Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

What I'm seeing is justification for everything GSP does without applying any sound logic.
+ Woodley did ask for the Nate fight (as well as a bunch of non sense fights) and he gets a ton of shit for it, but at least he is doing it from the weight class he belongs in. GSP is skipping up and down and everywhere but WW to find fights when its WW that is his legacy and claim to fame.
+ I don't doubt for one minute that Dana has alot to do with all of this. The lengths UFC went to finally have the on again off again Bisping/GSP fight is proof of this.

What I want to say most of all is that GSP's legacy is as the best WW (and perhaps overall fighter) **OF HIS ERA** . If he wants to add to his legacy the best way to do it is to prove that his greatness truly extends beyond his era.. so fight the best of this generation otherwise just rest on you're laurels.. and say you're coming back to do some fun fights in different weights for your fans.. don't try to sell us that this circus adds to your legacy (his legacy of a WW).

Despite everyones obvious loyalty to GSP I can't help but think you would all love and prefer to see GSP defeat Woodley rather than to see GSP defeat Nate at LW. But you know deep within that GSP would get absolutely smoked against Tyron.
He literally cleared his division from 2006-2013. Then attained another in 2017. He literally has nothing to prove at WW. If you're Goat - what else is their to prove? You can believe he's the greatest of his era, cause he was, but he still the best WW of all time and this indisputable with facts, and even GSP haters admit this, as to why you cannot that's an answer you have to find yourselfm

As yes, this thread is 20+ pages long because everyone is loyal to gsp. You see justification, because he HAS more justification than practically anyone. If you can't see the just so adamant at dismantling his reputation in this thread, then you're clearly not looking hard enough.

And once again, his legacy as WW is the GREATEST, meaning there is nothing left to show, and he's adding to his MIXED MARTIAL ARTS legacy.
He didn't need a test run at MW cause UFC needed a PPV star, and attempts to become two division champions sells. He also was supposed to defend, but contracted colitis, if you want to Eddie bravo it up and call bullshit, more power to you.
I just find it funny he contracts something that makes it difficult to maintain weight and rumors of LW/ pictures of him slimming down didn't kind prove it. You know the same photos people use to post "hgh" injection sites? Again that's one of those " it doesn't fit muh narrative" type ordeals.

His claim to fame is MMA not WW. Boxing GoATs never stayed in 1 class.

He literally cleared his division from 2006-2013. Then attained another in 2017. He literally has nothing to prove at WW. If you're Goat - what else is their to prove? You can believe he's the greatest of his era, cause he was, but he still the best WW of all time and this indisputable with facts, and even GSP haters admit this, as to why you cannot that's an answer you have to find yourselfm

As yes, this thread is 20+ pages long because everyone is loyal to gsp. You see justification, because he HAS more justification than practically anyone. If you can't see the just so adamant at dismantling his reputation in this thread, then you're clearly not looking hard enough.

And once again, his legacy as WW is the GREATEST, meaning there is nothing left to show, and he's adding to his MIXED MARTIAL ARTS legacy.
He didn't need a test run at MW cause UFC needed a PPV star, and attempts to become two division champions sells. He also was supposed to defend, but contracted colitis, if you want to Eddie bravo it up and call bullshit, more power to you.
I just find it funny he contracts something that makes it difficult to maintain weight and rumors of LW/ pictures of him slimming down didn't kind prove it. You know the same photos people use to post "hgh" injection sites? Again that's one of those " it doesn't fit muh narrative" type ordeals.

His claim to fame is MMA not WW. Boxing GoATs never stayed in 1 class.
"His claim to fame is MMA not WW. Boxing GoATs never stayed in 1 class."

lmao

"His claim to fame is MMA not WW. Boxing GoATs never stayed in 1 class."

lmao
You got me , unless their HWs you're correct. But afaik( i am probably wrong)most boxing enthusiast say SRR is GOAT and fought multiple divisions. Many of our generational greats are alsa multi divisional.

I guess you're use to not catching the point though, GSP legacy is more than WW. Especially now.

Tron is gonna need this since Georges has left the building.

tyron is such an obnoxious almost non fighter dude.

get on a ring, throw some punches. convince us you're a fighter, dude.

You got me , unless their HWs you're correct. But afaik( i am probably wrong)most boxing enthusiast say SRR is GOAT and fought multiple divisions. Many of our generational greats are alsa multi divisional.

I guess you're use to not catching the point though, GSP legacy is more than WW. Especially now.
For sure SRR and Armstrong showed the way...

But... Jus´curious... Remind me which boxing ATG went...down...to enhance his legacy?

For sure SRR and Armstrong showed the way...

But... Jus´curious... Remind me which boxing ATG went...down...to enhance his legacy?
Fair point brother, but why is it the case that rarely, if ever, anyone critcize TJ for wanting to fight DJ for a 2nd belt? Or Anthony Pettis attempt? How come not one single complaining for Randy couture? Everyone ever has said it enhanced his legacy to become a two division champions(also the first, kinda like what GSP is doing)even when it meant going down in weight.

Fair point brother, but why is it the case that rarely, if ever, anyone critcize TJ for wanting to fight DJ for a 2nd belt? Or Anthony Pettis attempt? How come not one single complaining for Randy couture? Everyone ever has said it enhanced his legacy to become a two division champions(also the first, kinda like what GSP is doing)even when it meant going down in weight.
I actually think that TJ shouldnt be calling the smaller guy, has to be the opposite... Unless a cash-cow is involved, of course...

My gawd you are stupid. GSP/Shields was April 2011. Read that date again and then read the tweet as Anderson started to call GSP out first and it was during the promo tour GSP was on for the Shields fight.

If you doubt that then account bet me I cannot find the proof of Anderson showing up to a press conference and calling GSP out for a fight during the Shields press tour. Lets do it. For once stand up for your position and be a man instead of hiding behind lies.
Kid, I proved that the fertitas were pushing for this fight as well.
Dana was pushing.
Anyone who was a fan of MMA was pushing, bar GSP fanboys who were desperately making up excuses as to why that fight did not make sense.

I actually think that TJ shouldnt be calling the smaller guy, has to be the opposite... Unless a cash-cow is involved, of course...
Trust me, as a GSP fan I don't necessarily like this, especially Nate as it's a miss match but I can also see WHY hes doing it

I don't know how you can say the MW champ fighting a LW isn't a bitch move.

Just like it was a bitch move to fight Bisping when for years he claimed to be too small to fight at MW when Silva was the champ.
In boxing this is the norm, in mma your a bitch.go figure

No im saying you can't duck someone from outside your weight class. MW was never GSP's weight class. And he has nothing to prove at WW he has done everything there, for years. If he can prove that he can make the cut to LW and be succesful there then it would further cement his legacy as the GOAT of the sport.
Sorry, but he has.
His weight class was WW. Claiming he does not have anything to prove while claiming he is proving something by NOT fighting against its champion it is asinine.

Kid, I proved that the fertitas were pushing for this fight as well.
Dana was pushing.
Anyone who was a fan of MMA was pushing, bar GSP fanboys who were desperately making up excuses as to why that fight did not make sense.
Until Silva acted a fool against Maia and Dana said he didn't deserve the fight.

Yoiu always run. Biggest coward on the forum. Watch how fast you run from my challenge above. Guarantee you won't take it up.
Take what?
We are discussing GSP. You are desperately trying to change the subject.
You fail. And you expose yourself since you can;t stay on topic.

Lol. I find it funny you're saying GSP is a bitch for trying to fight LW, when Silva was the one that was calling for a fight at a lower weight class, that he's also fought before, even lower than that at 167lb. Why did GSP at that time have to fight In a weight class that he'd never fought at, and has always said he'd have to prepare for, instead of Silva coming down to WW to fight in a weight class he has before? Is it he couldn't make the cut? Or did he add too much mass with the proven roid usage?

“The lowest I made was 77.9 kilos (171.7 pounds),” Silva said. “So I think it would be a possibility, but let’s wait.”

- January 14, 2017 8:00 pm - most recent post I could Google about a 170 test cut

You also bitch that GSP is ducking WW, while praising Silva who has openly stated he wouldn't fight certain champions in his division. I'll just Google one off the phone - https://mmajunkie.com/2017/01/ander...a-but-would-vacate-belt-rather-than-fight-him.

GSP getting 3 titles is a legacy no one has, beat every man he has ever faced(no unavenged losses for the retarded), most UFC wins, a Divisional GOAT, lineal WW & MW champ, & one of the first main stream PPV UFC stars. This MIGHT be the best resume in MMA ever - if he were to succeed.

In any case though, our little fun discussing this pretty meaningless as neither fighter wanted, muchless agreed to anything.( GSP vs Nate)

Stay toasty Sherdog.
Sorry, but you lost me here.
First you claim Silva fought at below WW, but then you call him a bitch for calling out GSP who was (according to your own stupid logic) on a WC above.
Then you try to please GSP was too small... yet GSP proved you wrong by fighting Bisping.

Now that he proved you wrong by fighting Bisping, you claim it was a heroic win, but then GSP is moving to LW and he is not a bitch???

You contradict yourself too much.

If by disapearing you mean having a life and not being able to lurk over the forum 24/7 like a little bitch, then yeah.
nah, it is still failing to answer a direct question... and you still haven't.

No one's changing subject... you brought up Silva as being ''the leader of the pack'' which is laughable, for the reasons stated above.

There's no need to attack Silva at all since he's not included in any serious P4P discussion, just like there's no need to defend GSP, since he's #1 P4P from any objective perspective.

I know it's tempting to call everyone a ''kid'' from your mommy's basement, but all it does is show how triggered you are. Ease down on it.
LOL not included.
If I am not mistaken, he was always voted above GSP... so please stop being delusional.

Attacking Silva just shows you can;t defend GSP without attempting to lower the bar...

He's right.

GFC would get murked and he knows it. Which is why he's going down in weight drastically in the first place.

LOL not included.
If I am not mistaken, he was always voted above GSP... so please stop being delusional.

Attacking Silva just shows you can;t defend GSP without attempting to lower the bar...

You are wrong, last 2 polls had GSP over Silva.

Back