UFC Moscow - September 15th

Mostly bum tier local Russians like they do with Uk cards. But since first time and likely rare ufc appearance in Russia they might get a decent main event.

I still can't believe that Russia got the world cup.
It makes sense with you consider that FIFA is a corrupt organisation and Russia is a corrupt country though.

It’s a fight night as expected. They’re gonna test the waters before doing any ppvs there.

No way they do Khabib vs tony or Connor on a fight night but maybe Khabib vs Lee or Alvarez who knows. I doubt they give away any title fight for free. So no Khabib but it would be nice if he gets a title defense out of the way first. That puts him ahead of tony and Connor

It makes sense with you consider that FIFA is a corrupt organisation and Russia is a corrupt country though.
A salty Brit. Never disappoints.

I bet they still won't find a fight for Habit Magomedsharipov lol

I have no doubt they will sell a stadium in Moscow...

However it's different question about PPV...they would need to put major US

and international stars to make it lucrative to buy.

Because Russia is not known for buying PPV... it's mostly USA and Canada,

Europe much less so

I personally want some american/european names on this card. Kinda tired of "Magomedov Magomed" type of fighters at local promotions already.

Volkov vs Hunt
Zabit vs Emmett
Oleynik vs Werdum
Taisumov vs Pettis
Emeev vs Dong Hyun Kim
Tukhugov vs Lobov
Khabilov vs Dariush

So many good potential matchups for this card.

Volkov vs Hunt
Zabit vs Emmett
Oleynik vs Werdum
Taisumov vs Pettis
Emeev vs Dong Hyun Kim
Tukhugov vs Lobov
Khabilov vs Dariush

So many good potential matchups for this card.

Hunt is a step back for Volkov following a win over Werdum

Emmett can't feel his face anymore

Oleynik should fight that Dagestani guy Shamil something or the other

Pettis will be rebooked to fight Chiesa

The rest, meh

Zero chance of Khabib and the title then.
I'd guess....

Volkov vs. Overeem/Blaydes winner (for a title-shot)
Werdum vs. Oleynik
Zabit vs. someone
then the rest of the card filled with Dagestanis. Nothing huge either. Still will be cool!

Doubt the ufc do it but it would be nice if they signed Nikita Krylov for a 1 off appearance

It will be a UFC Fight Night, it seems. Not a PPV, as some were expecting last year.
It's the right decision, UFC should test the market before going to Russia with a big event, or it could turn out to be a epic failure and they would be wasting a lot of time and money.

DdToJJRW0AUca8R.jpg

Fighters who have been rumored or at least have spoken in the past about wanting to compete in this card:
  1. Alexander Volkov (30-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) - heavyweight - former M-1 and Bellator champion
  2. Alexey Oleynik (56-11-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) - heavyweight
  3. Rustam Khabilov (22-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) - lightweight
  4. Zabit Magomedsharipov (15-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) - featherweight - former ACB champion
  5. Ramazan Emeev (17-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) - welterweight - former M-1 champion
  6. Magomed Bibulatov (14-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) - flyweight - former WSOF and WFCA champion
I'd prefer Zabit to get on UFC 227 if they can find him an opponent so he gets that PPV exposure. As for headlining UFC Russia, Volkov seems like a good choice, but who the hell does he fight now that he's beaten Werdum? He's arguably earned a TS.

I bet they still won't find a fight for Habit Magomedsharipov lol
I do see some duckings on the horizon....however his gassing in the 3rd round looked promising for future opponents

A salty Brit. Never disappoints.
The corruption of both is well documented. Do a Google search.

Edit: Actually hold up, what're you even accusing me of being salty about?

Last edited:
I'd prefer Zabit to get on UFC 227 if they can find him an opponent so he gets that PPV exposure. As for headlining UFC Russia, Volkov seems like a good choice, but who the hell does he fight now that he's beaten Werdum? He's arguably earned a TS.
If you don't know, manager of Zabit said that 3 fights in 6 months is too much for Zabit and he doesn't want to fight at UFC 227.

Will be a lot of Russian fighters on the card, cool to see the UFC more and more outside the USA

Back