WNBA trying to shame folks into watching?

BrotherClaudio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im surprised they didn't get Hillary to do the voice over on their new commercial.

Basically they are saying you need to support WNBA because WOMEN! It's a very odd add.

Basically they are saying you need to support WNBA because WOMEN! It's a very odd add.
Is that even what they are saying though? All the WNBA ads I see are just regular sports ads with basketball highlights.

Is that even what they are saying though? All the WNBA ads I see are just regular sports ads with basketball highlights.
This add was very odd, it was basically demanding you enjoy it

This add was very odd, it was basically demanding you enjoy it
Must be a different one than I keep seeing then. The one I'm thinking of is just a bunch of layups with an annoying Dej Loaf song (or someone who sounds like her) playing in the background.

I don't even like watching mens college basketball. Hell there are about 20 teams in the NBA not worth watching, the sport is very difficult and if the players aren't totally elite it shows.

I'm shocked the league still exists. The NBA should just pull the plug on it.

I've never met a dude in real life that openly admits to watching the WNBA. I've asked several friends this over time and I always get the "WTF look".

I bet occasionally on the wnba so i watch a game here and there. the play is absolutely atrocious. they really suck. bad. bitches be air balling layups.

but that isn't even the main problem. i don't need them to look like playboy models, but most of them no longer even look human. even by butch lesbian standards, the vast majority of them are atrocious. i mean they are scary. i have no interest in watching these things suck at sports

Agreed. When I want to watch a sport, I want to watch the very best in the world there is in said sport. Women are not even close to the best in the world at the sports I like to watch, so watching them play is pointless to me.

I'd rather watch the Women's College Softball tournament than watch most of the WNBA. Although, I'll admit me and my roommate got pretty hype watching the LA Sparks win the title a few years ago. It was a good game. No more, no less.

People are either going to support something or they won't. You can't shame them into liking the WNBA.

I've never met a dude in real life that openly admits to watching the WNBA. I've asked several friends this over time and I always get the "WTF look".

Yeah, women don't even watch that shit.

Here are 2 very similar, readily available products, except that one is usually pretty good, and the other one is nearly always awful.

Which one would you like to spend your time and money on?

The funniest thing I saw is the commercial where they have NBA stars saying scripted bullshit like "I actually learn a lot from watching them" and other nauseating crap like that. Basketball is probably the worst female sport. Little to no above the rim game, uncoordinated, they're not explosive, they're awkward, not skilled, can't really shoot either. WMMA is A LOT better actually.

Every now and then I see a commercial with highlights or I'll be in a bar and a women's college basketball or WNBA game will be on. The level of play is pretty bad. I think the AAU team I played on when I was a kid would beat them. At least one of our players ended up playing college ball (I lost touch with most of them after that) and we all had good fundamentals and could shoot and some of us could dunk or at least get rim.

The funniest thing I saw is the commercial where they have NBA stars saying scripted bullshit like "I actually learn a lot from watching them" and other nauseating crap like that.
Ha! I remember that one; I think my BS meter broke from overuse after I saw that commercial. You could tell they are all reading off a teleprompter, and unlike a lot of the "support our troops" or "____ awareness" things they do, most of the guys weren't even trying to hide it.

If I wanted to watch horses run I'd go to the track.

Basketball is probably the worst female sport.

You clearly haven't watched women's hockey.

"We're equal. We can do anything the men can do!"

Rule #1 - No body checking because your delicate female bodies can't withstand it.

Last edited:
Back