Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

Colby completed more take downs in a "pick-em" fight against RDA; Than Khabib did against a late replace semi retired real estate agent. Brake check Colby haters.
He also spent less time in dominant position actually on the ground since he could barely keep RDA down for 10 seconds at a time.

But hey hold on to that 7/18 vs Khabib's 6/15

Last edited:
The jab is crisp, but his tank failed against a guy who was training for a 3 round fight.
Khabib threw more in round 4 than he did in round 3, and he sped up the pace in round 5. Khabib breezed through that fight with energy to spare.

And btw, he threw and landed more than Colby in his last fight.

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

I'm a big fan of the fighting style they both use tbh. Really can respect guys that just destroy their opponents will by grinding them out.

Colbys still a douche though

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.
Colby would’ve mauled Barboza.

How about we compare Colby vs RDA to Khabib vs RDA

Colby threw about 400% more strikes and was much more active and tagged RDA much much more than Khabib did

They are similar but I think the Khabib fans aren't fans of Colby because of Colbys personality. Not because of how he fights. They're very similar fighting wise. But outside the cage they couldn't be more different.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

can you do it?

Khabib hurts people with gnp and clinch strikes and is throwing guys left right and center...

Colby throws pillowfists while holding on for dear life..big difference..

Basically

Panic wrestling (colby) vs devastating MMA wrestling(khabib)

Not a fan of either one trick pony..but theres a clear difference..there T.S no personality assessment

Colby would’ve mauled Barboza.

How about we compare Colby vs RDA to Khabib vs RDA

Colby threw about 400% more strikes and was much more active and tagged RDA much much more than Khabib did
Edson actually could KO Colby. In that regard he's more of a threat than RDA. And his TDD is good enough to keep him in the fight. Colby can't do as much damage as Lee so Edson would have a decent chance of landing that magic shot. Still would probably lose tho.

Lol you want to compare Khabib from 4 years ago to Khabib now? He is far far better than he was when he fought RDA. And he still dominated the grappling more than Colby did.

Khabib lands takedowns and mauls people on the ground (spare me the Tibau fight 7 years ago for gods sake).

Colby wall and stalled RDA. Couldn’t take/hold him down very well, so he prevented a fist fight by using the cage. Still impressive, but it’s going to garner criticism because of the lack of damage.

Colby beat RDA soundly and Khabib hardly landed any ground strikes on RDA. Plus RDA improved his defensive wrestling miles since that fight and if you can't see that that is your problem

Khabib went 0/17 on Tibau. "better wrestler" lol you probably were a JV wrestler at best saying dumb shit like that. Also Khabib doesn't pressure as much as colby and doesn't throw nearly as many kicks and doesn't use the underhook game as much but relies on bodylock more.

Khabib beat RDA more convincingly than Colby did. It's hard to be as aggressive and simultaneously passive as Colby. He comes to wrestle, not to fight. RDA did well and took two rounds. Just lost to a bigger man playing huggy bear.

Tibau was a roided monster cutting insane weight. Don't be disingenuous with your comparisons.

No. The main difference is that khabib has an elite BJJ guard passing game mixed with great gnp, where as Colby has shown very mediocre BJJ. Khabib also has more variety in his takedown game.

He's a better wrestler. And yes, a better grappler too.

Terrible on the feet? RDA must not even belong in the UFC then, because he got hit a lot. I thought Colby looked MUCH better standing up than he did against Maia.

Colby looked terrible on the feet. He lands because of the takedown threat, the great equalizer. But his striking is really bad. Lacks power, technique, sophistication. RDA looked like the much better striker int their exchanges, but the game is more than striking.

With that being said,...

can you do it?

Yes.

1) Colby has lost. Khabib has not.

2) Khabib generally mauls his opponents in extremely lopsided, decisive victories. Colby eeks out decisions in fights that are generally competitive.

RDA > 1 day late replace real estate agent.

Khabib didn't lose a round to RDA either. Colby did.

You keep changing the argument though

First: how was khabib's last win more dominant than colby's last win

Second: yeah, but rda is better than AL

Basically conceding that khabib's last win was more dominant...

khabib really hurts his opponents with g+p

colby doesnt hurt people much, and never even had ground control for more than a few seconds last fight

I don't understand people complaining about Colby. He is as active as you can be. If you want to complain about fights where nothing happens, complain about WB or Woodley.

A MMA camp I went to years ago was all about the clinch because they said the gloves are light and you could get easily knocked out.

Yes.

1) Colby has lost. Khabib has not.

2) Khabib generally mauls his opponents in extremely lopsided, decisive victories. Colby eeks out decisions in fights that are generally competitive.
some people could say colbys fought harder guys

huge fan of both fighters... think they both are great, but khabib has for sure has some performances that were just more scary

I liked Colby’s last fight. Poured it on in the fifth to get the win. I had it 2-2 going in. I love the pressure style, sucking away an opponents will. Khabib does this better IMO but I still liked watching Colby fight.

Outside of the cage the guy is ignorably annoying. Just seems like he’s trying way too hard. Irl people like that make me roll my eyes and ignore them. Makes it harder to enjoy his fights. I don’t even want to watch to see him lose, I just want him to stop embarrassing himself w his mouth. Cringeington indeed.

Back