will be raging all triggered up.
giphy.gif

Aww you posted a cute gif! How edgy!

Yeah your right "kid"... a woman growing up and living in Arizona for the first 20 years of her life , and having a valley girl accent as late as the end of 2012, would not only form a very heavy Portuguese accent but also completely forget basic grammar and simple sentence structure in English and struggle and stammer to find words.

You truly are a special kind of embicile. Very gullible , naive , and almost as dumb as Dern is.

No one is triggered you edgy little shit : we're laughing at you same way we laugh at people who fall for the old deposed Nigerian Prince email scams

Back