latest rumors on WBSS: 140 and 118, Inoue possibly in

jp news reports
inoue wants donaire 1st round
then tete

Glad they're doing another one but they need to get the current competition finals closed asap.

I'm gagging to watch Gassiev vs Usyk!!

jp news reports
inoue wants donaire 1st round
then tete
I don't think that happens, and I say that because the WBSS has a pretty strict seeding process: titlists first, each ranked by TBRB ratings. Inoue is the regular WBA titlist, so I think he's going to have to face one of the big four titlists. However, if Oubaali ends up competing without the WBC title (which could happen, since it sounds like his fight with Sor Chitpattana might fall through), then it's possible Inoue gets to pick Donaire.

I don't think that happens, and I say that because the WBSS has a pretty strict seeding process: titlists first, each ranked by TBRB ratings. Inoue is the regular WBA titlist, so I think he's going to have to face one of the big four titlists. However, if Oubaali ends up competing without the WBC title (which could happen, since it sounds like his fight with Sor Chitpattana might fall through), then it's possible Inoue gets to pick Donaire.

we'll see

but boxing finds a way to prioritize big fights/money over anything else
from inoue's perspective, he wants the biggest names to build his resume
burnett is kind of, eh

Glad they're doing another one but they need to get the current competition finals closed asap.

I'm gagging to watch Gassiev vs Usyk!!

Is there any word on that fight being re- scheduled?

Is there any word on that fight being re- scheduled?

July apparently but they're still not set on a venue so its not been announced, looks like Jeddah (Arabia) is off, they'd like it in Russia but Usyk may be opposed to it for obvious reasons but that would be the biggest market for the fight.

that's pretty dope.

i hope naoya gets someone that will manage to at least fight back a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back