Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

TS not even attempting to recognize the differences.

Wrestling is all the same, boring, I guess.

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.

I watched Khabibs newest fight. Sure there are difference s but not that big. Look Colby vs Maia and then Woodley vs Maia f.e. Who d you rather See after that?

Khabib is better then Colby but not that different

On what planet does Khabib get most of the take downs he tries? He went something like 7 for 15 against Raging Al who was completely unprepared for the fight and on the shelf for a year.

He does not have a high success percentage, but he does shoot A LOT.

Context is everything and you are telling one side of the story. Everyone puts away Barboza. Kevin Lee, Ferg, Cerrone - hell Varner put him away. Khabib had to take him to a decision and couldn't get it done.

Khabib gave Johnson his SEVENTH career submission loss. In his next fight, a featherweight gave him his eighth.
3 of the 4 you mentioned have a finish rate above 70%.

Cowboy: 75% finish rate
Tony: 78% finish rate
Varner: 85% finish rate

Lee is the only one who doesn't have a crazy finish rate but he's still at like 60% for finishes. On what planet is Edson easy to finish?

As for Khabib, he is a chain wrestler. Failing the first or even second TD is normal and sets up for his judo/sambo. He finishes every 2nd/3rd TD he shoots for in a chain. That's pretty good.

Spin it how you want but Khabib's output increased every single round. He was constantly moving and on the offensive. He threw more strikes than most fighter do across 5 rounds. He controlled every second of the fight.

7ba7ab458305affbd65c194b193b22e3.png

dd24f71c0a6c25c3fc83534d60f06106.png

Khabib's output in rounds 1 and 2 were abysmal. He shot for TDs, threw no GnP, and tried for some chokes.

You can say 1 + 2 are abysmal if you want. Those 2 rounds are representative of Khabib's primary game plan though.

In rounds 3-5 his output shoots through the roof. His striking output in rounds 3 and 4 are 3 times higher than the previous 2 rounds. His output in round 5 was more than the first 2 combined.

Of course Beeb's striking out put went up in 3, 4 and 5. Because he was forced from his primary game plan in order to conserve energy. An overwhelming majority of those strikes were jabs. Khabib landed 5 of 6 strikes from top position. And 0-0 from clinch in the last 15 minutes of the fight. If you want to believe KN deviated from his primary game plan to "test drive" some new skill sets, you go right ahead and think that.

Just say you don't like Khabib and call it a day kid.

That's not accurate either. I like him. I was impressed by his quality jab that I had not previously given him credit for. I was impressed that he had the skill set and IQ to call an audible to plan "B", and execute it successfully.

You can say 1 + 2 are abysmal if you want. Those 2 rounds are representative of Khabib's primary game plan though.
No, Khabib is a GnP heavy fighter and he spent most of those rounds fishing for a RNC. Khabib has never been a sub hunter. He throws massive amounts of GnP and breaks his opponents this way. In the opening round he usually throws well over 50 strikes on the ground (lands 25-45). Against Al he threw barely over 20 a round. What he did is only typical in the sense that he took Al down and controled him.

Of course Beeb's striking out put went up in 3, 4 and 5. Because he was forced from his primary game plan in order to conserve energy. An overwhelming majority of those strikes were jabs. Khabib landed 5 of 6 strikes from top position. And 0-0 from clinch in the last 15 minutes of the fight. If you want to believe KN deviated from his primary game plan to "test drive" some new skill sets, you go right ahead and think that.
Khabib wasn't forced from anything. He literally didn't even attempt to chain wrestle. He shot for 3 single legs across 2 rounds. He wasn't even trying to pin Al against the cage. He was taking it easy. Even his corner was telling him to stop playing. No gassed fighter will ever throw that many strikes over 15 minutes while increasing in output every round and staying on the offense the entire time.

Nothing in this fight made me question his gas tank. If anything it proved how much he keeps in reserves. The issue I had in this fight was that he consistently ignores his corner and takes unnecessary risks.

Closest thing I've seen to Khabib being gassed was against Tibau and that is an outdated sample.

That's not accurate either. I like him. I was impressed by his quality jab that I had not previously given him credit for. I was impressed that he had the skill set and IQ to call an audible to plan "B", and execute it successfully.
Checked your post history, checks out...mostly. You aren't the most flattering but you aren't overwhelmingly negative either. So, I'll retract that statement.

Khabibs last fight he gassed to the point he didn't even want to grapple. Then Iaquinta was able to create forward pressure against Beeb using only his chin.

Please explain how Khabib's last win is more impressive than Colby's last win.
By not wanting to grapple you mean taking him down in the 5th round and attempting multiple subs?

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?
Both guys are dominant in what they do. Plain and simple. Whether you find it entertaining or not is all personal opinion.

Checked your post history, checks out...mostly. You aren't the most flattering but you aren't overwhelmingly negative either. So, I'll retract that statement.

Thank You!

We will have to respectfully disagree on WHY Khabib changed his game plan prior to round 3, But I think we both agree that clearly happened.

It was a damn odd fight. 50-43 on my card iirc. And yet I still felt Khabib was exposed in some ways, and at the same time showed much improved hands and IQ.

By not wanting to grapple you mean taking him down in the 5th round and attempting multiple subs?

By not wanting to grapple I mean; He only completed 1(maybe 2) take downs in the last 3 rounds. In the last 15 minutes he attempted a grand total of 6 strikes on the ground, and 0 from the clinch. About 14 minutes of the last 3 was contested on the feet. Al was the one advancing a pretty fair percentage of that time.

He did not want to grapple.

Thank You!

We will have to respectfully disagree on WHY Khabib changed his game plan prior to round 3, But I think we both agree that clearly happened.

It was a damn odd fight. 50-43 on my card iirc. And yet I still felt Khabib was exposed in some ways, and at the same time showed much improved hands and IQ.
I feel like having absolutely no time to plan for Al didn't help the situation much. He was training for 2 guys that were nothing like Al.

He absolutely changed his game plan. Tbh his game plan for the whole fight was just kinda weird compared to his usual. It was a bizarre fight for sure. Khabib went way off the rails but still was as dominant as ever.

His hands weren't the only thing that improved imo (I always knew that he had high fight IQ, bastard has crazy adaptability). He was landing quite a few solid uppercuts and head kicks. However, one big thing that I saw is that Khabib throws very good single strikes but lacks particularly good combos. I hope Javi is working on this.

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.
Yeah, cause RDA and Barboza are clones. More like, watch Khabib vs RDA and Colby vs RDA: both pretty much identical, arguably shut outs with both wrestlers out striking RDA. People are just triggered AF that Colby raped him up like that as they hate him so much. RDA just sucks vs wrestlers and always will

3 of the 4 you mentioned have a finish rate above 70%.

Cowboy: 75% finish rate
Tony: 78% finish rate
Varner: 85% finish rate

Lee is the only one who doesn't have a crazy finish rate but he's still at like 60% for finishes. On what planet is Edson easy to finish?

As for Khabib, he is a chain wrestler. Failing the first or even second TD is normal and sets up for his judo/sambo. He finishes every 2nd/3rd TD he shoots for in a chain. That's pretty good.

Cowboy, Tony and Lee are far and away the best fighters Barboza has ever faced, excluding Khabib. Almost as a rule Barboza loses, and gets stopped, by elite fighters. Khabib is the outlier that cannot get it done. This isn't important to note, other than I was responding to the obviously wrong statement that 'Khabib finishes fights' to cast aspersions on Colby.

The same regarding chain wrestling. Khabib is currently one of the best MMA adapted wrestlers in the sport. That isn't my point however - I was responding to the cartoonishly wrong statement that Khabib 'gets most of his take down' attempts, which is demonstrably false.

both are effecive in their own way but tbh Khabib’s mma wresslin is on another level. He would ragdoll Rda with ease, again.

Khabib has ferocious ground and pound

Colby has no hands
Colby isn't a really hard hitter. But watch RDA vs CC again, and tell me that CC has no hands.

CC's striking in general looked very improved his RDA, landed good clinch striking nice awkward hooks and some nice jabs. His hands are really underrated.

The example was terrible. I could say look at what Khabib did to Tibau and what Colby did to Griffin.

using Tibau is a shit example too though because he's one of the top P4P best TDD guys in the history of the game.

what a crock of shit.

to compare, usman was 8 for 19 against meek who is booty as hell and nowhere near RDA - and yet somehow i keep hearing how much of a powerhouse wrestler he is. colby was 7 for 18 against an elite tier fighter in RDA, that is not bad by any means.

seems like chaos is held to different standards

i don't think there are as many people calling Usman a powerhouse as you seem to think. plus, colby was 7 for 18.. sure, but what did he do with any of those 7 takedowns? it isn't JUST the TD that matters, guy

Back