Chris Weidman: I’m UFC’s most decorated middleweight with the most title defenses, I deserve a TS.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Obviously for me that would be the best case is to fight for the title. Fighting Whittaker, that’s a guy I match up well with and that’s a guy I feel I can go out there and finish,” said Weidman on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, while declaring that he is the most decorated fighter in the division, who also happens to hold the most title defenses.

“I feel I am the most decorated guy in the division, I’ve had the most title defenses. I had a rough patch, I went undefeated my whole career, I lost one, happened to lose three in a row. My mind, I felt like it wasn’t in the fight spot,” he said. “I came back, got myself where I needed to be, got my mind back and I went out there and beat one of the top contenders, Kelvin Gastelum. I feel like I dominated the fight and went out there and finished him. I feel like you’re only as good as your last fight and I finished the other guy that we’re talking about in my last fight. I think I definitely deserve shot at the title. It will be a good fight.”

About that three-fight losing streak he went through prior to beating Kelvin, Chris wants you to overlook that at the moment and instead focus on his whole body of work.

“If you’re going to start doing that, you are picking what is the worst look for me. If you’re going to go back, look at my whole career. If you’re going to start with my first losses, it’s going to look bad,” expressed Chris. “But if you look at my whole career, I’ve fought only the best guys in the world since I’ve been in UFC and I’ve done pretty damn good, have the most title defenses and I went through a little rough patch and I climbed my way out of it, I didn’t have any rough patches before that,” he said.

There’s a lot of losses in Gastelum’s career that don’t look so good. We have one common, we fought each other so that answers the question. I went out there and I finished him, he had the same opportunity and he went out there and lost to me, so...”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/12/...ecorated-middleweight-most-title-defenses-mma

<6><{CMPALM}><{Joewithit}>

Lost respect for The Chris win he tried to cheat in the Moose fight. Don't really care what happens with him.

Not interested. Give Kelvin the shot

It would be cool if he got skipped over for a title shot. Giving him the shot would be a smack in the face to other hardworking contenders considering he's 1-3 in his last four and has been on the shelf since a year ago. Guy is so deluded though.

Last edited:
Lost respect for The Chris win he tried to cheat in the Moose fight. Don't really care what happens with him.

Tried to cheat by listening to the ref?

"but but but he said he couldn't continue!!"

No he didn't.

Chris, I like you. You're a very good fighter and you beat the GOAT of MMA twice.

But you ain't touching that MW belt again bruh.

It's weird for me, but I think the Chris actually might do well against Bobby Knux, if he can avoid getting clipped early.

His physical size (ranginess) and wrestling / sub game could make things interesting imo.

“Obviously for me that would be the best case is to fight for the title. Fighting Whittaker, that’s a guy I match up well with and that’s a guy I feel I can go out there and finish,” said Weidman on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, while declaring that he is the most decorated fighter in the division, who also happens to hold the most title defenses.

“I feel I am the most decorated guy in the division, I’ve had the most title defenses. I had a rough patch, I went undefeated my whole career, I lost one, happened to lose three in a row. My mind, I felt like it wasn’t in the fight spot,” he said. “I came back, got myself where I needed to be, got my mind back and I went out there and beat one of the top contenders, Kelvin Gastelum. I feel like I dominated the fight and went out there and finished him. I feel like you’re only as good as your last fight and I finished the other guy that we’re talking about in my last fight. I think I definitely deserve shot at the title. It will be a good fight.”

About that three-fight losing streak he went through prior to beating Kelvin, Chris wants you to overlook that at the moment and instead focus on his whole body of work.

“If you’re going to start doing that, you are picking what is the worst look for me. If you’re going to go back, look at my whole career. If you’re going to start with my first losses, it’s going to look bad,” expressed Chris. “But if you look at my whole career, I’ve fought only the best guys in the world since I’ve been in UFC and I’ve done pretty damn good, have the most title defenses and I went through a little rough patch and I climbed my way out of it, I didn’t have any rough patches before that,” he said.

There’s a lot of losses in Gastelum’s career that don’t look so good. We have one common, we fought each other so that answers the question. I went out there and I finished him, he had the same opportunity and he went out there and lost to me, so...”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/12/...ecorated-middleweight-most-title-defenses-mma

<6><{CMPALM}><{Joewithit}>

I don't care if Kelvin or teh Chris gets the shot. I like both.

He needs to win at least one or two more. Can't get a ts loosing 3 of your last 4.

Give it to Kelvin

Chris, I like you. You're a very good fighter and you beat the GOAT of MMA twice.

But you ain't touching that MW belt again bruh.
I dunno, Whittaker didn't look as invincible in his last fight as many were making him out to be and might actually be permanently damaged after being 5th round Romeo'd...

I know he doesn't deserve a title shot at the moment. But I don't give a shit....

He is still my boy, and if he gets an undeserved title shot I'll be like...

<Fedor23>

It would be cool if he got skipped over for a title shot. Giving him the shot would be a small in the face to other hardworking contenders considering he's 1-3 in his last four and has been on the shelf since a year ago. Guy is so deluded though.

Who else is there? I'm seriously wondering. Kelvin lost to Chris so that makes no sense.

YCCoqAa.gif

Privileges based on past glory only go to greats, like Hendo getting a title shot or Anderson getting an immediate rematch. Whether you agree with them or not they don't apply to Weidman. He's not a legend like them, still has to earn his shots. And while he's in the mix Gastelum's recent win over Jacare puts him as next, if they don't do Romero 3.

Yeah.. no.

A 1 win streak following from 3 losses in no way deserves a shot.

Romero has a bigger shout, purely based on how close the last one was, regardless of missing weight by a pube.

The only loss that looks bad in Gastelum's career is vs Wood in a fight he should have won

Sorry, Chris, no title shot for you. Not after one fight win streak. Win two more or so and then people might start talking.

Let Kelvin get a shot. Whittaker vs. Gastelum is a great fight to make.

Well who can you give it to? Pretty much gastelum or weidman.

And.

Well.

The Chris beat kelvin last year

Back