Eating Pizza before workout

mmahorse

i am what i am
Banned
Reaction score
Whats wrong with pizza as a pre-workout meal.

If you break down the food its:

1. Yeast Extract + Flour for the dough ( carbs)
2. Cheese (Good source of Dairy)
3. Tomato Sauce (Good source of potassium)
4. Ham (Good source of protein, even if its processed)
5. Olives (Many different health benefits)
6. Capsicum (Many different health benefits)
7. Pineapple (Many different health benefits)
8. Onions (Many different health benefits)

Ok so we add some oil for cooking, but we do that anyway with pretty much every meal.

Fact: Has alot of:
KJ - Energy !
Carbs !
Protein !

Which is kind of perfect for a few hours before you workout, since you are gonna burn it off anyway.

i go by how i feel and i feel like dog shit if i eat pizza before anything athletic

It takes quite a few hours for your body to digest a pizza properly, so I can't think of it being any good pre-workout unless you ate it the night before for instance. But if that works for you then why not.

always confused by these posts, if it works for you that is the only thing which matters

that being said, Ive had pizza a number of times for lunch before training later on in the day (cant go full black hole mode and destroy an entire pie to the face, but its an easy source of carbs)

TS, You don't need to go on Sherdog to justify your crap diet, if you want to be a fat fuck....you crack on......

Mickey enjoys few slices of pizza before his fights. Do as you feel.

this should be a challenge.. eat an entire pizza and run 5 miles

It's not that bad as you can take your time.

I'd say eat an entire pizza and go for 10 rounds of sparring.

Have fun farting your whole workout

Thats incorrect saying pizza gonna make you fart, because its a known fact that vegetables is what does that, like beans, brocolli,cauliflow and cabbage. These veggies contain elements which are difficult break down which then leads to gas.

Personally, If I have pizza, then give it 3 hours, I feel I can do more running/lifting/hiking/kick boxing/sparring with minimal sleep. And after no injuries!

I didn't put on any weight, nor lose any weight as I probably burned off 1000 calories at gym.
But I felt I had enough energy to have a good workout for 3 hours.
(I wouldn't recommend this if you wanted to cut weight, but maybe something to have for a good workout)

You could make it healthier by making your own.
Wholemeal flour, real chicken, lite mozza cheese, homemade tomato paste.

You are right. Pizza is immune to causing farts. The only time in my whole life I have farted is after a salad. Solid point.

Thats incorrect saying pizza gonna make you fart, because its a known fact that vegetables is what does that, like beans, brocolli,cauliflow and cabbage. These veggies contain elements which are difficult break down which then leads to gas.

Personally, If I have pizza, then give it 3 hours, I feel I can do more running/lifting/hiking/kick boxing/sparring with minimal sleep. And after no injuries!

I didn't put on any weight, nor lose any weight as I probably burned off 1000 calories at gym.
But I felt I had enough energy to have a good workout for 3 hours.
(I wouldn't recommend this if you wanted to cut weight, but maybe something to have for a good workout)

You could make it healthier by making your own.
Wholemeal flour, real chicken, lite mozza cheese, homemade tomato paste.

Are you a shill for a large chain of Pizza restaurants.....

Couldn’t think of anything worse pre workout! Would take forever to digest and you’d just feel sluggish as hell

it would take a bit to get over the sluggishness.

I do not think it's a good thing. and there are a number of reasons for this

Hell im the type of guy to destroy a whole pie while on a treadmill

A real follow up to your question. I ate 2 slices of pizza and some cheese bread along with a bottle of water. Waited approx 3 hours and went for a fast tempo outdoor run for about 1.5 miles. No issue, felt great actually.

I normally don’t eat like that before a run. If this was routine it would eventually make you under perform.

Back