Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

fucking disgusting on Yoel and his team part.
if the commission said they stopped it early for fighter's safety, then they can eat a dick. that is what the commission is for - fighter's safety.

May the soldier of God in you, be with you, for you! A Man!

This just show how bad that call was. If Yoel was in such a weakened state that the commission had to stop his weight cut, then the fight should have been called off as well. That's what was done when a commission stopped Holloway's weight cut. It's the logical thing to do. Interrupting the weight cut and allowing the fight to go on makes no sense if the weight cut was interrupted for health reasons in the first place.
^This.

it absurd that the commission doctor can say you are suffering ill effects of dehydration and I order the cut stopped, or worse as was Rumble and the ordered immediate IV int he Belfort fight and they still let them continue to fight the next day.

Remember NY comission? Sue them all until they are professional again.

I think fighters need to start sending a message to these commissions...to stay out of it...let the fighter do what he has to do to make weight...mind your business...more fighters need to do this...commissions might be far less eager to step in next time..

What a dumb, stupid thing to say. Had to say both of those for emphasis. Want to see what happens if an MMA fighter drops dead from a weight cut because the commission didn't monitor their health?

Politicians will get involved like they did in the early 2000's and fucking legislate MMA out of existence, like they nearly did.

The commission followed its own rules. Yoel should've been a professional and made weight. He toed the line, and got fucked. Good on the commission.

This what I’m thinking as well. Talk to much, so they planning play the system. Commission only has say she heard what they was planning to do, So she made him weigh in. Then dumbass told the whole world what they was planning on doing.

Which commissions should put stop to it, people doing this. Miss weight first time it’s 25%. If you need 1 hr to make it’s 50%, the full 2 hrs make it 75%. If you miss weight on the two mark 100%.

That will make people stop missing weight.
Just a small fine for the extra hours would be better, not for the final weight miss, but the chance to extend weigh-in period.

He won't need to anymore. 4 pm weigh ins are officially back per Dana.
Yeah, he has been claiming that fighters want the old system back, "they are not morning people" lol, talking about how to make your fighters look unprofessional, i remember every documental on Canelo and other boxers on how they wake up really early to go running, and now Dana say his fighters wake up late so he has to move weigh ins later so they dont miss weight...Yet every fighter whn asked they like the current system better.

Yeah, he has been claiming that fighters want the old system back, "they are not morning people" lol, talking about how to make your fighters look unprofessional, i remember every documental on Canelo and other boxers on how they wake up really early to go running, and now Dana say his fighters wake up late so he has to move weigh ins later so they dont miss weight...Yet every fighter whn asked they like the current system better.

Every fighter wants early morning weigh ins? I saw Eddie and some other fighters complaining but that doesn't mean every single one of them want it.

I doubt Mayweather would want to wake up at 6 or 7 am to weigh in. He goes out for runs and to the gym at 2 am sometimes.

Every fighter wants early morning weigh ins? I saw Eddie and some other fighters complaining but that doesn't mean every single one of them want it.

I doubt Mayweather would want to wake up at 6 or 7 am to weigh in. He goes out for runs and to the gym at 2 am sometimes.
Every fighter media has been asking, i saw some interviews with ufc 225 fighters all of them liked early better.

As the UFC insists on having events outside of Vegas, you can count on unprofessional fuck ups. ACs with no fucken experience

I mean 2 hrs until next weigh in but the commission can stop it at anytime if they think it’s getting too dangerous. That’s always the case. I don’t think Romero has a case her especially considering there’s a video of him trying to walk in agony after the weigh in

Last edited:
I do think Yoel should fight the athletic commission.

In the cage, all at the same time.

It is if it's the rule they have in place
While I get what you're saying, the point I'm making is it undermines the rule to

a) purposely miss weight with the intention of using extra time

b) come out and publicly admit that they had no intention of making weight during the initially scheduled weigh-in.

That is how it works, though. Wrestlers do it fairly regularly. Even at very low level high school wrestling meets people use the window. Romero is a wrestler. He's likely done it before a number of times.
Risky business after missing weight twice for your last fight..

While I get what you're saying, the point I'm making is it undermines the rule to

a) purposely miss weight with the intention of using extra time

b) come out and publicly admit that they had no intention of making weight during the initially scheduled weigh-in.
I generally don't like gaming the system - which the whole premise of weight cutting is to begin with - but it's not too terrible. Kind of undermines the point of having a weigh in time though.

I mean, if their account of the situation is accurate, he should. But I'm not going to rush to judgment claiming these are the most credible people in the game.
Yea sounds like an unfair situation if true. But who knows with these people. Neither the commission nor Romero or his manager scream credibility.

Back