My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

Decent technique. Looks like you're going for more speed than power though (even though its not super fast), which makes sense in TKD competitions I guess. If you turned your hips earlier and really whipped your leg rather than pushing it, it might land even harder and quicker.

The best comparison would be an old George Foreman. Slow as shit, but bad news for the opponent if he lands.

That's right. I actually landed one on a big 3rd Dan fucker at a grading session, and he cringed badly lol. I felt bad but the instructor was examining.. And I desperately needed to do well..

Decent technique. Looks like you're going for more speed than power though (even though its not super fast), which makes sense in TKD competitions I guess. If you turned your hips earlier and really whipped your leg rather than pushing it, it might land even harder and quicker.

Yeah I posted this one with the shin for matty da ranga.

I'm a red belt (belt before black) in Taekwondo.

Do I kick better than an average MMA/UFC guy? I have never been to an MMA gym.

giphy (3).gif
Actually the best strike I've seen by you. It's a little telegraphed and I don't don't prefer the foot, but it could definitely work.

My problem is they have no set ups it' just the same goddamn kick over and over.

Heh, Muay Thai roundhouse or what? Maybe I should do some sparring with them just for fun.

You know you're special when your kicking leg drags your hips and standing leg around.

Solid TKD style kick, but the problem is you can't hurt anyone your size with it, because:

1. You use the TKD/karate style snap kick. These snap kicks trade speed for power, which will be useless, since you're not aiming for a headshot, as well as your set up taking really long. In a real fight, once you're huffing&puffing, and moving around with your opponent, you'll lose 30% of the technique/power. To have an effective, full proof strike, you must train it so you can do it with flawless perfection at any given moment.

2. Hitting with the foot is more dangerous in a real fight, kick with your lower shinbone

3. Try to learn the "Muay Thai" roundhouse. Watch how those guys do it. Unlike TKD/Karate guys, their leg is relaxed, and theyrth swinging it like a bat/ like dead weight, which greatly increases power sometimes speed. It's superior to TKD kick in many ways, but the only drawbacks are that it's usually slower, and that it's setup can be a bit trickier.

Solid TKD style kick, but the problem is you can't hurt anyone your size with it, because:

1. You use the TKD/karate style snap kick. .

Um no, I am swinging it like a bat and driving through the target. It is not a snap kick. Snap kicks flick out the foot and then retract.

_20180613_021240.JPG

_20180613_020641.JPG

Last edited:
I'll tell you guys what I want to try for fun. In my TKD club against the high level guys, they see me loading up on the kick and stay away, and kick me long range and use their speedy footwork.

But what happens if I spar a Muay Thai guy instead.. Don't they like.. close range....?

.WuLbJB4.gif

Last edited:
I'll tell you guys what I want to try for fun. In my TKD club against the high level guys, they see me loading up on the kick and stay away, and kick me long range and use their speedy footwork.

But what happens if I spar a Muay Thai guy instead.. Don't they like.. close range....?

.View attachment 393097
Against someone with exp? They'll teep you on the load or get ready to check

Against someone with exp? They'll teep you on the load or get ready to check

But they do stand toe to toe and trade blows more, if you know what I mean.

I would also like to taste their power to the body. My prediction is that they don't kick as hard. Perception being that they grind each other out more. Kick slower. Tend to be flatfooted. Etc. I think their style of fighting fits me better even though my kicks are not MT. I won't be chasing them around as much. There's a great club nearby that I could pay a visit.

Last edited:
But they do stand toe to toe and trade blows more, if you know what I mean.

I would also like to taste their power to the body. My prediction is that they don't kick as hard. Perception being that they grind each other out more. Kick slower. Tend to be flatfooted. Etc. I think their style of fighting fits me better even though my kicks are not MT. I won't be chasing them around as much. There's a great club nearby that I could pay a visit.

Please

Back