Who won round 4 of Romero vs Whittaker?

NekMinnit

The Reapers Era
@Green
Reaction score
This round was the decider of if Romero lost or drew. As I can't see how people say Romero won that round. Can someone please care to explain

Edit: Only stay on this round also. No other round. Thanks

Last edited:
You could give Romero 2 rnds, no more.

Whittaker won every round that he had 2 working hands in.

I had Whitaker taking round 4.

But I think what many think (should have) won it for Romero was scoring the rounds he won (3 and 5) as 10-8.

I had round three at 10-9 Romero and round five at 10-8 Romero. So I would have scored it a draw.

Moot point, though, as Whitaker remains champ either way.

Whittaker landed more but Romero ate everything and did all the damage, put Robbie on roller skates. I'd say round was close but you could say Robert. However, 3rd and 5th should both be 10-8s for Yomero I mean he literally beat Whittaker to a pulp each round and did more damage in 2-3 strikes than Robert did the whole fight

I thought Whittaker definitely won it after watching the fight twice.

Please someone explain to me how round 3 was a 10-8, go.

I thought Whittaker definitely won it after watching the fight twice.
Agreed. Rogans bias got the better of me.

I watched the fight with Russian commentators and it was as clear as day who won that round

I thought Whittaker, he dominated 4 minutes and thirty seconds of the round. Then Romero landed the best two shots of the round that wobbled Rob.

So it does come down to subjectivity. Does one punch that momentarily hurts your opponent weigh more than getting pieced up for 90% of the round?

I don't think so. If it would have been even a flash knock-down or something then yes. While it was the most siginificant moment of the round, I don't think it was significant enough to negate the other 90% of it.

Good luck... I scored each round as a 10-9, so there were no 10-8's.

Round 5 would have been a 10-8 if Romero (who was in the dominamt position) hadn't been instructed to stand-up due to inactivity.

Yoel, according to the new rules:

"Effectiveness in striking/grappling is about "impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match," with immediate impact receiving more weight than cumulative impact."

Yoel rocks opponent = loses round
Till rocks wonderboy = wins entire fight

UFC scoring is worse than boxing.

Yoel rocks opponent = loses round
Till rocks wonderboy = wins entire fight

UFC scoring is worse than boxing.
This guy is an idiot. Till got the knockdown to win the round. He was already winning it too,
Whittiker was winning the round for 4:30 minutes and then got staggered in the last 30 second, but without Romero doing anything else.

Lol at "Till rocks Wonderboy". It was a KD.

The fans did.

So let's stop arguing over this stupid shit and just hope these two dudes put on another war in the near future.

Whittaker won round 4 but it was close. I feel he had a lot more output and controlled the round. He obviously got rocked at the end but still took the round. Crazy considering what happened in round 3 and also that he was dealing with a broken right hand.

A derp de Romero landed ahhh some punches and put him in uhhh skates.

How do people not see Whittaker rocking Romero in the same round and finishing it strong lol.

Round 3 10-9 Romero
Round 4 10-9 Whittaker

Round 4 was Whittaker, I don't see how 3 could be a 10-8 when Whittaker recovered and came back with some great shots.

5 could be a 10-8 but at best that's a draw for Romero. If you don't legitimately stop the fight you have to respect the way it's scored as a sport. No complaining.

This guy is an idiot. Till got the knockdown to win the round. He was already winning it too,
Whittiker was winning the round for 4:30 minutes and then got staggered in the last 30 second, but without Romero doing anything else.

img_0391-png.385959

What does that have t do with anything dumbass, why move the goalposts t something completely different?

You were saying Till won the round he "rocked" WB whilst Romero didnt. Dumbass. The outcome of one fight doesnt affect another fight.

Back