Striker submitting a grappler and a grappler KOing a striker?

Going into the first Namajunas vs. Jedrzejczyk fight, almost everyone who gave Rose any chance at all figured that she needed a submission (probably rear naked choke) to win. And Rose had a record at that time of 5 of her 6 wins coming by submission. In addition she had submission wins during TUF 20.

On the other hand, more people than before probably think of her as a striker now.

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

Last edited:
You’re not wrong, and nobody is arguing that, but it’s still a lot of fun to discuss and think about. Your reaction makes me wonder which of these answers rustled your jimmies
Nothing rustled my jimmies. Kinda just my opinion maybe I sounded like a dick. But how dare you even accuse me of having my jimmies rustles you racist homophobe bigot etc....

jk

varner vs barboza
grappler ko'ing striker

Cro Cop versus Randleman is the best example because they had two fights and both fit.

That just shows the advantage of height. Werdum is not a great striker. But put a 6'4" normal dude against a 5'10 champion... 6'4'" guy wins

Lol, Werdum is a "normal dude"

tumblr_mx95cvo3bY1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Here is a 7' tall dude getting knocked out by Hunt, and he is a striker, too. Does it prove the advantage of being much shorter?

Going into the first Namajunas vs. Jedrzejczyk fight, almost everyone who gave Rose any chance at all figured that she needed a submission (probably rear naked choke) to win. And Rose had a record at that time of 5 of her 6 wins coming by submission. In addition she had submission wins during TUF 20.

On the other hand, more people than before probably think of her as a striker now.

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif
thug rose whooped that crack trick

Uhh.

You have Crocop-Randleman as "Grappler knocking out Striker" but don't have Crocop-Randleman 2 as "Striker submitting grappler."

Mackens Semerzier submitted Wagney Fabiano with a triangle. It was WEC but still quite the shocker, and worthy of mention here.

In case they haven't been mentioned

Kevin Burns submitting Roan Carniero
Mackens Semerzier submitting Wagnney Fabiano

Both absolute shockers

Semmy Schilt submitted Olympic Judo Silver medallist Kim Min Soo by triangle choke.

Some recent fights with strikers subbing grapplers:

Blachowitz vs Clark
Alvey vs Spicely
Volkov vs Ivanov
Samman vs Caio
Brett Johns vs Joe soto

Uhh.

You have Crocop-Randleman as "Grappler knocking out Striker" but don't have Crocop-Randleman 2 as "Striker submitting grappler."

well as I explained, I don't consider wrestlers submission artists, I should rephrase my title (sub guy instead of grappler), because I am not surprised of seing a wrestler being submitted, at least not as much as when a BJJ guy gets submitted.
also I had updated the list with that fight, althouht it doesn't exacltly fit

No.. Submission setup from a strike

well yeah but we don't have much better, most subs mad eby a striker will be after strikes or against a gassed oponent
but we knew anderson had subs, yeah

Back