Political Hypocrisy - Is it real?

Ranzou**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to discuss an issue that was brought up in the Kim/Trump thread. That of Political and Ideological hypocrisy.

In it I stated that I have certain stances that would go against the political ideologies of the belief system of my Political Party. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Also after 17 years in the military I left early instead of retiring out at 20 and now have VA Benefits in the form of Disability and health care due to my Combat Tours. Yet I am a conservative and hate all things state run welfare. Am I a hypocrite?

These questions weigh heavily on me and I find there is no clear cut answer.

I wanted to discuss an issue that was brought up in the Kim/Trump thread. That of Political and Ideological hypocrisy.

In it I stated that I have certain stances that would go against the political ideologies of the belief system of my Political Party. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Also after 17 years in the military I left early instead of retiring out at 20 and now have VA Benefits in the form of Disability and health care due to my Combat Tours. Yet I am a conservative and hate all things state run welfare. Am I a hypocrite?

These questions weigh heavily on me and I find there is no clear cut answer.
Yes, we are all hypocrites(except me) to varying degrees

2009 yellow belt account......

fry_squinting.gif

yes. 6 years ago Foxnews was breathless in its condemnation at the very MENTION of the then President Obama meeting with North Korea. Now they act like its the master stroke of the most ingenious act of diplomacy America has ever witnessed.

Hell, i love the shit out of guns and own a bunch but think gun control needs to be tightened....on other people. duh.

Of course it's real. You're never going to have things 100% as you wish they were, so people support politicians or positions they don't agree with entirely because they agree more than disagree. There's also weight to certain issues where some things matter more than others.

Your VA example isn't hypocrisy. If something is available anyway, might as well use it. As I understand it, the VA isn't especially well-run anyway so not many of the people eligible even use it when they have a choice.

Everyone is an individual and is entitled to have different opinions on different topics.

Just because you're on the left or right, doesn't mean you hold all those beliefs.

This is why identity politics is so dangerous, and individualism is so important.

there are significant portions of our population that support women's rights AND Islamic immigration from the third world.....

You literally can't get more hypocritical than that....

You should visit one of the sub forums on Sherdog called "The War Room." You'll probably get your answer if you read it for a few days.

there are significant portions of our population that support women's rights AND Islamic immigration from the third world.....

You literally can't get more hypocritical than that....

I'm pretty sure that Islamic immigrants are expected to follow American laws, so yes, that would be supporting women's rights, ie., providing them a more liberal environment comparatively.

I'm pretty sure that Islamic immigrants are expected to follow American laws, so yes, that would be supporting women's rights, ie., providing them a more liberal environment comparatively.
uh what?
have you checked the FGM rates from many of these countries?

one doesn't bring bums to a gated community and just EXPECT them to adapt to a more civilized lifestyle, that's not how reality works playa

2009 yellow belt account......

fry_squinting.gif

I don't post a million times a day to jump up my title on a forum. I come here for fight news.

However that being said i started re-reading old and new shoop threads and could not help but get back into the forums here. I missed it.

I think people who support women's rights would want those women to have an escape from whatever oppressive country they live in. What you are describing is not hypocrisy, it's just your failure to really listen closely to anybody who you disagree with.

This is hypocrisy.

I think people who support women's rights would want those women to have an escape from whatever oppressive country they live in. What you are describing is not hypocrisy, it's just your failure to really listen closely to anybody who you disagree with.
so they only bring women over? oh ok that makes sense

oh wait
must not have peeped the refugee and immigrant stats my dude, you tried tho
absolutely lost at 'failed to listen closely' keep it up!

I think so, but I act like it isn't.

so they only bring women over? oh ok that makes sense

oh wait
must not have peeped the refugee and immigrant stats my dude, you tried tho

Lol. peep dis tho my dude, dem peeps who come from dem countries is gon have to follow r laws n stuff. K dude, thnks for tryn.

Lol. peep dis tho my dude, dem peeps who come from dem countries is gon have to follow r laws n stuff. K dude, thnks for tryn.
uh until they don't?

I hope you're not being serious, or one day get to go one of these countries and see for yourself.

Good times, would recommend. I hear Somalia is phenomenal this time of year

uh until they don't?

I hope you're not being serious, or one day get to go one of these countries and see for yourself.

Good times, would recommend. I hear Somalia is phenomenal this time of year

People follow the law, until they don't? This is brilliant stuff.

This whole Trump/Kim debacle (and Obama/Iran to lesser extent) has exposed both sides as hypocrites IMO. One of the few times "bothsidesism" is completely real.

People follow the law, until they don't? This is brilliant stuff.
People don't go from raping boys and subjugating women as a literal CORE part of their culture, and then just walk it off b/c they're in the US.

remind me, what is a terrorist?
Why are there massive increases in rape and other crimes in areas where Islamic refugees are settled?

why did FGM case go up to the Supreme Court recently?

I can do this all day. Better yet, just go to literally ANY of those countries and tell me how enjoyable it is for women...if you even see one.

Back