NFL player are not A lvl ,not even close

A level athlete right there. Top of the food chain.

It's a part of the game. People dive in basketball. If you want to watch macho sports then isn't UFC more macho than NFL? Those guys punch each other and kick each other.

A literal lowlight compilation is your reason why Ronaldo isn't an A level athlete. One of the most pathetic arguments I've ever seen. Are you being serious?
Yeah he's definitely a better athlete than Ezekiel Elliott. It's so obvious.

Of course he is.
He's strong, big and agile.

Don't compare him to a chicken nugget like Messi though.

But basketball is non contact. Way moreso than football.

That is absolute bullshit of the highest order. Ronaldo is a better athlete than anyone ever in NFL.

Cardio is a huge part of athleticism. Huge.
Stop it. A double arm amputee could theoretically become the best soccer player in the world. There's almost no other sport in which that could happen. Bo Jackson in his prime outweighed Ronaldo by 60lbs and runs way faster, jumps way higher, has better hand-eye coordination, and has great cardio himself. I don't even know for a fact that Ronaldo has great cardio, because he never runs back on defense. He just explodes in short bursts, but is nowhere near as good at that as an NFL player.

But basketball is non contact. Way moreso than football.
Yup. That's why I didn't include basketball in my original post.

Both are pretty weaksauce.

Stop it. A double arm amputee could theoretically become the best soccer player in the world. There's almost no other sport in which that could happen.

No. No they couldn't. That is ridiculous. You are talking about the most prestigious and biggest sport on earth. Not a sport played in 1 country. Literally billions of people play and try to be footballers.

Who the fuck cares about this bullshit? Ill watch retards fight if its entertaining. This entire A level athlete conversation is irrelevant to what makes the sport entertaining

Yup. That's why I didn't include basketball in my original post.

Both are pretty weaksauce.
Well at least you are consistent. Respect

No. No they couldn't. That is ridiculous. You are talking about the most prestigious and biggest sport on earth. Not a sport played in 1 country. Literally billions of people play and try to be footballers.
Those billions of people are all inferior to American athletes in terms of physical ability. There's a reason why the US has more Olympic gold medals than some continents combined. NFL and NBA players are far better athletes than scrawny soccer players.

Too many dumb euros think that cardio is 100% athleticism.
Soccer is a sport that is based on almost zero physical contact which results in diving all the time.

Football, boxing, rugby and hockey are the complete package in terms of athleticism.

Physicality + endurance + analytical aptitude

Just check out this ranking chart that ESPN did

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills?sort=total#grid

Makes perfect sense. Get the fuck outta here with soccer.

Football is all about short plays with long recovery so I'd have to agree with op about many football players not being A level athletes. Same with hockey, they have short shifts. Rugby is probably the sport that requires the most well rounded athletic profile since you gotta be fast, strong, have good muscular endurance, and be able to play for long stretches of time without breaks.

Yeah he's definitely a better athlete than Ezekiel Elliott. It's so obvious.
Definitely. He's arguably the best player in the world in a sport which has a talent pool vastly larger than american football. He also earns much more than Elliott (because of the value he brings to this much larger sport).

You're confusing athleticism with cardio.

A starting NFL RB/WR/DB/LB is so far above any soccer/tennis player in overall athleticism it's not even worth making a thread about.
Cardio and endurance are like half of what most people would consider athelticism..... general rule if rhe adverage gym rat could smoke them in an overall fitness test they aint a- level no matter how they look or how fast they do 100 yards in

I know Americans think NFL is A-level. LOL, they never run for more than 10 seconds and then get a few minutes rest during the commercials. I mean you guys had to invent a sport where the fatties could play.

soccer players are the best athelteh in the world, its a number game

the most played sport= most popular= most money= most competitive= only top guys make it trough

there is not a lot of boxers, just like they arent a lot of mma fighters, thats why they are not a level athletes
Lacks the contact, seems anytime a player gets touched in soccer they get concussed or seriously injured.

Now imagine them fighting

Clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

In France, the best athletes play soccer. In America, the best athletes play basketball and football.

Rubbish. The whole WORLD plays football, billions of people tune in to watch the world cup, everyone from around the globe plays football as children, but none of us get to play American Football, just you yanks.. pretty easy to see your sport would have way less athletic depth. Like the TS said, some muscular dude running for 10s and then whistles going off is really not that impressive.

Definitely. He's arguably the best player in the world in a sport which has a talent pool vastly larger than american football. He also earns much more than Elliott (because of the value he brings to this much larger sport).
It's more popular because even the poorest countries on the planet can sport an international team and be somewhat competitive.

Those billions of people are all inferior to American athletes in terms of physical ability. There's a reason why the US has more Olympic gold medals than some continents combined. NFL and NBA players are far better athletes than scrawny soccer players.

Actually per capita USA does worse than UK at the Olympics. Never mind adding in all of the planet.

You didn't even get double the amount of medals the UK got in Rio yet your population is 5 times more. So you are being brainwashed right off the bat with that suggestion.

They've gotta be better athletes. I mean... They get paid more than MMA fighters.

Stupid logic. You mean a national sport thats been around hundreds of years makes more than a blood sport thats only 25 years old? Who woulda thunk

Stupid logic. You mean a national sport thats been around hundreds of years makes more than a blood sport thats only 25 years old? Who woulda thunk

Its because their athleticism provides something that a mma fighter can't provide except for Conor Mcgregor of course.

Back