Was Greg Hardy really that popular in American Football?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
...I did hear of him.

But only because of the assault case.
Even not because of the case itself - I heard of him because the case was dismissed, despise his GF showing the traces of the beatdown she's got , and that she actually predicted in the beginning that he's going to get away with it.

Then nothing.

Until he was signed.

He's treated here like potential superstar . Is he?

I'm not familiar enough with NFL, but I know Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Troy Polamalu, Gronk, Aaron Rogers. I think that's it.
Is he on the same level of popularity?

He's nowhere near on the level of the guys you mentioned, but he was an All-Pro pass rusher in his prime and definitely well-known amongst avid NFL fans.

No one really cared until the assault alligations. He was a good player but not anything that resembled a superstar.

He's nowhere near on the level of the guys you mentioned, but he was an All-Pro pass rusher in his prime and definitely well-known amongst avid NFL fans.

Ah, so he's got out of his prime? i.e. lost shape?

When was his prime period then?

never heard of him prior, came from a B league sport though

He didn't quite have the longevity, but for a few years he was easily an elite, top 5 pass rusher in the league. I believe he may have led the league in sacks one year also, I could be wrong on that tho.

Ah, so he's got out of his prime? i.e. lost shape?

When was his prime period then?
Yeah 2013-14 was his best season ever by a country mile, then he only played one game the next season because he's a woman-beating POS, but then was signed by Dallas in 2015 and looked like a shell of his former self.

He didn't quite have the longevity, but for a few years he was easily an elite, top 5 pass rusher in the league. I believe he may have led the league in sacks one year also, I could be wrong on that tho.

So when was it?

Never heard of him. Probably a kneeler for national anthem

He's a bonafide megastar in the states, a titan of pop culture, golden Greg Hardy statues line the streets of America.

You can't really compare him to quarterbacks because even the best defensive players won't be as popular as, say, the 5th best quarterback in the league.

At his (short) peak he was arguably the best defensive linemen in the league and easily a top 25 player overall.

You can't really compare him to quarterbacks because even the best defensive players won't be as popular as, say, the 5th best quarterback in the league.

At his (short) peak he was arguably the best defensive linemen in the league and easily a top 25 player overall.

Ah...yeah that's how good I am with American football lol...I don't even know who's on which position.

Just check who I know of defensive ends....hmmm....I know Reggie White! Is it good enough? :)

He is not as well known as those guys, but if you are an NFL fan you would have definitely heard of him. He was all pro and coming off a 15 sack (that is elite production) season before being suspended for the domestic violence charge.

He played for America's team aka the Dallas Cowboys. A moniker that can't be taken away...sorry haters.

NFL fans are funny though. CTE/Brain Damage and domestic abuse = silent. Silent National Anthem protest = OUTRAGE! Hahaha funny because it's not funny.

He is not as well known as those guys, but if you are an NFL fan you would have definitely heard of him. He was all pro and coming off a 15 sack (that is elite production) season before being suspended for the domestic violence charge.

Reggie White (the only other defensive I know ) did 21, right? I don't even know what it sack in AF is, but it means that White was very very good right?

I don't follow hand egg but I've heard of Joe Montana and that's it.

He was a Pro Bowler and holds 15 sack record with the Panthers.

Back