My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

Expect a call from Dana soon buddy

I don't think for a second that I can rely on my Taekwondo in MMA as a striking base. On the street with a guy in front of me, totally different story.

But they do stand toe to toe and trade blows more, if you know what I mean.

I would also like to taste their power to the body. My prediction is that they don't kick as hard. Perception being that they grind each other out more. Kick slower. Tend to be flatfooted. Etc. I think their style of fighting fits me better even though my kicks are not MT. I won't be chasing them around as much. There's a great club nearby that I could pay a visit.
Its 'slower', but not by much. Also there's alot of reliance on timing over speed, so the kick usually lands almost always, and its heavy. It looks light because it might be done in the opener rounds.

In the west its bang city all rounds, none of the escalade stuff they do in Thailand

Please what? Do you think Muay Thai guys are characterised by good footwork? I bet you I will land far more kicks on them.
I highlighted you saying "There's a great club nearby that I could pay a visit" then i said "please" as in please pay the place a visit

I seriously hope that everyone saying that was a good kick is kidding, because that was pretty damn bad for someone who purports to be a red belt. If one of our red belts would've kicked like that, I would've told them they have to do better. I have no idea why you would upload this, because you don't even take the time to get into anything that resembles a fighting stance, walk up to the bag and just punt it.

Like @Apollo33 said, that shit was CM Punk level kicking and as a taekwondoin and kickboxer, I'm appalled. This shit is why taekwondo gets shit on.

It is better than your air kicking, but still lack of understanding of the fundamental mechanics is apparent. Slow and week.

Homie you need to step up on leg day bro.

I have no idea why you would upload this, because you don't even take the time to get into anything that resembles a fighting stance, walk up to the bag and just punt it.

That's what makes it badass.

It is better than your air kicking, but still lack of understanding of the fundamental mechanics is apparent. Slow and week.

Spacetime bashing aside, what is it fundamentally that makes his kicking weak. I can look at it and see that it's not right but from a TKD perspective I can't put my finger on why

Spacetime bashing aside, what is it fundamentally that makes his kicking weak. I can look at it and see that it's not right but from a TKD perspective I can't put my finger on why
So, the kick he's trying to demonstrate here is called a dollyo chagi. It's a chambered roundhouse kick. You bring up the knee of your kicking leg, turn over the leg your standing on until your heel is basically facing in the direction of the kick, also turning over your hips and then strike the target from there.

Spacetime barely chambers anything and just swing his leg up. He's waaaay up on his toes when he strikes and doesn't turn his foot far enough with his toes pointing to the side.

I'm not going to have a discussion with you about your kicking technique, because you have shown in the past to never take anything from anyone, even when they know better what they're talking about than you.

So why write in the thread?

Whether it's MT or TKD, the same concepts apply. When the kicking leg is dragging the hips and base leg around for the ride, you've totally screwed up the mechanics. His base foot pivots after his kicking leg makes contact, his entire kinetic chain is literally in reverse. You're never going to get any weight or power behind a kick like that.

In TKD the knee comes straight up with the leg chambered, then the base leg is sharply pivoted over to turn over & align the hips, after which the kick is snapped out. If you watch spacetime's kick, he raises the kicking leg at an angle and starts extending his leg well before the hips are turned over or the knee pointed at/through the target. His base foot doesn't pivot until after the kick makes contact. It's basically the kicking equivalent of a weak pushing arm punch. There's so much wrong that I'm not even sure it qualifies as a TKD kick.

Whether it's MT or TKD, the same concepts apply. When the kicking leg is dragging the hips and base leg around for the ride, you've totally screwed up the mechanics. His base foot pivots after his kicking leg makes contact, his entire kinetic chain is literally in reverse. You're never going to get any weight or power behind a kick like that.

In TKD the knee comes straight up with the leg chambered, then the base leg is sharply pivoted over to turn over & align the hips, after which the kick is snapped out. If you watch spacetime's kick, he raises the kicking leg at an angle and starts extending his leg well before the hips are turned over or the knee pointed at/through the target. His base foot doesn't pivot until after the kick makes contact. It's basically the kicking equivalent of a weak pushing arm punch. There's so much wrong that I'm not even sure it qualifies as a TKD kick.

No. In the TKD style I'm taught, the knee is NOT brought straight up, it is raised at an angle.

Whether it's MT or TKD, the same concepts apply.

Clearly not. The base foot always pivots between 90 and 180 degrees depending on which style of Taekwondo. You have no clue what you're talking about. I think I shamed you enough now. Bye!

Back