DC vs Marvel

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who is better

I have to say marvel, DC is just too limited and they relied too much on Superman and Batman.

You pretty much answered your own thread.

What is better, sex with a smoking hot woman or being repeatedly smacked in the balls by an angry little person with a mallet?

I like Batman the most but that’s really it for DC

Marvel is a million times better

Avengers & X Men alone

I like Batman the most but that’s really it for DC

Marvel is a million times better

Avengers & X Men alone

I love the Netflix shows too I binge watched them

My favorite Marvel Characters are Daredevil, and The Punisher because they are more gritty and realistic not guys with super duper mutant powers.

of DC I like Batman the most.

Cormier is a human being while marvel is an entire franchise/commodity. How do we go about comparing the two?

Well both have highs and lows and just WTF moments.

The problem is with any long running universe i.e. Marvel, DC, DragonBall etc. you need to keep things moving and often times you have ten different writers and some just go retarded and then ret-cons come in and things get taken out and put into side stories blah blah

It's all just one big mess with fucked up power scaling, inconsistent story telling and down right stupid arcs. The best thing to do is find the ones you love and stick with them and love them for what they are.

Because in one story LT is nigh omni-potent and the next he is slain by Thanos or Thanos is getting legit whacked by Squirrel Girl then he is erasing half the universe.

I love DC' darkness and gritty stories, The Death of Superman will always be special to me, it blew me away as a kid, I must have read it like 100 times.

d527832685050c51f5e3722f8dd7ff9a.jpg

Such an epic fight, for me probably my favourite comic just on sentimental value of me being 10 years old sat in the library my imagination running wild imagining this fight happening is special to me.

Marvel have always been amazing at creating uber powerful characters, and the hierarchy goes so deep you have to admire the creativity, from earth troubles to space battles to intergalactic celestial duels and going as far as Reality and Time itself with characters like TOAA and LT over seeing things, that is a universe you can just get lost in.

For me I have to say it goes like this.

Comic Books: Alone they are a tie, it's either mans game here
Cartoons: DC all day, everyday, here, Justice League on Toonami was epic, growing up, nothing touching that and Teen Titans
Cinematic Universe: Marvel by a land slide although I do love the DC movies myself
Universe Depth and Creativity: Marvel wins on depth, creativity and character abilities, it just has everything for everyone.

So 2-1-1 to Marvel based on that but I ain't picking a winner because it is subjective and it's all cool as hell and anyone who flat out says one is better than than the other is a fucking fan boy idiot.

Edit. I'll also say I don't watch the TV series either produce so dunno who takes the edge there?

Last edited:
Warner/DC is making two joker movies, using two different actors in two different timelines

That should tell you how idiotic things over on the DC front are compared to Marvel. I wondered how someone could fuck up such a great IP, but then I instantly recalled the new Star Wars Trilogy.

MarySueStarWars.jpg

Comics wise, both have been appeasing people who don't even buy their comics, but Marvel has seemed worse.
DG7gqwUXUAEilBx.jpg

Last edited:
The thread to end the debate once and for all. A truly fitting OP for the event.

Marvel is better right now but I see them catering more toward kids. If DC ups their ante I can see them grabbing more of the market.

Marvel is the more compelling of the universes. DC has too many OP characters, though marvel has upped the amount in their comics too. Much to my dismay.

Last edited:
Warner/DC is making two joker movies, using two different actors in two different timelines

That should tell you how idiotic things over on the DC front are compared to Marvel. I wondered how someone could fuck up such a great IP, but then I instantly recalled the new Star Wars Trilogy.

MarySueStarWars.jpg

Comics wise, both have been appeasing people who don't even buy their comics, but Marvel has seemed worse.
DG7gqwUXUAEilBx.jpg

Iron man is back to being tony again, and Dr Doom was also iron man for a bit :p

I like the DC comics more than Marvel, but the Marvel movies more than DC

I love both, but like the TS stated DC relies too much on Superman and Batman.

Who is better

I have to say marvel, DC is just too limited and they relied too much on Superman and Batman.
bullshit
even in the justice league they have hitters that are relevant (wonder woman, green lantern, Flash, Martian manhunter, Aquaman)
also the JSA was better when bats and supes weren't around. Hawkman, the atom (when he got actual super strength) original green lantern, jay garrick flash, all those dudes were dope

Back