Proposal to split California into three states makes November ballot

So they finally got this on the ballot, I didn't vote on Tuesday, I don't really vote anymore last time I voted was for Obama the first time around and California Governor Jerry Brown, what do you guys think of this? Good or bad move?

HT_Calif_3_split_180613KA_hpMain_13x7_608.jpg

California residents will get a chance to vote on a measure to divide the Golden State into three separate states, election officials said Tuesday.

Proponents of the CAL 3 initiative submitted more than 402,468 valid signatures as of Tuesday, making it eligible for the Nov. 6 general election ballot, according to the California Secretary of State’s office.

The office did not say exactly how many total signatures were submitted, but backers said the petition drew more than 600,000 from residents across the state’s 58 counties, dwarfing the 365,000 signatures required to qualify for the ballot.

Adding the initiative to the ballot would be the first step in a long process that would ultimately require approval from Congress.

Draper proposed similar measures in 2012 and 2014, but those efforts failed after election officials invalidated many of the signatures collected.

“The unanimous support for CAL 3 from all 58 of California’s counties to reach this unprecedented milestone in the legislative process is the signal that across California, we are united behind CAL 3 to create a brighter future for everyone,” Draper said in a statement in April after the signatures were collected.

Draper says the spilt would create three separate governments, boost education and infrastructure, and lower taxes, but critics claim it could do more harm than good.

“It’s not like you’re starting from scratch, you have to blow up everything,” Steven Maviglio, who helped defeat Draper’s previous effort, told local reporters earlier this year. “There are so many fundamentally flawed aspects to this.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/proposal-...er-ballot-085603479--abc-news-topstories.html

seems like an odd way to divide the state. Why not just 3 even chunks?

FUCK the new NorCal. I don't want those fucking asshole Bay Area people in my state. I don't want their bullshit politics in NorCal.

I want the State of Jefferson. Tons of counties already have voted to become The State of Jefferson.

SoJ-map_CA_1.2.16_color_legend.jpg

Can we just solve this by making all 50 states electoral votes be by proportion instead of winner take all....

This is the answer. It is entirely constitutional as some states already do it. It could be implemented within a matter of months were every state legislature willing.

seems like an odd way to divide the state. Why not just 3 even chunks?
Sort of like Gerrymandering. It's drawn that way for a reason and it was drawn by a republican.

FUCK the new NorCal. I don't want those fucking asshole Bay Area people in my state. I don't want their bullshit politics in NorCal.

I want the State of Jefferson. Tons of counties already have voted to become The State of Jefferson.

Yeah, that's not happening.

Funny part is I just listened to an episode of Revisionist History where he talked about doing this with Texas

LMAO! Fucking Bay Area is like an open-air mental assylum that nobody wants.

Anyway, this idea of 3 Californias will never fly, because ain't nobody with elementary knowledge about this state's history would want a Water War 2

Last edited:
Imagine being a conservative living in California? lol If this is economically and constitutionally possible then best of luck to them.

What do you mean economically or constitutionally possible for a conservative to live in California?

What do you mean economically or constitutionally possible for a conservative to live in California?
lol Guess I phrased that weird, I meant if it's possible to slit the state like that.

The state of Jefferson. Main exports:

?
Meth
?
?

The state of Jefferson. Main exports:

?
Meth
?
?

Agriculture would be huge. Wine industry would be huge. Marijuana industry would become largest in the world. Combine wine tourism + cannabis tourism, and then tourism becomes a massive economic industry. Lets not forget the Giants Redwoods. Also the Sierra Nevada mountain range provides amazing skiing and Lake Tahoe. Furthermore, there are other natural resources like a massive timber industry.

Also, Nevada, Oregon and Texas are pulling tons of businesses out of California with easier regulations, rules and taxes. Jefferson would be built on values similar to Texas. It would be all about small government, less regulation and it would be massively pro business. This would draw all sorts of businesses out of the other parts of California and pull back lots of productive people that had to leave California.

Meth is also a major export.

I'm all for self-governance, and better local rule.

That being said, I don't support changing the American flag from the thrifty nifty fifty United States.

So these new California states have to either tolerate not being represented with a star on the flag.

Or

They have to convince either North and South Dakota to now become "Dakota", or Virginia and West Virginia to now become "Virginia", or North and South Carolina to now become "Carolina". They would have to pull off any two of those three options. ;):D

lol Guess I phrased that weird, I meant if it's possible to slit the state like that.

Ahh haha makes sense. I was thinking “since when are conservatives suppose to be the poor ones?”

When you say Inland are you referring to the Inland Empire like the desert areas and places like Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Riverside, san bernadino those type of areas?
Yeah those shitty areas that don't bring much to the economy.

Agriculture would be huge. Wine industry would be huge. Marijuana industry would become largest in the world. Combine wine tourism + cannabis tourism, and then tourism becomes a massive economic industry. Lets not forget the Giants Redwoods. Also the Sierra Nevada mountain range provides amazing skiing and Lake Tahoe. Furthermore, there are other natural resources like a massive timber industry.

Also, Nevada, Oregon and Texas are pulling tons of businesses out of California with easier regulations, rules and taxes. Jefferson would be built on values similar to Texas. It would be all about small government, less regulation and it would be massively pro business. This would draw all sorts of businesses out of the other parts of California and pull back lots of productive people that had to leave California.

Meth is also a major export.
all of those combined dont make a dent on California tax revenue, and the tech industries of the Bay and Silicon Valley are synergistically helping "Jefferson" thrive. Without it, you're basically Oregon. Which isn't terrible, but a downgrade from current living conditions.

Back