Social [Plastic Waste] Startup turns trash into construction-grade building blocks

I think the real money-saving factor here is it only takes less than 5 days to build (assembles?) a house with these oversized lego blocks, in oppose to months.

There was an article a while back about a Welsh company that does the same thing, and they actually did the testings to verify that recycled-plastic bricks have four times the strength of concrete and twice the insulation. Building a house with them in Britain would cost £42,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...w-homes-built-18-tonnes-recycled-plastic.html

Who would want a house made out of plastic? F**k that.

Why should that cause you to hate making threads
Because he puts effort into making a lot of information presented in a clear fashion, and when people then just don't read it but still comment on it...yeah that would frustrate me too.

Because he puts effort into making a lot of information presented in a clear fashion, and when people then just don't read it but still comment on it...yeah that would frustrate me too.

I think it was 7 posts in before it was mentioned that the EU was a major polluter. I live in one of the cleaner center states in the USA, here we have been told over and over we were the second worst polluters on Earth per capita with China being the worst. I thought I was defending the people that only produce 1/4 of a % of the Earths pollution. It seems we have been the recipient of a large propaganda campaign.

I think it was 7 posts in before it was mentioned that the EU was a major polluter. I live in one of the cleaner center states in the USA, here we have been told over and over we were the second worst polluters on Earth per capita with China being the worst. I thought I was defending the people that only produce . 1/4 of a % of the Earths pollution. It seems we have been the recipient of a large propaganda campaign.
Yes, we have. A lot of EU legislation amounts to "greenwashing" the problems.

Who would want a house made out of plastic? F**k that.

If the building material is fire-proof, storm-proof, water-proof, offer four times the strength of concrete, provide twice the insulation, and pass all regulatory safety standard testings for two-story houses, then what's the technical reason for you to oppose them as a fine choice to build low-cost housings for those who really need a sturdy roof over their heads?

Would it make you feel better if these proprietary formulated plastic bricks are called "composites" instead, like they often do in other industries?

On a related note: when we re-do our roof a few years from now, the old shingles probably will be replaced with Tesla's advance solar roof tiles. I don't particularly care that they are essential plastic, as long as they do the job they promise to do.

Last edited:
On a related note: when we re-do our roof a few years from now, the old shingles probably will be replaced with Tesla's advance solar roof tiles. I don't particularly care that they are essential plastic, as long as they do the job they promise to do.
Sounds neat but how expensive is it compared to regular shingles?

I think it was 7 posts in before it was mentioned that the EU was a major polluter. I live in one of the cleaner center states in the USA, here we have been told over and over we were the second worst polluters on Earth per capita with China being the worst. I thought I was defending the people that only produce 1/4 of a % of the Earths pollution. It seems we have been the recipient of a large propaganda campaign.

Depends what you are measuring. The US is by far the biggest carbon polluter in history. Much worse than China or India. So in some cases it is true that you pollute more pr capita than China and India combined.

China is also spending billions on renewables, creating 100.000s of jobs in the sector. The US is bringing back coal.

Depends what you are measuring. The US is by far the biggest carbon polluter in history. Much worse than China or India. So in some cases it is true that you pollute more pr capita than China and India combined.

China is also spending billions on renewables, creating 100.000s of jobs in the sector. The US is bringing back coal.

The real point is that I was trying to defend the EU thinking it was a spotless clean recycle the heck out of everything zone.

The real point is that I was trying to defend the EU thinking it was a spotless clean recycle the heck out of everything zone.

lol ok. Yeah that´s certainly not true. But there are certainly shining beacons. Look at the US 16.5 tons of CO2 pr capita pr year vs Denmarks 0.06. Quite a difference there.

DcwC3cjW4AAICgC.jpg
Well it's a good thing the Europeans are taking action.

If the building material is fire-proof, storm-proof, water-proof, offer four times the strength of concrete, provide twice the insulation, and pass all regulatory safety standard testings for two-story houses, then what's the technical reason for you to oppose them as a fine choice to build low-cost housings for those who really need a sturdy roof over their heads?

Would it make you feel better if these proprietary formulated plastic bricks are called "composites" instead, like they often do in other industries?

That aside, I bet it's a bad investment. Land is valuable. If there's a plastic house on it, sellers won't be interested. There's a similar phenomenon with cheap prefab houses, you actually lose money on what you spent on the land purchase, probably also on what you spent on the installation, because nobody wants cheap ass house with cheap fixtures, cheap fittings, etc. It has no resale value. Sounds like the kind of financial decision a "poor" person would made though lol, deffo a poor person house.

That aside, I bet it's a bad investment. Land is valuable. If there's a plastic house on it, sellers won't be interested. There's a similar phenomenon with cheap prefab houses, you actually lose money on what you spent on the land purchase, probably also on what you spent on the installation, because nobody wants cheap ass house with cheap fixtures, cheap fittings, etc. It has no resale value. Sounds like the kind of financial decision a "poor" person would made though lol, deffo a poor person house.

that's being closed-minded. You can always dress it up and make it better than a traditional house. The technical advantages with plastic house is legit but we are poo-poo-ing because it's "plastic" even though it's better.. makes no sense..

Maybe these things should be thought about before the crap is made

What was the thinking in single-use disposable manufacturing? Apparently not much

Its a Kosher and Halal requirement.
No its not.
Here is a photo of how supermarkets sell fruits in Japan:
IMG_7359.jpg

Please read the full article. Japanese are actually super proud of having individually wrapped fruits and consider it a "great customer service".
A friend of mine from New Zealand, works in real estate company in Osaka. Every month they have random presentations. A few months ago, he decided to focus on the unnecessary use of paper in FAX MACHINES (yes, Japan still uses fax machines, even worst- they will ask my company to scan the email, fax it to them and then they scan it and save on their computer).
He presented them with several examples, including replacing the use of corks in wine industry, with metal caps. A japanese colleague of his asks:
- Are they using metal caps in french wines?- to which my friend reply:
- No, I dont think so.
- You see! - answers his colleague and turns with a smirk to his other japanese office staff, shaking head in "what are those foreigners thinking" way.
Here is the full article:
https://kbjanderson.com/life-in-japan-wrap-it-up-value-or-waste/

those monsters.... caring about their natural enviroment and making changes to preserve it

clearly those marxists have gone too far this time

Back