International [Arab-Israeli Conflict, v4] Israel Sets Goal of Doubling the Jewish Population on the Golan Heights

That's in reference to the Arab nations surrounding Israel, not the Palestinians themselves. Why do you continue to conflate the two? Very misleading and dishonest of you.

Then why did you include the surrounding Arab countries in your statement below. You mention all the Arabs in the conflict so why can't I?

"Your own figures show it was disproportional with the Israelis killing 2-3x as many Arabs. Discounting the troops of the Arab armies and the Israelis you have 2,400 civilians killed on the Israeli side and 8,000 to 16,000 civilians killed on the Arab side. So no, I wouldn't agree it was proportional. Then you add in the campaign of terror and displacement by the Israelis and we can see how disproportionate the affair was in general."

I didn't concede shit, I was merely asking what the relevance of that statement is. I don't want to get into the historic Palestinian identity, I'm confining myself to the modern conflict. Like I said even if that is true, keyword being if, its even more true for the Israelis who were just Russians and Poles who moved to Palestine and not some primordial group of Israelis.

Oh so now you don't want to get into it... LOL ok dodge noted.

I've mentioned my suggests multiple times. Suffice to say I don't have faith that the Zionsits will allow them to have their own state or to be equals within one state and would prefer to maintain the status quo so as to continue displacing Palestinians for their own ends.

You should question their Arab brethren as well and not just Israel on that topic, they had a huge influence in the Palestinian's not having their own state.

Then why did you include the surrounding Arab countries in your statement below. You mention all the Arabs in the conflict so why can't I?

"Your own figures show it was disproportional with the Israelis killing 2-3x as many Arabs. Discounting the troops of the Arab armies and the Israelis you have 2,400 civilians killed on the Israeli side and 8,000 to 16,000 civilians killed on the Arab side. So no, I wouldn't agree it was proportional. Then you add in the campaign of terror and displacement by the Israelis and we can see how disproportionate the affair was in general."
Because your figures didn't distinguish between Palestinian civilians and Egyptian, Jordanian, or Syrian ones.
Oh so now you don't want to get into it... LOL ok dodge noted.
I already know your mind is made up and so I don't care to argue with a brick wal on that matterl. In fact my patience with you generally has already ben worn pretty thin so I'd rather not go into the
history. But if it wasn't clear I don't concede that the Palestinians didn't have an identity before the 20th century or that they're indistinguishable from their neighbors.

So I'm not dodging anything, I addressed your arguments on that matter in the other thread is all.
You should question their Arab brethren as well and not just Israel on that topic, they had a huge influence in the Palestinian's not having their own state.
They do but most of the blame falls on Israel, the entity that has actually displaced and disenfranchised the Palestinians. I know Zionist apologists like you like to endlessly deflect, to Hamas and to the other Arab countries, but at the end of the day the most persistent obstacle to a Palestinian state has always been Israel itself.

I don't care to endlessly go at it with you ITT, you just want to pat yourself on the back and talk about "all sides" BS. Have the last word because I'm done wasting my time with you.

Because your figures didn't distinguish between Palestinian civilians and Egyptian, Jordanian, or Syrian ones.

I had 3 points:

"- The conflicts in the Palestinian Mandate looked to be proportional.
- The casualties looked proportional to the population but much more Arabs displaced in the Civil War.
- 1948 Arab-Israel war. 6,373 killed (about 4,000 troops and 2,400 civilians) -Israeli, Between 12,000 and 20,000 (troops and civilians)among which 4,000 soldiers for Egypt, Jordan and Syria with much more Arabs displaced"

You chose to focus on the Israel-Arab War. So how am I misleading when I'm addressing your arguments? Would you rather discuss the violence in the Palestinian Mandate or the Civil War because both show that there were multiple factors that lead to the Israelis winning and Arabs running.

I already know your mind is made up and so I don't care to argue with a brick wal on that matterl. In fact my patience with you generally has already ben worn pretty thin so I'd rather not go into the
history. But if it wasn't clear I don't concede that the Palestinians didn't have an identity before the 20th century or that they're indistinguishable from their neighbors.

So I'm not dodging anything, I addressed your arguments on that matter in the other thread is all.

Well they weren't distinct enough to want their own state from 48-67 while the Arabs held Gaza and the West Bank. Them being content with being Jordanian, Syrian or Pan Arab citizens during that time speaks louder than anything else I've heard.

And on the other thread you didn't address my arguments, you just left.

They do but most of the blame falls on Israel, the entity that has actually displaced and disenfranchised the Palestinians. I know Zionist apologists like you like to endlessly deflect, to Hamas and to the other Arab countries, but at the end of the day the most persistent obstacle to a Palestinian state has always been Israel itself.

I don't care to endlessly go at it with you ITT, you just want to pat yourself on the back and talk about "all sides" BS. Have the last word because I'm done wasting my time with you.

pat.gif

Israel considering law to ban photographing or filming of IDF soldiers
Israel’s parliament is to consider a law banning the photographing or filming of soldiers, in what critics claim is a “dangerous” attempt to undermine scrutiny of the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).

Under the proposed legislation, entitled the “Prohibition against photographing and documenting IDF Soldiers”, those found photographing troops “with the intention of undermining the spirit” of the army can be punished by up to 10 years in prison.
“Anyone who filmed, photographed, and/or recorded soldiers in the course of their duties, with the intention of undermining the spirit of IDF soldiers and residents of Israel, shall be liable to five years imprisonment,” says the bill, proposed by Robert Ilatov, a member of the Knesset and the chairman of the right-wing nationalist Yisrael Beiteinu party.
Really gives you confidence that the IDF is respecting human rights doesn't it?

How hard can it possibly be to get some fissionable plutonium from the Paki's? Well I guess if the Iranians can't even get some, the Palis definitely won't.

Kites = antisemitic

Hiring 12 year olds who have been expelled from schools as consultants for creative ideas of ways to cause harm is actually brilliant

Israel blames Iran for Gaza border violence
7 June 2018

_101921265_9f1ffcc2-139c-4e98-b435-c1102ff130a0.jpg

Israel has accused Iran of fuelling recent violence on the Gaza border that has seen more than 100 Palestinians killed amid protests against Israel.

Israeli military aircraft dropped leaflets on Gaza on Thursday, warning Palestinians not to approach the border fence for their own safety.

The leaflets urged people not to become "a tool" of the militant group Hamas, which dominates Gaza, alleging that its agenda was driven by Iran.

Fresh protests are planned for Friday.

It will be the last Friday of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan and also al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day in Iran, when demonstrations are held against Israel.

Some 123 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and thousands more wounded since a protest campaign began on 30 March, Gaza's health ministry says.

The demonstrations have seen thousands of Palestinians mass on the border in support of the declared right of Palestinian refugees to return to their ancestral homes in what is now Israel.

Human rights groups have accused Israeli troops of using excessive force. Israel has said they have only opened fire in self-defence or on people trying to infiltrate its territory under the cover of the protests.

'Violent assault'
_101921269_c440982f-5c8d-4319-965d-65e0df072ba2.jpg

Flaming kites sent from Gaza during the protests have burnt 2,250 acres of land in Israel
Speaking at the end of a visit to London on Thursday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the Palestinians could "protest as much as they want... but Hamas is organising a violent assault into Israel with a view of destroying us, which they openly proclaim, in order to break the border fence and kidnap and murder Israelis that are [living] 100 metres away.

"The last thing we want is any violence, the last thing we want is casualties, and the last thing we want is confrontation," he said.

Mr Netanyahu said Israel's military was working on developing non-lethal means of tackling violent mass protests.

"We tried water-cannon, we tried tear gas, we tried all sorts of other devices, but none has worked against this kind of tactic," he said. "They're working on it and given our record we probably will figure out something, but we haven't gotten it yet."

In the leaflets dropped on Gaza Israel's military repeated its warning to Palestinians to not go near the heavily-fortified border fence.

"For your own benefit, it is better that you not participate in the violent riots at the fence, not attempt to breach it, and not permit Hamas to turn you into a tool to advance its narrow agenda," the message said.

"Behind this agenda is Shia Iran, which has made it its mission to inflame tensions in the region for the sake of its religious and sectarian interests."

Iran is a major supporter of Hamas, which it backs financially and militarily. The two sides fell out after Hamas refused to support Iran's ally, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, in the civil war in Syria, but they have since reconciled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44401541

Iran defiant as it holds day of anti-Israel protests
AFPJune 8, 2018

269ef8bb36010a9af5527256adba625bcc72389e.jpg

Iranian protestors burn an effigy of US President Donald Trump dressed in an Israeli flag during a rally to mark Qods Day in Tehran on June 8, 2018

Tehran (AFP) - Iran held its annual day of protest against Israel on Friday, determined to show defiance at a time of mounting pressure from the United States and its regional allies.

"The US, Saudi Arabia and Israel want to put Iran in a corner, but they don't know that with this action they are threatening their own security," said parliament speaker Ali Larijani, addressing a crowd in Tehran.

Thousands took to the streets in the capital and other cities for Qods (Jerusalem) Day, held every year since the early days of Iran's Islamic revolution to show support for the Palestinians.

This year's event saw the usual burning of flags and chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel", as well as a huge Donald Trump figure being hanged from a crane.

But it comes at a time when Iran is under increasing economic pressure after the US pulled out of the 2015 nuclear deal and prepares to reimpose crippling sanctions on the Islamic republic -- a move that has been cheer-led by Israel.

"The supreme leader told us we should come in large numbers to show the world that the actions of the US and Israel will not have any effect on our people," said Hassan Dorabi, a 30-year-old teacher.

The mood, as ever, was a mix of political rage and family fun, with children singing songs on stages and throwing darts at portraits of Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi crown prince Mohammad bin Salman.

Many were adamant that Iran is merely supporting the Palestinian people, and is not planning a military attack as Israel fears.

"We have never in our history started a war against any country and we are not going to in the future," said Hassan Ruholamini, a 33-year-old artist.

Afateh Salehi, a 58-year-old army employee, said Iranians "want all people to live in peace together".

"We don't want any country to attack another. We are not animals. We could live with Israel but today they want to destroy the countries around them piece by piece," he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-def...s-101220240.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

To be fair in WW2 we strapped firebombs to bats and dropped them on Japanese cities and it worked.

One hint of antisemitism and this fucking thread is fucking gone.

Gazans send fire-starting kites into Israel to burn farmlands and forests
By Dan Williams and Nidal al-Mughrabi​

Palestinians are sending kites dangling coal embers or burning rags across the Gaza border to set fire to farmland and forests, in a new tactic that an Israeli minister said should be countered with "targeted assassinations".

At least 120 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli troops during mass demonstrations along the Gaza border since March 30 and the men sending the kites over the fence believe they have found an effective new weapon.

"It began spontaneously. We never thought we would achieve such good results," said Shadi, one of five Palestinian teenagers preparing kites with fabric dipped in diesel and lubricant oil in a Gaza field.

"The idea is simple: use the simplest tools to cause damage and losses on the Occupation (Israel)," said Shadi, 19, wearing a "V for Vendetta" mask favored by protesters in many parts of the world and who, like the others, declined to give his last name.

r

Palestinians prepare to fly a kite loaded with flammable material to be thrown at the Israeli side, near the Israel-Gaza border in the central Gaza Strip, June 4, 2018.

No one has been hurt by the fires, but some 2,250 acres (910 hectares) of fields and nature reserves, already parched after a dry winter, have been burned by flames stoked by Mediterranean winds, causing $2.5 million in damage, Israel's government said.

Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said Israeli snipers should shoot the kite flyers.

"I expect the IDF (Israeli army) to handle these kite-flyers exactly as they would any terrorist, and the IDF’s targeted assassinations must also apply to these kite-flyers."

Israel has drafted in civilian drone enthusiasts as army reservists, instructing them to fly their remote-controlled aircraft into the kites, an Israeli general said.

"If their drone ends up getting lost in the process, we compensate them," he told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The army has also fitted larger surveillance drones with weighted fishing lines or blades that can snag or slash kite strings in mid-air, the general said.

But he acknowledged the limitations of such measures, saying: "We'll probably end up having to shoot kite-flyers too."

r

A tractor drives in a smoking field during a fire in an area where Palestinians have been causing blazes by flying kites and balloons loaded with flammable materials, on the Israeli side of the border between Israel and the Gaza Strip, near kibbutz Nir Am, June 5, 2018.

Daniel Ben-David, a forestry official for Israel's quasi-governmental Jewish National Fund, said some kites had been decorated with swastikas or the Palestinian national colors, but more recently were made of transparent nylon sheeting.

Some had leaflets attached. "Prepare for a scorching summer," read one, in Hebrew.

In Gaza, kite-maker Shadi said his group had never used swastikas on their kites. He confirmed that transparent plastic was the best material as it made the kites almost invisible against the sky.

Even if the protests wind down, he and others will continue to send the kites - some of which carry the photos of Palestinians killed in the demonstrations - he said.

"Each kite costs us 10 shekels ($2.80). We pay it for it out of our own pockets," Shadi said.

A senior White House envoy, Jason Greenblatt, described the kites as "not harmless playthings or metaphors for freedom (but) propaganda and indiscriminate weapons".

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1J127C

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back