US, Mexico, and Canada to Co-Host 2026 World Cup

tenor.gif

Well it goes without saying that USA is a much better option than Morocco though
It's a disaster for Europe, Asia and Africa because of the timezone and geographic. Football popularity is virtually non-existent in North America whereas it's worshipped in 80% of the world.

It's a disaster for Europe, Asia and Africa because of the timezone and geographic. Football popularity is virtually non-existent in North America whereas it's worshipped in 80% of the world.

South/middle Americans are probably pretty happy. I heard them fellas kind of like football.

Europe should have a World Cup before these countries. They've hosted only one this century. Africa should have one before these North American countries too.

South Africa just had 2010, and it pissed everyone off with the Vuvuzelas. There's not many stable African countries with the infrastructure to hold a massive tournament.

2026 should've been a European country or a joint bid amongst a group of Euro countries. USA had '94 and Mexico had '86, and they'll have both hosted another WC before many more deserving countries have had another.

Hardly a disaster, USA and Mexico have hosted before, just means they'll have most games at midday and early afternoon to suit Europe.

Japan/South Korea 2002 was more of a disaster for Euro/African viewers, I remember watching Argentina/Nigeria at 6am.

Hardly a disaster, USA and Mexico have hosted before, just means they'll have most games at midday and early afternoon to suit Europe.

Japan/South Korea 2002 was more of a disaster for Euro viewers, I remember watching Argentina/Nigeria at 6am.

The last time they hosted in the US, I think games started at 22.00 and 02.00 (Denmark), but I was really drunk so can´t be to sure

The last time they hosted in the US, I think games started at 22.00 and 02.00 (Denmark), but I was really drunk so can´t be to sure

Yeah that seems about right. 2am is a bit shit for you guys though.

I don't even think the early group games were even live on UK TV as we didn't qualify for '94.

Yeah that seems about right. 2am is a bit shit for you guys though.

I don't even think the early group games were even live on UK TV as we didn't qualify for '94.

bah. 2 am is fine in Denmark. That´s when people are getting ready to go out to clubs (a weird fetish with going out 02.00 to 06.00 in Denmark) so that wasn´t to bad.

hell yeah.

MetLife Stadium is about 8 mins away from my house (without traffic). I'll be looking to score some sweet tickets for whatever is available.

If I don't get any i'll look to rent my place out for the week or weekend. should score some good amount of money for it. i'll crash over at a buddy's place while I make that loot!...

hell yeah.

MetLife Stadium is about 8 mins away from my house (without traffic). I'll be looking to score some sweet tickets whatever is available.

If I don't get any i'll look to rent my place out for the week or weekend. should score some good amount of money for it. i'll crash over at a buddy's place while I make that loot!...
latest

Well it goes without saying that USA is a much better option than Morocco though, or Qatar.

Why even include Canada/Mexico? they're gonna get a free ride to the finals despite only hosting 10 games each.

England are massively overdue to host one. Home of the sport, largest domestic league in the world, and at least 30+ stadiums that would be considered high level FIFA stadia.

England, Italy as well.

So basically the US hosts most of it?

USA is probably one of the only countries who can actually benefit from the WC as they already have the stadia in place all over the country

Its not the olympics where only one city needs all the infrastructure for every single obscure sport.

World Cup is a net benefit, simply because to begin with most "real" countries already have tons of stadiums for professional sports.

So I wonder how much $$ the total bid cost, how much the bribe was, and how much money the us is giving Mexico/Canada for the necessary stadium and infrastructure improvements .

Studies have shown that one off mega events do not induce a lasting tourism effect and economically do not provide economic impact that surpasses the cost of hosting the mega event (this is especially evident once you factor in costs of bribes)

So I wonder how much $$ the total bid cost, how much the bribe was, and how much money the us is giving Mexico/Canada for the necessary stadium and infrastructure improvements .

Studies have shown that one off mega events do not induce a lasting tourism effect and economically do not provide economic impact that surpasses the cost of hosting the mega event (this is especially evident once you factor in costs of bribes)
Lol. They already have the stadiums

Unless they want to upgrade the surrounding infrastructure and create additional venues (restaurants/hotels and such) to accommodate the sudden increase in tourism. Most of these place are already built for tourism though. Traffic is already a bitch so we'll just complain a bit more...

Pretty awesome. I wanted to go to Russia but as a manlet England fan I'd probably get the shit kicked out of me. But living in Canada this shit's too easy now. I might have to pay my first visit to the States and catch some games down there too

Back