Mackenzie Dern Vs Gabrielle Garcia

bullshit.

In my country, we are bilingual, most people who actually know how to speak both do not make up words or suddenly stop speaking one or the other.

I speak 3 languages, lived abroad, developing an accent is one thing, speaking broken english is another. IF she had gone to brazil and lived there for something like 3 years without having any type of contact with english speakers, you may have a point, but in no longer than a month, someone returning to his country should regain fluidity in his mother tonge.
so you agree with me. Thank you.

For the past years, she's been lining most of the year in Brazil.
And no, it shouldn't be automatic regain her skills if she returns to this country with her parents (who talk to her in Portuguese) and her BF (who talks to her in Portuguese) and her training partners (whom you might have guessed... talk to her in Portuguese).
Even here in US, she speaks Portuguese and probably barely has much contact with English.

Aww you posted a cute gif! How edgy!

Yeah your right "kid"... a woman growing up and living in Arizona for the first 20 years of her life , and having a valley girl accent as late as the end of 2012, would not only form a very heavy Portuguese accent but also completely forget basic grammar and simple sentence structure in English and struggle and stammer to find words.

You truly are a special kind of embicile. Very gullible , naive , and almost as dumb as Dern is.

No one is triggered you edgy little shit : we're laughing at you same way we laugh at people who fall for the old deposed Nigerian Prince email scams
Apparently you are, kid.
That's why you posted 3 straight posts just cursing at me.
Go cry somewhere else, kid. No one wants to hear about your hate.

so you agree with me. Thank you.

For the past years, she's been lining most of the year in Brazil.
And no, it shouldn't be automatic regain her skills if she returns to this country with her parents (who talk to her in Portuguese) and her BF (who talks to her in Portuguese) and her training partners (whom you might have guessed... talk to her in Portuguese).
Even here in US, she speaks Portuguese and probably barely has much contact with English.

She trains in the us, she lives in the us, she watches tv in English she listen to radio in English and I hardly think all of her class mates in the us are Brazilians, how is megaton running a gym full of Brazilians in the us?

It doesn’t take longer than 1 month to your native accent back, let alone broken language. So no, I do not agree with you. Also, ine thing is a southern accent vs a northern accent in the us, or down here, an Spanish accent from Argentina and other from Paraguay, yeah there’s some people very prone to developing the accent where is currently living, I am for example, I would stay 1 month in a place and that accent would stick to me, but Brazilian English accent is not the case... i would never in my life get an English Spanish accent, just as a native English speaker should never pick up a Brazilian English accent. Let alone broken English unless the person has not be living in the place for a long time having zero contact with his native language... kenetics said she has always have the same accent, and I can give her a pass on his interviews from a couple of years ago... but her last one? Jesus she flew from the us to Brazil! And she “ arroved “ To rio?

She trains in the us, she lives in the us, she watches tv in English she listen to radio in English and I hardly think all of her class mates in the us are Brazilians, how is megaton running a gym full of Brazilians in the us?

It doesn’t take longer than 1 month to your native accent back, let alone broken language. So no, I do not agree with you. Also, ine thing is a southern accent vs a northern accent in the us, or down here, an Spanish accent from Argentina and other from Paraguay, yeah there’s some people very prone to developing the accent where is currently living, I am for example, I would stay 1 month in a place and that accent would stick to me, but Brazilian English accent is not the case... i would never in my life get an English Spanish accent, just as a native English speaker should never pick up a Brazilian English accent. Let alone broken English unless the person has not be living in the place for a long time having zero contact with his native language... kenetics said she has always have the same accent, and I can give her a pass on his interviews from a couple of years ago... but her last one? Jesus she flew from the us to Brazil! And she “ arroved “ To rio?

Again, you are lying and assuming.
She is living for the most part in Brazil.
She trains with her father... a Brazilian whom she speaks Portuguese with.
She spends her time with her BF who is Brazilian.

You pretty much seems in denial.

Go live in Spain, and cut yourself from English until you are fluent in Spanish (even thinking in Spanish). Then stay away from English for a year.
We will see if you are right.

Go live in Spain, and cut yourself from English until you are fluent in Spanish (even thinking in Spanish). Then stay away from English for a year.
Bullshit. (and her dad and BF both speak English better than Dern)

She is not "living for the most part in Brazil".
Here's an interview from Dec. 15, 2017 (just 5 months ago):
"However, the decision on whether or not she’ll move to Brazil depends on what her fighting future has in store for Dern"
[SOURCE: https://www.flocombat.com/articles/...-has-brazil-in-her-heart-ufc-gold-on-her-mind]

In interviews she's talked at length about living in the US and how she misses the beaches of Rio.
She was recently asked to leave her gym and so she's training in California now instead of AZ.

In an interview on May 3, 2018 (less than 2 weeks ago!) she talked about how she was flying down to Rio a week before the fight (a fight that was in Brazil).

We get it, you have a stiffy for Dern. But that doesn't mean you get to make shit up nor that anyone has to believe your bullshit.

For anyone interested, her are videos of Dern and her Dad from 2010:

And Dern from Nov. 2015

Last edited:

Spanish is my first language, I lived a year in the us, when internet wasn’t a thing, So I was forced to speak only in English (and Portuguese with my Brazilian friends) came back to Paraguay, and my Spanish exactly as it was when I left.

Don’t know about who his actual boyfriend is, but she lives in the states, not Brazil.

Edit: the poster on top of me has pretty much said everything there was to say.

Deflecting legit criticism with "ur a hater" type talk and making up abject nonsense to further an argument is something 15 year old girls do.

Criticizing a fighter for not making weight = legit criticism
Criticizing a fighter for undisciplined striking = legit criticism
Criticizing a fighter for poor takedowns = legit criticism

Criticizing a fighter for the way they sound when they speak ≠ legit criticism

There's plenty of very valid things to criticise if that's what people want to do. That said, I think it's pretty safe to say that with all of those legit reasons, if someone's jumping right to "ZOMG WTF is wrong with her accent!?" - they're probably a hater ...

Back