What's Your Next Purchase? V5

So after 3 months waiting for my application to clear I finaly picked up my RAR 22 WMR, Dianna Ntec 340 and Huglu 12g. If the weather clears tomorrow I'll sight the 22wmr in at the range and go pop some rabbits in the afternoon.

I’m guessing you’re in Europe. How much did you pay for your huglu?

I’m guessing you’re in Europe. How much did you pay for your huglu?
Im in Australia, the Huglu was $180 with 5 chokes, its a stiff to break open but Im sure it will smooth up over time, the fit and finish is alot nicer than alot of budget Turkish shotguns, Im purchasing the exact same model for my Mrs in .410

Im in Australia, the Huglu was $180 with 5 chokes, its a stiff to break open but Im sure it will smooth up over time, the fit and finish is alot nicer than alot of budget Turkish shotguns, Im purchasing the exact same model for my Mrs in .410

Only 180 bucks??? I just looked at their website they looked pretty nice.

Have you ever hunted in New Zealand? I’d love to go there at some point and hunt chamois and tahr.

Put around 100 rnds through the RaR 22wmr today and its shoots like stink (good). It leaves my ruger 77/22 lr for dead and at close to $1000 cheapet its satisfy yet frustrating at the same time

Put around 100 rnds through the RaR 22wmr today and its shoots like stink (good). It leaves my ruger 77/22 lr for dead and at close to $1000 cheapet its satisfy yet frustrating at the same time

Man I love my 77/22, that’s one of my favorite guns, I use it to practice marksmanship at 50-75yds and use it for small game hunting.

Man I love my 77/22, that’s one of my favorite guns, I use it to practice marksmanship at 50-75yds and use it for small game hunting.
Its my go to gun for small game and vermin control, ideally it could do with a trigger job as its a little heavy for target shooting but as a field rifle its good for head shots on bunnies out to 75m.

Its my go to gun for small game and vermin control, ideally it could do with a trigger job as its a little heavy for target shooting but as a field rifle its good for head shots on bunnies out to 75m.

Yeah the triggers are stiff. Timney makes a sear kit which improves it quite a bit.

Which version do you have? Mine is just a black plastic stock with a blues barrel. I have a leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 on it.

I just found out too that Talley makes rings for it which is sort of cool.

Yeah the triggers are stiff. Timney makes a sear kit which improves it quite a bit.

Which version do you have? Mine is just a black plastic stock with a blues barrel. I have a leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 on it.

I just found out too that Talley makes rings for it which is sort of cool.
I have the all weather SS with synthetic stock with a standard sporter barrel, its topped with 3-9×40 arctic fox rimfire scope (I had a redfield revolution on it but it wouldnt focus under 50m when higher than 7x zoom).

My old man has one of the early models with the boat paddle stock and irons

It's like Christmas up in this bitch.

HGutPRc.jpg

yubi9S8.jpg

gaAXFwj.jpg

s4vbhwQ.jpg

What is that? like a stabilizer thats also a quiver???
Yes it is.

It does seem like a gimmick and I was initially both skeptical and intrigued at the same time. There were, however, enough positive reviews; with the caveat that it's not for everyone, that convinced me to at least try it.

I haven't used it extensively yet, but here is my rationale and observations so far:

I was disappointed with my TightSpot and how it interfered with my rest's cable. I managed to tune around it and used it out of begrudging obligation after having spent that much money on a quiver. That said, I do prefer to have a quiver attached to my bow. With this, I am able to have a quiver attached without it interfering with my rest and I now have a better stabilizer as well.

I don't benefit as much from the design as someone who already runs a giant stabilizer plus an attached quiver; those guys will see a weight savings but it's a bit of a wash because I had like a 6" stabilizer that came with the bow. Also, when mounted conventionally, it interferes with my rest even more than my TightSpot did, so I only mount it that way for storage and transport.

I don't find loading from the left side (as a right handed shooter) to be as cumbersome as I imagined. I simply rotate the bow so it faces upwards, pull an arrow and nock. In some ways, it's actually easier since I don't have to work around a riser. That said, you can have the arrows on the opposite side, you just lose a bit of balance by having both your sight and quiver sitting on the same side of the riser.

Some reviews have said it's more prone to catching wind. I can't say whether it does or not because Saskatchewan is windy as fuck and if there's a bad enough gust during my shot sequence, I won't loose a nocked arrow.

As for how it carries in field, I don't find it that much more intrusive than walking around with a nocked arrow and I'm sure that dudes who already run 20" stabilizers are already adept and dealing with it.

Overall, so far, I'm actually pretty pleased with my purchase; it's steadied my pin float without adding excess weight. Time will tell how I feel about it in the future, but for now, I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
Just ordered a CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet as a gift for my Brother. They're supposed to be the dog's bollocks. 3650fps. $605.00

84807.jpg

cz-17-hornet-eastern-sierra-2.jpg

1.jpg

Hornady-17-Hornet-Varmint-Express-83005-s-o__60776.1521171987.jpg

Here's a vid of a Limey smoke'n critters with one.

Last edited:
Picked up a tikka t3x super lite in 6.5cm.

Should be an awesome addition to my mountain hunting rifle collection.

For Americans wondering about Australian gun laws (western Australia) Ive recently received a letter from our licensing deparment as has everybody with fireams in calibres .300 and higher, or as they call them "very powerfull firearms" that are designed to hit targets at 1500m. We now have to justify that we have the skill, experience and safety to engage targets at long distanc or our license for said firearm will be revoked.

For Americans wondering about Australian gun laws (western Australia) Ive recently received a letter from our licensing deparment as has everybody with fireams in calibres .300 and higher, or as they call them "very powerfull firearms" that are designed to hit targets at 1500m. We now have to justify that we have the skill, experience and safety to engage targets at long distanc or our license for said firearm will be revoked.

So how does that go? You have to qualify at long range or something. Ridiculous.

So how does that go? You have to qualify at long range or something. Ridiculous.
I dont know what to do as we have 2 seperate classifications for riffles.

1 is recretational hunting/shooting wich is what my firearm is classified under
And the other is target shooting where the firearm can only be used at a range. Ill have to seek legal advice when Im back home to see what steps to take.

Honestly where left in limbo with no real guidlines, its all left up to tne discretion of the state police department

Back