name a fight that you swear would have a different outcome if they fought again.

Edit: I don't think Lawler is as damaged as wand either. Not even close.

It's pretty funny, I joined this forum to get in the Rampage/Wand threads. Everyone was counting out Rampage and the "Wanderlei washed him up" type resposnes were like a meme.

10+ years later, I've having the same damned conversations.

Down 2-0, people telling me Rory is done, with his busted nose, while his opponent is the one that wilts away.

Not to be a dick bro but I cant imagine what one could possibly see that would make them think this fight was a fluke.

Aldo is basic compared to Conor. Conor said that from the beginning and he wasnt lying. He called his shot and was even practicing in the locker room warming up the exact counter he caught Aldo with. Conor has only gotten better. Much, much better. Aldo had his chin cracked by Conor, and now has had his chin cracked a few more times. You would really bet on Aldo winning a rematch at this point?

IMO Rory is the superior fighter than Robbie. Yes Robbie is 2-0 technically against Rory, but he was well on his way to losing in that rematch until Rory's nose shattered in the 5th. I'm not saying its luck, just saying if they fought 10 times, I believe Rory would come out ahead.
I mean ok sure. I get anything can happen in a fight but Rory got two chances. In two chances he couldn't do it and suffered horrific damage trying. Seems most delusional to say a series favors the guy that couldn't find a way to win once.

Jon Jones vs Matt Hamill

It's pretty funny, I joined this forum to get in the Rampage/Wand threads. Everyone was counting out Rampage and the "Wanderlei washed him up" type resposnes were like a meme.

10+ years later, I've having the same damned conversations.

Down 2-0, people telling me Rory is done, with his busted nose, while his opponent is the one that wilts away.
I must have missed when Lawler fought A top ranked hw suffering a brutal ko, then quickly turned around and fought a top lhw suffering another brutal ko. It's almost like the circumstances aren't remotely the same and it's a pretty poor example.

Weird you didn't know that when you spend so much time here educating plebs apparently.

Stared at this post for the longest time until I figured out you meant Ken Shamrock.

Now Tito/Frank II sometime between 2000-02 would have been a sight to see... their first scrap is still on my Mt. Rushmore of MMA fights.

Oops, yeah I did mean Ken.

And yeah I woulda liked to have seen a rematch. It would have been awesome if Frank had gone to Pride as well, some great match-ups there as well. Frank vs Wanderlei would have been epic. Or Frank vs Rampage.

I must have missed when Lawler fought A top ranked hw suffering a brutal ko, then quickly turned around and fought a top lhw suffering another brutal ko. It's almost like the circumstances aren't exactly the same and it's a pretty poor example.

Weird you didn't know that when you spend so much time here educating plebs apparently.

Maybe I'm wrong about Rory/Lawler. Maybe I was wrong about Page/Wand, but Wand got old and it worked out for me. Who cares? Why you so salty? lol

I didn't say these situations are exactly the same. You're really trying hard to get me to say something I didn't. Like "these beatings are good for Rory", how the hell did you get that one btw?

I was only commenting how after 10 years, I'm still defending a guy that's down 0-2, and maybe that suggests something, like I'm desperate for a underdog.

Maybe I'm wrong about Rory/Lawler. Maybe I was wrong about Page/Wand, but Wand got old and it worked out for me. Who cares? Why you so salty? lol

I didn't say these situations are exactly the same. You're really trying hard to get me to say something I didn't. Like "these beats are good for Rory", how the hell did you get that one btw?

I was only commenting how after 10 years, I'm still defending a guy that's down 0-2, and maybe that suggests something, like I'm desperate for a underdog.

I'm not "salty" it just seemed like a silly thing to say. It's one thing when there's a flash ko or someone loses early in their career.

Rory was experienced by the time they fought. They fought twice, a decision and a fight that went over four rounds. Nobody slipped on a banana peel. Rory definitely took the worse damage between the two fights.

Given all that it seems strange to say well next time he'll get em. Even within the context of this thread.

I'm not "salty" it just seemed like a silly thing to say. It's one thing when there's a flash ko or someone loses early in their career.

Rory was experienced by the time they fought. They fought twice, a decision and a fight that went over four rounds. Nobody slipped on a banana peel. Rory definitely took the worse damage between the two fights.

Given all that it seems strange to say well next time he'll get em. Even within the context of this thread.

Cool. They fought twice and judges gave more rounds to Rory.

Crazy opinion that he could win if given another chance? Fine, call me crazy.

Rory vs Lawler. It was obvious Lawler was on the Juice when they fought the second time

Conor vs Aldo
Conor vs Nate 3
Babalu vs Chuck
GSP vs Serra
Gonzaga over crocop
Randleman over crocop
Anderson Silva beating Chael Sonnen
Every Brock fight ever.
Lindland knocking himself out
Nino VS Sakuraba
Frye Vs Tank

You could make a 10+ page list of fluke wins in MMA

you gonna think i'm crazy but FUCK IT and you lol:

Mir/Lesnar II

on the basis that no way should Mir have tried that jumping knee in the clinch, after which he fell down then strawberries. Mir had the muscle, and the skill, but not the fight IQ.

I've always thought this too, what was he doing haha!

Conor vs Aldo
Conor vs Nate 3
Babalu vs Chuck
GSP vs Serra
Gonzaga over crocop
Randleman over crocop
Anderson Silva beating Chael Sonnen
Every Brock fight ever.
Lindland knocking himself out
Nino VS Sakuraba
Frye Vs Tank

You could make a 10+ page list of fluke wins in MMA

Babalu vs Chuck? They did a rematch and Chuck won again?

Babalu vs Chuck? They did a rematch and Chuck won again?

I still think Babalu was more skilled than Chuck and should have won both fights. I think the the "Iceman" mystic over came him.

Back