does types of salt really matter?

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i always get the cheapest salt i can get apparently alot of people like the pink Himalayan salt why does it really matter?

i always get the cheapest salt i can get apparently alot of people like the pink Himalayan salt why does it really matter?

If you don't get the pink stuff you're gay........

On a serious note, what are you talking about, what is the salt for?? Throwing over your left shoulder before a fight for luck...

I use the salt from the tears of my enemies.

The pink salt and Celtic sea salt have trace minerals that you don't really get elsewhere. I think the Celtic salt has all 84 minerals or some shit. Also, some people use them to flush halogen gasses from their body such as bromine and fluoride because they can inhibit your thyroids iodine absorption which can cause hypothyroidism.

~DaViD~
#NerdBash2018

The pink salt and Celtic sea salt have trace minerals that you don't really get elsewhere. I think the Celtic salt has all 84 minerals or some shit. Also, some people use them to flush halogen gasses from their body such as bromine and fluoride because they can inhibit your thyroids iodine absorption which can cause hypothyroidism.

~DaViD~
#NerdBash2018
<Lmaoo><45>

Brilliant.........

If you don't get the pink stuff you're gay........

On a serious note, what are you talking about, what is the salt for?? Throwing over your left shoulder before a fight for luck...
Throwing in opponent's eyes ?

so everyone who buys rock salt ect its just for taste right no difference in nutrition

Some salt hasn't been refined like table salt, so it contains other minerals from the environment it comes from. It's like refined sugar and cane sugar. Cane sugar has vitamins and some minerals-- that's the stuff they boil out when they make refined sugar-- the byproduct is molasses (molasses which contains all the stuff they took out of the sugar when they refined it, like iron, magnesium, etc.)

Some salt hasn't been refined like table salt, so it contains other minerals from the environment it comes from. It's like refined sugar and cane sugar. Cane sugar has vitamins and some minerals-- that's the stuff they boil out when they make refined sugar-- the byproduct is molasses (molasses which contains all the stuff they took out of the sugar when they refined it, like iron, magnesium, etc.)

Some "Rock" salt has been refined and then just recrystallised to look like "Rock" salt, same with sea salt.

The pink salt and Celtic sea salt have trace minerals that you don't really get elsewhere. I think the Celtic salt has all 84 minerals ~DaViD~
#NerdBash2018

This is basically true, but what the marketing departments left out is that the dosage of "trace" minerals present in most artisanal salts is so low they could pass for homeopathic medicine. They're still almost entirely sodium chloride.

Realistically the biggest thing you want out of your salt is iodine unless you eat fish and seaweed 5-7 days per week.

Hain foods makes a low cost sea salt that's iodized.

Any good sea salt is fine. Like above states Himalayan is largely marketing. Although does look cool lol.

Has anyone read into Stan Efferdings theories on sodium btw? Up to 10 grams a day!

I like sea salt. The pink stuff is silly. Sure it has trace elements but who the fuck needs uranium in their body?

Just make sure it's iodized. Otherwise there's no minerals in it really

Back