Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Haha! Gad Saad sounds like he is explaining things to a toddler. Can't imagine the level of his frustration.

This poor bastard is always explaining himself, he kept making satiric videos and then having to make follow-up videos explaining himself. And here he is again, Lol.

Just a general comparison to the female look from the flicks. This is the best comparison I've seen:

3f5d24eb545f5a0a658c04920dca3650--helena-bonham-carter-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

val.jpg

I mean, you gotta be pretty dishonest to not admit that there is at least some merit to that comparison.

This guy didn't disavow Roseanne. I think we all know what that means.

If you'd read the thread you'd hopefully had learned that comparing someone to an ape based solely on race and skin color (as in what Roseanne did) and the things you posted are not equal. Are these Bush memes based on his skin color and race (or some other discriminatory protected characteristic)m

Ah what the he'll am I kidding for, I know you won't understand that.

What if rather than being solely based on race and skin colour, a comparison to an ape-person is made due to an obvious resemblance?

Are you only allowed to make the observation if you're the right colour?

Isn't that racist?

Sorry. May have already been covered.

Even if you want to explain away the ape comment, which is sketchy when you consider that she has used the word ape as a disrespect towards a women of color before, you still have the fact that she insinuated that VJ was a member of The Muslim Brotherhood based solely from the fact she was born in Iran. Maybe if you're a celebrity you shouldn't go on public media and be an asshole if you don't want to look like one.

Just a general comparison to the female look from the flicks. This is the best comparison I've seen:

3f5d24eb545f5a0a658c04920dca3650--helena-bonham-carter-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

val.jpg

I mean, you gotta be pretty dishonest to not admit that there is at least some merit to that comparison.
I just don't see a resemblance between those two pictures, the pictures themselves are similar just because the composition and expression on their faces. Someone mentioned she was probably talking about the original Dr. Zira which I can kind of see. Her ex says she was looking for a way out of the show, I think that's a pretty solid theory about a pretty weak joke.

What if rather than being solely based on race and skin colour, a comparison to an ape-person is made due to an obvious resemblance?

Are you only allowed to make the observation if you're the right colour?

Isn't that racist?

Sorry. May have already been covered.
She's been under the microscope lately because people think she must be a bigot for supporting such a shitty president. She knows that's the perception which was the reason she pitched the episode where she meets the Muslims that change her outlook. Making the comparison just sort of validated what her detractors suspected of her. Whether it was true or not, she had no good reason to make the statement, especially at a time when all eyes are on her to slip up.

Yet a writer on the Rosanne show said the the same exact thing about Trump

That qualify as ABC?
Whether you agree with it or not, comparing a black person to an ape and comparing a white person to an ape will not be seen the same way, and with good reason, IMHO. It hurts black people on a much more visceral level to be called that than it does a white person because of the long history behind it that still goes on to this day...

I meant income from the trust . . .

They're not required to do so . . . right?

How many preceding presidents refused the salary as well?

If you are under the impression that past presidents moving assets into a blind trust some how meant they didn't leave office better off financially than when they started you're naïve dude . . .
I was referring to the trust.

I'm not naive, I'm aware of the history, but Trump is being blatant about it and taking it to a whole other level, and it doesn't set a good precedent.

YfDMzpn.jpg

F10KAlr.jpg

<Huh2>

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Or when he called MS13 animals recently. The left then said he was referring to all illegal immigrants.

This is Politics 101. Similar to when Obama said "You didn't build that" referring public roads and bridges used by businesses and not the actual businesses during a speech. Conservatives bent over backwards trying to argue he meant the businesses and not the good things that government can provide. I fear this will only get worse as people have shorter and shorter attention spans and get their news through Twitter.

No I don't think she did attack her in a vicious Kramer-like way there, I think she made a shitty joke that was ignorant and rude, which came from some screwed up ideas she has in her head. And I can't be inside her head, especially if she was on Ambien, but it looked like a pretty casual, offhand remark that popped into her head and out onto the keyboard without much thought.

Why do you suppose she chose to comment on this woman in particular? Just coincidence that she picked a friend of Obama and someone from his administration?

Why do you suppose she chose to comment on this woman in particular? Just coincidence that she picked a friend of Obama and someone from his administration?
I don't know why she singled her out. Do you know?

Why the CK thing? Here's what I posted about his "apology" letter btw:

Basically, I thought it was a phony apology and he wasn't sorry. Probably not the smartest move for you to bring that up. I think my views on the CK thing were well considered and fair.

I'm still correct that it was a joke. You need to admit that if we're going to get anywhere on that bit. It wasn't just clearly a joke, it was definitively a hacky and absolutely obvious joke. It was so obviously a joke that you would have to act like a Noah's Ark apologist to say that it's not one.

And like I said earlier, I didn't claim that comedy was beyond reproach, but I do think we should be careful. It deserves some special treatment.

Comedians ought to be given some leeway when they are trying to comment on sensitive topics and simply "miss." I don't think she was trying to do that here. I think she was trying to demene an Obama administration liberal by comparing her to a tired historical trope in exactly the same way she did with Susan Rice. My best interpretation is that she was making a lazy joke at the expense of someone just to get some retweets with no tconcern that the joke could be hurtful to the individual.

If Roseanne has such a widely-known problem with alcohol, what genius is prescribing her Ambien, and why is no one talking about that?

she doesn't look black to me, so who knows? I'm not the karma police.

052918-valerie-jarett-kal-1080x608.jpeg
She actually really looks like the Ape masks from the original.
A lot of white, or brown people look like apes, some Orientals, some blacks.

Ive never seen it as a race thing. I dont think black people look more or less like monkeys than other races. Just the occasional person regardless of skin tone sometimes looks like a missing link.

Anyways, Roseanne is a dummy.

Even if you want to explain away the ape comment, which is sketchy when you consider that she has used the word ape as a disrespect towards a women of color before, you still have the fact that she insinuated that VJ was a member of The Muslim Brotherhood based solely from the fact she was born in Iran. Maybe if you're a celebrity you shouldn't go on public media and be an asshole if you don't want to look like one.
im with you lefties on this one.

I don't find that joke to be really good. Although I don't think it's offensive, either. But my point is if you want to joke about race or rape you have to do so in a way that disarms the topic and doesn't position victims as something to be mocked. I think every joke has a little bit of a truth to it, and I guess with CK we saw what kind of fucked up way he had with abusing women...I don't view comedy as counter culture, it's escapism. I don't think it's really art either where boundaries can be pushed in the name of creating an experience, but even still art has morals.

You don't think that Jarett or her family might be offended?

Last edited:
Back