Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

then khabib should get some shade for his Tibau fight and Colby did great against Griffin. I still don't think cage pressing should equate to winning a fight.
It should be if the striking is about even. If you can't stop it that's your fault. Plus it's extremely exhausting and wears down your arms. So it does something. Jake Shields did it to Tyron tho Jake isn't that good in the clinch but guess what he controlled and outworked him. Wasn't exciting but Tyron couldn't stop it so he needs to scout it better. Same goes to RDA and Tib.

Nonsensical comparison. Khabib takes people down and mauls them. Colby did no such thing against RDA; for the most part, his take downs were stuffed and he held RDA against the cage. Not sure why you think these things are analogous.

That being said, I had no problem with Colby's performance. I think that game plan was his only path to victory, and he executed it perfectly.
what a crock of shit.

to compare, usman was 8 for 19 against meek who is booty as hell and nowhere near RDA - and yet somehow i keep hearing how much of a powerhouse wrestler he is. colby was 7 for 18 against an elite tier fighter in RDA, that is not bad by any means.

seems like chaos is held to different standards

what a crock of shit.

to compare, usman was 8 for 19 against meek who is booty as hell and nowhere near RDA - and yet somehow i keep hearing how much of a powerhouse wrestler he is. colby was 7 for 18 against an elite tier fighter in RDA, that is not bad by any means.

seems like chaos is held to different standards
most of the people who think Usman has elite wretling have probably never wrestled and don't understand the difference between a high level D1 guy and a high level D2 guy.

Don't bother. Khabib hugged the shit out of RDA before his defensive wrestling massively evolved and Khabib barely threw anything on the feet. People just have a bias when it comes to Colby. I wonder how bad they'll hate him after he cage presses tyron for 5 rounds.
WHAT!? Khabib laid some good GnP on RDA and he didnt hold him up against the fence he tripped, slammed, scooped and Ragdolled RDA. The biggest difference is Khabib used his wrestling /grappling to damage rda and end the fight, Colby used it to nullify RDA and win by points.

their styles are literally nothing alike outside of them using bodylock.

Constant, intense forward pressure, lunging, unorthodox striking, chain wrestling, positional control on the ground. The difference is Khabib hurts people and is a better wrestler.

most of the people who think Usman has elite wretling have probably never wrestled and don't understand the difference between a high level D1 guy and a high level D2 guy.
its like comparing carwin and lesnar lol. or lately ive seen shields and colby. shields is an excellent mma grappler and has an awesome top game and awesome sub game, hes got a lot of knowledge in that area. wrestling wise tho, hes a D-2 guy from a community college in cali while colby was a pac-10 champ like twice and an all american.

Different styles, Colby's approach reminded me more of Chael's. Constant moving forward pressure

It should be if the striking is about even. If you can't stop it that's your fault. Plus it's extremely exhausting and wears down your arms. So it does something. Jake Shields did it to Tyron tho Jake isn't that good in the clinch but guess what he controlled and outworked him. Wasn't exciting but Tyron couldn't stop it so he needs to scout it better. Same goes to RDA and Tib.
I think that's a decent point, especially because in the eyes of all the judges, Colby won the fight.

I'm in the minority on this, but I think Colby fought the way he did because he is not a match for RDA on the feet. His only hope would be to take RDA down and use offense from there. However, Colby couldn't take him down, and what resulted was just alot of time on the fence with nothing especially effective from either party.Colby attempted alot of TDs and RDA defended alot of TDs, nullifying a fight doesn't equate to winning.

Khabib beats the shit out of people, Colby imitates Khabib but lacks all the beautiful savagery.

Colby sucked against RDA. Looked terrible on the feet, did no damage on the ground, spent most of the fight pummeling and pressing against the cage. If you're going to talk like he does and bring all the stupid posing and political bullshit into the sport, you have to be a fighter. He's a gamer with a good enough chin to rush in like a maniac.

Colby beat RDA soundly and Khabib hardly landed any ground strikes on RDA. Plus RDA improved his defensive wrestling miles since that fight and if you can't see that that is your problem

Constant, intense forward pressure, lunging, unorthodox striking, chain wrestling, positional control on the ground. The difference is Khabib hurts people and is a better wrestler.

Khabib went 0/17 on Tibau. "better wrestler" lol you probably were a JV wrestler at best saying dumb shit like that. Also Khabib doesn't pressure as much as colby and doesn't throw nearly as many kicks and doesn't use the underhook game as much but relies on bodylock more.

First guy I saw with this style was Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort at UFC 15.I thought Vitor was going to kill him as did everyone else but having wrestled my whole life at the time I was hoping Randy could pull it off.Vitor couldn't get off with his strikes as Randy pressured him,tired him out,broke him down and finished him.

I have always liked this style,Cain and Randy were a little more fun to watch (as a few examples) as their hands were more effective (Randy technically) than say a Khabib or Colby but the same crazy pressure style breaking people.I have been saying I like Colby's tenacious non stop style and have always found him exciting.I don't exactly root for Colby but i'm not ignorant enough the take his fake character serious.

I also find it silly to say Khabib is really entertaining and Colby is boring as hell but that's just how some fans are.I think Khabib is a little more entertaining but it's not opposite ends of the spectrum here like some make it out to be.

Says the guy with no answer ;)

You're too stupid to see the difference even if it was pointed out to you, no point even bothering with idiots like you.

Keep nuthugging some dumb cunt retard with a big mouth, no doubt you did it with mcnuggets and you'll do it with the next loudmouth idiot to come along.

Colby beat RDA soundly and Khabib hardly landed any ground strikes on RDA.

Khabib went 0/17 on Tibau. "better wrestler" lol you probably were a JV wrestler at best saying dumb shit like that. Also Khabib doesn't pressure as much as colby and doesn't throw nearly as many kicks and doesn't use the underhook game as much but relies on bodylock more.

Did you even watch the khabib vs rda fight?

First guy I saw with this style was Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort at UFC 15.I thought Vitor was going to kill him as did everyone else but having wrestled my whole life at the time I was hoping Randy could pull it off.Vitor couldn't get off with his strikes as Randy pressured him,tired him out,broke him down and finished him.

I have always liked this style,Cain and Randy were a little more fun to watch (as a few examples) as their hands were more effective (Randy technically) than say a Khabib or Colby but the same crazy pressure style breaking people.I have been saying I like Colby's tenacious non stop style and have always found him exciting.I don't exactly root for Colby but i'm not ignorant enough the take his fake character serious.

I also find it silly to say Khabib is really entertaining and Colby is boring as hell but that's just how some fans are.I think Khabib is a little more entertaining but it's not opposite ends of the spectrum here like some make it out to be.

The people saying that are those desperate that folkstyle will stop being the best base for mma but there's now more folk champs than ever so it's fun enjoying the butthurt on this site and BE

If you cant see the differences between the two, you must be on the spectrum.

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.

Why would you compare those two fights when Khabib has also fought RDA and landed less strikes and did less damage than Colby did?

Colby completed more take downs in a "pick-em" fight against RDA; Than Khabib did against a late replace semi retired real estate agent. Brake check Colby haters.

Back